New Alliance Event: Battle at the Basilica *Updated (7/1/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Battle at the Basilica

Hi Everyone,

At 12:00 pm ET on July 1st, we will be debuting a brand new Alliance event called Battle at the Basilica, and it will feature Double Iso-8 rewards on its release! 

Otherworldly elementals Hydro-Man and Molten-Man have launched an attack on the grand city of Venice! Only you and your Alliance can stop their menace! Work together with Spider-Man and your Alliance to defeat these monstrosities and keep humanity safe!

(Above image is edited to showcase both Boss Fight icons)

There is 1 Boss Fight mission that features 2 unique bosses, and 5 side missions to challenge players. Completing the Boss Fight mission will lock it until you either complete a side mission, wait for the next Round to begin, or wait for its "Available In..." timer to reach 0. Once a side mission is completed, they will also become locked until the "New Missions In..." timer reaches 0. Each Round will have 2 Wave missions, 2 standard 3v3 missions, and a single 1v1 mission.

There's a grand total of 8 Rounds to complete. See if your Alliance can be the first to complete all of them!

Hydro-Man

Hydro-Man's endless, crushing waves threaten the Earth! Take out his dangerous Hydraulic Defense tile to stop him from generating AP, and watch out for his Tidal Wave! Remember, Hydro-Man cannot be stunned.

(Round 1 Hydro-Man)
(Abilities listed at level 100)
Tidal Wave
- 9 greentilepng AP
Hydro-Man sends a wave of water crashing onto the city, flooding the ground beneath who would stand against him. Hydro-Man heals for 312 health and converts 4 Black, Purple, and Red tiles to be Green, Yellow, or Blue. If any converted tiles are enemy special tiles, heal Hydro-Man for 312 per special tile converted.

Hydro-Man cannot be Stunned or sent Airborne.

Flood and Flame - 6 yellowtilepng AP
Hydro-Man calls on his brother in destruction, Molten-Man! The two unite for an explosive attack, flooding the streets with fire and rain. Molten-Man and Hydro-Man deal 937 damage to the enemy with the lowest health. If there are 9 or more Team-Up tiles on the board when this power is fired, Hydro-Man steals 1 random AP from the enemy team.

Hydraulic Defensebluetilepng Passive 
With complete control over his water molecules, Hydro-Man absorbs incoming attacks without flinching. At the start of the battle, Hydro-Man creates an 8-turn Fortified Countdown tile that deals 312 damage. While this tile is on the board, Hydro-Man generates 5 Blue, Yellow, or Green AP whenever a match is made in the enemy team's strongest color. The first time Hydro-Man has 9 or more Blue AP, create 2 new 8-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.

Molten-Man

Molten-Man's reign of fire threatens the Earth! Take out his dangerous Igneous Armor tile to deal more damage to him, and watch out for his Volcanic Eruption! Remember, Molten-Man cannot be Stunned.

(Round 2 Molten-Man)
(Abilities listed at level 125)
Volcanic Eruption - 9  AP
Molten-Man unleashes his fury, setting off a massive explosion that rains hellfire on the streets below. Molten-Man deals 386 damage and converts 4 Blue, Green, and Purple tiles to be Red, Yellow, or Black. If any converted tiles are enemy special tiles, deal 386 damage to the enemy per special tile converted.

Molten-Man cannot be Stunned or sent Airborne.

Flame and Flood - 6 yellowtilepng AP
Molten-Man calls on his brother in destruction, Hydro-Man! The two unite for an explosive attack, flooding the streets with fire and rain. Molten-Man and Hydro-Man deal 515 damage to the enemy with the lowest health. If there are 9 or more Team-Up tiles on the board when this power is fired, Molten-Man steals a burst of 154 health from the enemy team.

Igneous Armorblacktilepng Passive 
With every crack that appears, Molten-Man emits more lava, building up a hardened shell against his enemy's attacks. At the start of the battle, Molten-Man creates a 6-turn Fortified Countdown tile that heals for 1096 health. While this tile is on the board, Molten-Man takes 40% less damage from his enemies. The first time Molten-Man has taken 1031 damage, create 2 new 6-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.

