Learn PVP from others

Reading some of the threads, here are some suggestions that I think are doable and can make newbs and vets enjoy the game a bit more. My ideas are mostly from playing games such as WoW and COD that have a large core of players and have been successful for years.

1- Have true matches. Someone coming in with low points (say 0-100) shouldn't be able to match against someone with 400+ points. There are plenty of players that a correct match can be made. Retaliation would then only work for a certain period of time. If you miss it because you leveled too high or they did, you forfeit your ability to retaliate. This will eliminate late entries blasting those who started from day one and gain 40+ points per match and will now have to compete like the rest to get a top spot.

2- If you are ranked in a low tier (say you are a 1* player), you can't win the same prize as a 2* who can't win the same as a 3*. This will dictate proper progression and give everyone something to look forward to while those that have put their time won't feel that it was all in vain.

3- Create a progression storyline that players can get quality prizes that don't want to PvP or just want to do something different. It can help them a bit in the transition of 2* to 3* and so on. It can also help you take a break from the competition since the current PvE is still competitive.

4- Have the ability to turn off all effects. Say both team have Dakens. Have ability to turn all effects off (blades all show up immediately) so it helps you speed up the game. PvP is now so time based that it seems that every second counts and the last thing that you want is the extra effects delay which can keep you unshielded longer (for those wanting to shield hop or just shield period). It can also help those who play at night and now won't get a seizure during a match.

5- Show us our ranking. If we know where we stand, we can now have something to look forward to. Like in WoW, you won't see a 2400 team play against a 500 team. Again, there are enough players that in transition mode (2* to 3*), your only matches shouldn't be 141's.

6- Instead of introducing a new character that nobody is going to use (most use the same 6 or so anyways). Have characters that have match advantages. This will promote leveling more characters since you might want to use character A to fight character C but then change your team on your next fight because the match is set up differently. There will always be dominant characters but at least you give other characters more purpose.

Simple changes such as these would encourage more gameplay and players would probably spend more money with shields and leveling more characters instead of doing it pissed and then quitting due to frustration. Newbs will enjoy the natural progression and vets will enjoy that their continued hard work pays off, not that they spent a year in the game to see a level 50 get the same reward that he gets while working less, shielding less and spending less.

I have only 136 days in the game, I'm at 13k for season 1 and in the limbo 2-3 range. As badly as I might feel for myself, I can only imagine how those that have spent more time in the game feel.

Your game is only as good as your license lasts, especially with Marvel. I have worked with Marvel and know many license owners. Happy customer base is very important to them because if they don't make the money with you, they'll make it from another game manufacturer. Companies like WoW and COD have made changes due to player complaints / suggestions if they are within reason. D3P should take a page from their success and take advantage of what assets a forum such as this can give. I'm new here but this is by far one of the most civil forums I have ever been on. Don't let it go to waste.

Comments

• As for 6), I guess that won't be changed so easily, people just keep using the same. I have a larger range myself, for example using Spidey against 3* Storm, 2* Daken or Hulk (to knock out their passive abilities), 2* Widow or Hood against characters that take time to build an attack, Falcon against characters that create strike/attack tiles, Torch if I feel I have to strike quickly, Panther if I feel comfortable with a slower back-up damage dealer, etc. But some people only level very few characters, instead of equally levelling a larger base, and I guess that won't really change.
  • I've long felt that the metagame will inevitably be skewed to the "best" characters as long as the ISO investment is as big as it is, covers are stuck in the token system, and the rarity levels have different power levels.

I'd love to see a PvP metagame where all characters are in the same level/power band, purely balanced against each other by the design of their abilities and colors, and very, very easily leveled to max (or just autoleveled to max for the PvP bouts). I think it would be far healthier and much more fun to play.

Thing is, balance isn't the priority. Monetization is.