Spider Ham Purple

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm playing the Porcine of Interest PvP and my Spider Ham is 2/2/4.

The description of his Purple says "Stun a random enemy Minion for 2 turns and remove up to 1 enemy Countdown, Strike, Attack, or Protect  tiles, removing Countdown tiles first."

Yet when I fire Purple I never stun anyone. Nor does the enemy Spider Ham (usually 1/1/1) stun any of my characters.

Is there a bug here or does Minion mean something different than enemy Character (note the the other part of the power which removes specials does work)?

KGB

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Minion=thug not playable character. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield/Hammer agents, Maggia, Mindless Ones, Symbiotes, Ultron Sentries, Hand, those are Minions.

You're playing PVP, which has zero Minions, and thus his purple won't stun anyone.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    But it will remove CDs, and with Hammy’s blue fortified CD doing upwards of 15K damage, it has saved my bacon more than once.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peter porker is definitely 5/3/5 for PVP lol.   Yeah that purple is geared primarily for PVE play.  In those goon heavy nodes, its well worth respeccing to 5 purple.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    But it will remove CDs, and with Hammy’s blue fortified CD doing upwards of 15K damage, it has saved my bacon more than once.
    So, I'm fairly certain that this won't fire just to remove CDs and special tiles. It told me there was nothing this power could affect and thus failed to launch (but I'm not 100% sure that my memory that there was a CD at the time is accurate).
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    helix72 said:
    So, I'm fairly certain that this won't fire just to remove CDs and special tiles. It told me there was nothing this power could affect and thus failed to launch (but I'm not 100% sure that my memory that there was a CD at the time is accurate).
    I used his purple multiple times in the PVP tournament, and had the enemy team use it to remove my blue countdown.  If there are no minions on the enemy team, then there must be some enemy special tiles on the board.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Never seen them called minions before anywhere. On the forum I see them referred to as goons or non-tile movers.

Would the 'Gorgon' count as a minion? It's a non-playable character but it is a tile mover. So is 'Ultron Prime' (tho he is immune to stun). Are sentries really minions if they are tile movers?

The game itself REALLY needs an in game description of what all the terms are.

KGB
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Yepyep said:
    helix72 said:
    I used his purple multiple times in the PVP tournament, and had the enemy team use it to remove my blue countdown.  If there are no minions on the enemy team, then there must be some enemy special tiles on the board.
    Thanks -- you're right. It's used constantly against me and I have no minions...
    KGB said:
    Never seen them called minions before anywhere. On the forum I see them referred to as goons or non-tile movers.

Would the 'Gorgon' count as a minion? It's a non-playable character but it is a tile mover. So is 'Ultron Prime' (tho he is immune to stun). Are sentries really minions if they are tile movers?

The game itself REALLY needs an in game description of what all the terms are.

KGB
    This is a legitimate point. It's like complaints about the SAT test -- this language requires inside information to interpret correctly. For example, how on Earth can a person with a different native language than English be expected to understand what "minions" means in this context?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game actually does refer to them as "minions" in (as far as I can tell) exactly one other place, one of the largely useless tips that everyone just taps through when you lose or retreat from a match. But even that doesn't define them.