Event Rewards

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right on, looks fun!

This is the full package (how the event works, how the bosses work, and the reward structure) all in one, and I thank you for making sure it got to us on a Friday afternoon. Having information for alliance events ahead of time is great for helping people plan (and my own group of alliances is nearing a player count of 200 now, so a little goes a long way in helping myself and other commanders make sure everyone else is ready for new content).

I'm interested in seeing how the new stuff plays out.

So, two questions. The boss fight features 2 bosses, are those fought together on a team, or back to back like in a wave node (like Sinister Six with 2 characters in a boss fight instead of 3?).

And then the 1v1 node, any information on that? Sounds interesting. I would assume it's Spider-Man related, but that still doesn't tell us much. As much as these types of nodes seem to be enjoyed in holiday events, if they can add some variety to each refresh cycle of a boss event, I'm sure they'll be a welcome change.

Now all I need to do is find something to keep me distracted for the weekend so this event (and then the movie itself, and then Mysterio's release after that) can get here faster! :D
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I, for one, am excited for something new. These bosses look like they get pretty tough at higher levels. What's the easiest way to get rid of fortified enemy CD tiles? Spider-Ham's purple?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JHawkInc said:
    Right on, looks fun!

This is the full package (how the event works, how the bosses work, and the reward structure) all in one, and I thank you for making sure it got to us on a Friday afternoon. Having information for alliance events ahead of time is great for helping people plan (and my own group of alliances is nearing a player count of 200 now, so a little goes a long way in helping myself and other commanders make sure everyone else is ready for new content).

I'm interested in seeing how the new stuff plays out.

So, two questions. The boss fight features 2 bosses, are those fought together on a team, or back to back like in a wave node (like Sinister Six with 2 characters in a boss fight instead of 3?).

And then the 1v1 node, any information on that? Sounds interesting. I would assume it's Spider-Man related, but that still doesn't tell us much. As much as these types of nodes seem to be enjoyed in holiday events, if they can add some variety to each refresh cycle of a boss event, I'm sure they'll be a welcome change.

Now all I need to do is find something to keep me distracted for the weekend so this event (and then the movie itself, and then Mysterio's release after that) can get here faster! :D
    The bosses will rotate back and forth between Molten-Man and Hydro-Man each Round. As for the 1v1 node, it will act similarly to the Crash of the Titan mission in DDQ, although I'm afraid I don't know what the individual opponents will be.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Those 1v1s will be hard on Sunday when the side nodes hit 400+.  But they should be an interesting change of pace until then.

Molten man seems likely to be the real challenge, and even the best teams like thorkoye can take some extra time against % dr (like sandman in sinister six).  We will have to see what the boss looks like in round 8 to see if the slower pace of fights against him will be problematic.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I, for one, am excited for something new. These bosses look like they get pretty tough at higher levels. What's the easiest way to get rid of fortified enemy CD tiles? Spider-Ham's purple?
    Going just by boosted characters, you've got Captain America at the 2* and 3* levels.  At the 4* level, Spider-Man might be able to lock the tile with his green if you're lucky.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Spider-woman's purple will be very useful for zapping enemy special tiles, I'm thinking. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5* Widow can remove them with her purple (which gets cheaper to fire since they are count downs).

The real problem, esp for Molten Man is that he's going to create new ones almost immediately due to the low damage threshold.

KGB
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    I think they can only proc twice:

at the start of the battle and then the first time .... 
    so 3 max?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The answer is Kitty Pryde's Circuit Breaker at 5 covers. These two passive abilities become useless almost immediately because Kitty will override them.

In 4* land, Bishop and Invisible Woman might help

In 3* land, Sam Wilson's Redwing at 4 covers overwrite their tiles.

Bishop and Sam Wilson might be faster. Let Bishop take damage to gain 5 blue ap and Sam Wilson will override their countdown tile.

In 2* land, use Black Widow's Anti-Gravity Device.  :D (just kidding). Captain Marvel might help but it's up to RNG.

