CotT - He's on our side now! Miles Morales vs Spider Woman

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
Miles was LVL 290, got a Fatpin bonus cover, and crushed Spider Woman easily.  She did manage to get her black power off, but she matched it the very next turn.  Other than that, Miles went Invisible, and then SURPRISE!  Token's still in the hoard.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 209 5/5/3 Miles had a pretty smooth time of it. The board was green and yellow heavy, so it took a long time to get 14 purple to do the one-two surprise punch, but on the bright side, spider woman was having trouble getting enough purple for her own nasty traps. I hit her with a couple of venom blasts, then yellow, then purple, then purple again. That took her down for the count. 
    Sadly, my reward was a saved cover for Invisible Woman - I guess she approved of my invisible tactics and showed up to offer her approval. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/2 Miles with +1 purple AP, +60% match boost, Taskmaster Sword.

I should have gone all-in with the match damage, but I was making a "test run", and happened to win it.
    Invisibility is the key for a low-level Miles, and Surprise is only worth 1900+, so it's better to save the purple in case you need to go invisible again (or until it's worth a kill shot at the very end).

Focus on the purple, and don't Hide until the board is favorable with unmatchable purples. If the tile drops in a good place, you're probably golden. Keep a eye on available matches though. You don't want the board to shuffle.

Even with a good setup, match-4s or other factors (or if she gets enough purple) can still take out your invisibility. That's why it's worth loading up on match damage boosts, just to limit those opportunities.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With a Champed Miles, it was pretty easy. Picked up a bunch of purple, waited out a Redemption Countdown, then went invisible, sprayed some extra webs around with yellow, and then (Surprise!) it was all over.
    I can't remember who the actual result from the Token was, but it came with a bonus Black Cat cover, my first purple for her, so that was pretty cool.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Miles is at 209 with a 5/2/5, I have enough saved covers to convert and champ but I'm in no hurry and the Spider-Verse CoT previously showed there is no need to. Anyway a combination of red and purple was enough to take down Spider Woman who seems like a bad match up for Miles as he is quite fast and she is sooooooo sloooooooooow and the AI doesn't use her purple power well at all.