Fun boss event change up

Polly_P1
Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
I really have enjoyed the 1 vs 1 node in this latest boss event.  It brought the puzzle to the quest. So far I have seen a 494 goblin, 505 sandman, and a 516 venom. I lost twice to sandman and had to rethink my strategy, and that is a nice change of pace.  Even though both my alliance and I have finished progression on this event I plan on checking up on that node to have something to test myself on.  And as a bonus it even handed out a 4* cover. Thanks for adding this!  How did others find this node, and who did y’all use once scaling made it a challenge. I am also curious what the highest level anyone has gone against.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took out a 503 Venom with 5* Banner at 450. I rushed green so he could transform and take the nukes. While he was transformed I collected black as best as I could. When he changed back to banner I got 3 attack tiles and Venom got 0 because I had no teamates. I took 3 green hits from him and 2 yellow. It wasn't fast but I won.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost twice to sandman as well, i guess i was overconfident lol. GED was able to finally do it, with some damage boosters. I was shocked.. had been so long since i had been so handily defeated.. i loved it. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really liked this challenge. The 552 Venom was a bit nuts but even so, great for a change. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    @Malcrof I ended up using IW Cap I was actually using his purple to help control Sandman’s Green ap. Once I had enough AP I used coup de grace to end it.   I have heard of level getting into the 590’s I am looking forward to see how high I can go.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
      Don't forget crash rule #1, if you have 1 cover in a character that goes invisible it's winnable.  For me Miles (champed level 285 and boosted) has been the workhorse in this node.  Keep gathering Purple AP (and always keep more purple in the bank just in case the invisibility tile gets matched)  As long as the character you're fighting against doesn't have an AOE, stun or targets invisibility, it may not be a fast match, you can finish the match somewhat unscathed.  FYI my enemy level has been around 450+ for this node.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep forgetting that supports work in PvE. Okoye and her Royal Talon Fighter saved my bacon against that monster Sandman.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polly_P1 said:
    @Malcrof I ended up using IW Cap I was actually using his purple to help control Sandman’s Green ap. Once I had enough AP I used coup de grace to end it.   I have heard of level getting into the 590’s I am looking forward to see how high I can go.
    Thanks so much for the tip.  It took me three tries but finally had a good board that made this work.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Kitty has done the job for me in the 1:1 fights.  As we all know, once she starts boosting those special tiles, no health pool is safe...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom worked a treat vs Green Goblin and Venom. All three fights were enjoyable, even the two losses with other characters before realising Doom was the way to go against GG. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I have a relatively thin 4 * roster. Used Miles on goblin with no problems. Forgot about sandmans green AOE and Miles got wiped so I nuked him with 4 * marvel (with some luck on the drops).

Venom wiped Miles and then Marvel. Revived Miles and gave it another go and got lucky as the AI thought it was a good idea not to match the invisibility tile. 

Did enjoy it, was a challenge but would have enjoyed the Venom battle more if I wasn't pushed for time and trying to do it on my relatively short lunch break. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Kingpin is in the next wave of 1v1.  Haven't tried it yet but just a heads up.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye popped 5* Kingpin like a balloon.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took out kingpin with 5*daredevil first try. He is not as rough as beefed up 4*s poor meatshield.
  • Slothkins1
    Slothkins1 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Polly_P1 said:
      And as a bonus it even handed out a 4* cover. Thanks for adding this!  
    Did I miss this somehow, or does it come at the end? 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    See, and I struggled mightily against 436 Kingpin. I think he took me four tries with various chars -- he has quite a pool of health. And his green power is pretty nasty. Eventually, IW Spidey got him once I realized that I needed to prioritize green over red...

It has been enlightening to see just how good IW Spidey is at 1:1 battles! Very, very good...

MegaBee said:
    Okoye popped 5* Kingpin like a balloon.
    I considered this. It seems like it could be a long battle, forever chasing yellow and red (and teamups, obviously).
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    The 1v1s have been the only challenging fight for me. The Spider-Verse trifecta (IW Spider-Man, Miles and Gwen) can easily take down most other nodes with limited damage, including the big bosses. The 1v1s have me looking at my roster and adapting who I can afford to lose or burn a healthpack on.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Polly_P1 said:
      And as a bonus it even handed out a 4* cover. Thanks for adding this!  
    Did I miss this somehow, or does it come at the end? 
    Round 8 Boss Fight awards a random cover of Spider-Ham
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will say this I have not had any issues with the 1 V 1. Ode but my wife who is a 4* player had a couple big **** moments in the 1V1 node.  She used Miles to go invisible to win but she has tapped out before taking on venom.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just took out a 518 Prowler. 

I forgot how good Miles is as he has save my butt on all of these.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Been using Okoye and occasionally include a 50% red and yellow bonus 

so far so good , can’t wait for round 8 to get the free cover:)