In 1* land, use Yelena. :D
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Quick question(s): is the 1v1 node with a required character or can you choose anyone? In fact are there any required characters on the side mission nodes, or are we completely free to use our rosters?

Otherwise this looks amazing fun already, cant wait!! :smiley:
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick question(s): is the 1v1 node with a required character or can you choose anyone? In fact are there any required characters on the side mission nodes, or are we completely free to use our rosters?

The side missions are going to require the boosted list, like any other boss event. Will likely specifically require Infinity War Spidey, Blade, and Ares, and then we'll have some that are generic, like one that'll say "Iron Man" and not care which version you use. That's pretty standard for a boss, and I don't expect it to change.

No idea about the 1v1 nodes. I would guess they won't be locked into a single character solely so the don't lock out too many players from trying it, but I don't know where they draw the line. Any version of Spider-Man? Any member of the Spidey family? Anyone from the boost list (so add in Cap, Iron Man, Fury, Venom, etc?). Just anyone at all since the challenge is that it's 1v1? Guess we'll find out that bit on Monday.

Also, in terms of dealing with those countdowns, the obvious solution is 3* Captain America since he's boosted.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    JHawkInc said:

The side missions are going to require the boosted list, like any other boss event. Will likely specifically require Infinity War Spidey, Blade, and Ares, and then we'll have some that are generic, like one that'll say "Iron Man" and not care which version you use. That's pretty standard for a boss, and I don't expect it to change.

No idea about the 1v1 nodes. I would guess they won't be locked into a single character solely so the don't lock out too many players from trying it, but I don't know where they draw the line. Any version of Spider-Man? Any member of the Spidey family? Anyone from the boost list (so add in Cap, Iron Man, Fury, Venom, etc?). Just anyone at all since the challenge is that it's 1v1? Guess we'll find out that bit on Monday.

Also, in terms of dealing with those countdowns, the obvious solution is 3* Captain America since he's boosted.
    Yeah, just saw the July Sneak Peek, there was a "character categories" list there, so yeah, definitely featured.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait to try this.  Gonna brief the alliance...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    In addition to those mentioned above, Teen Jean purple will clear them out. The Stun component of Nico's blue won't work, but it should still remove the Countdowns. I think St4rLord's purple can overwrite Countdowns. Shuri's red removes a Fortified enemy Special tile every time it's fired. Probably a few more that I'm forgetting.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Valkyrie, GladiaThor, and Chavez usually put a serious hurting on single bosses.  Val's bounty only has one target.  Half Health Thor can destroy enough tiles to get that damage threshold met, and Chavez's critical will do that if Thor's tile destruction doesn't.  We'll see how Chavez's critical generation works vs Hydroman's AP generation, though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    This all sounds like fun but I really hope it is a one off as a Monday event as I will miss 2 clears at least guaranteed due to work. Could end up being as many as 4 depending on how hard it is.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    This all sounds like fun but I really hope it is a one off as a Monday event as I will miss 2 clears at least guaranteed due to work. Could end up being as many as 4 depending on how hard it is.
    Yep.  I made the same comment to my alliance as well.  With work, this will be some tough to get anywhere near the scores we would on a weekend based event.  The damage reduction on the boss will make it doubly difficult to get a quick clear at the higher levels.

I can see why it's being put out to time with Far From Home, but since we can no longer complain about the lack of information about the event, it's time to start complaining about something else. :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yep.  I made the same comment to my alliance as well.  With work, this will be some tough to get anywhere near the scores we would on a weekend based event.  The damage reduction on the boss will make it doubly difficult to get a quick clear at the higher levels.

I can see why it's being put out to time with Far From Home, but since we can no longer complain about the lack of information about the event, it's time to start complaining about something else. :)

Agreed. I am going to complain that Baisica Basicar Basically the name is hard to spell.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited July 2019
    DAZ0273 said:

Agreed. I am going to complain that Baisica Basicar Basically the name is hard to spell.
    I still keep reading it as Battlestar Galactica... no, wait... oops. Basilica! Thats the one. :p