Loop Control System (7/17/19)

Options
2»

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    It's not really a loop detection system now, is it? It's just a long turn detector.

If I'm playing a long turn because I've gone off on one with BSZs and Stitches, I can end the turn myself at any time I like by declining to cast my spells. I don't need the loop detection system telling me that it's discovered a loop when it actually hasn't, do I?

So, I'd say, in order to detect an actual LOOP, rather than a long turn, you could start the timer from the last time the player provided an input, rather than the start of the turn.

But, please don't do that, because I don't actually care, and I really wish you'd stop tinkering with this thing.
    Remember, the gem swap animations count against your turn time, even though I'm pretty sure we were originally told they would not.  So its really just a mass-conversion or mass-buff stopper
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have only a small comment.  Greg still loops.  He doesn't know how to hit the no button he has no fingers. :)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    I'm so glad you spend all your time working on this rather than anything people care about.

I am not even sure how this contributes to the discussion beyond being unnecessarily snarky towards the devs. I think this is something that needed to be addressed and I for one like the loop system.

When I saw this after the update I was very happy about being able to continue loops that I enjoy playing out and still being able to stop when given the chance as well. I have seen plenty of complaints in here about endless loops prior the timer. Since its installment there has been a change in the meta to account for it and I for am grateful for that change.