Namor "Imperius Rex!" appeared to KO two opponents

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
This may not have been a bug. It may just have been that with animations/Character Effects turned off, I wasn't 100% able to follow what happened in today's Behemoth Burrito node while fighting Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thor.
I began by targeting Hawkeye, and by the time he was low on health (low hundreds), I'd acquired enough green AP to fire Imperius Rex!  As this power does more damage the more Blue tiles are on the board, then destroys a random set of tiles, I switched to Thor, fired Imperius Rex!...and both Thor and Hawkeye went down leaving only Wolverine.
It's possible that what happened is the first part of the power KOd Thor, then the tile destruction part KOd Hawkeye.
But I'm puzzled because when Thor went down, because of the character order, I thought Wolverine should have moved to the front, to take the damage from the tile destruction part, and not Hawkeye.
I just turned Animations on and did Dat Required Character using Namor, Iron Fist, and Kamala Khan (to help generate green AP) for Namor. I dropped Moonstone to 509 HP then with enough green to fire Imperius Rex brought Bag Man to the front, so Moonstone was next on deck, and...Bag-Man went down with Moonstone eating the tile destruction damage. So it IS a 2-part power. much like Daken's Blue, and I expect this was probably verified when he was released? Huh. It appears it was not. Or at least I didn't see any mention of that in the Namor discussion thread.
Also after KOing Moonstone, NOW I see what confused me. The AI team's displayed character order changed when I KOd first Thor, then Hawkeye, and Wolverine moved to the front. The KOd Hawkeye did not move to the very back. The KOd Thor remained at the back while KOd Hawkeye only dropped back one spot to the middle spot, and that's what led me to thinking Wolverine should have been after Thor.
So, no bug. But confirmed that Imperious Rex deals damage twice, and confirmed that the second KOd character only moves back one spot.