Secondary objective "Enraged" bugged (or changed without informing us) [Investigating]

Options
Machine
Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor

I heavily rely on Bolas 2 for these kind of objectives. However, planeswalker abilities that damage creatures no longer count towards this objective. Spells like Exquisite Firecraft or Solar Blaze (even hitting your own creatures) all DO count.

Please fix, as this has quite the impact on competitive play.

Edit: Enraged objective is where you have to deal X or more damage to creatures.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the report. 

Could you tell me which events you have encountered this in so far? 

Additionally, have you encountered this issue with any other Planeswalkers that you recall? 
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't have personal experience but know people had the issue with Bolas2/Ral in Raw - glory node 3 
  • Machine
    Options
    @Tombstone: In all the Ravnica at War events. I used Bolas 2's abilities. His ultimate and his flipped first ability did NOT count towards the objective, while it did count in other events. I have received reports from other players with this issue, but I'm not sure if other PWs have this same issue (e.g. Chandra 1's second ability).
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information. I'll go ahead and pass this along for investigation. 
  • Machine
    Options
    @Tombstone: The same bug is also present in The Elderspark event. Node 2.2 - Vindictive Encounter - doesn't count Bolas, the Ravager's Ult or flipped first ability when dealing damage to creatures.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information. I will inform the team that this issue is still occurring. 
  • Machine
    Options
    The issue seems to be with the "Enraged" objective. The "Bounty Hunter" objective works as expected, meaning PW ability damage is counted.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    The team has confirmed that this is a bug with the Enraged objective in which Planeswalker abilities do not count toward the objective total. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    The team has confirmed that this is a bug with the Enraged objective in which Planeswalker abilities do not count toward the objective total. 
    And will be fixing it?
  • ThomBlairIII
    ThomBlairIII Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just found that Lilianas second ability is not counting towards damaging creatures for the Enraged objective in "A Journey Through History: A Nightmare of War" when fighting Pit of Nightmares.
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    This is also an issue with TDW, neither of nb2’s damage abilities count towards the objective in top left node