Health Pack Saving in PvP

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
So I recently equipped a L3 Carols Communicator (maxed at L150) to Grocket for the 44% chance of the 2 Strength 600 protect tiles at the start of battle for PvE. And it works wonders against tile movers and those annoying Mindless Ones reducing a ton of damage.

But tonight I found out it's also useful for saving Health Packs in PvP, esp for Bishop teams (or anyone who soaks damage). I used Grocket in the Black Cat PvP and he was down to 500 health when I switched to do my final clears in PvE. After doing the easy nodes I suddenly noticed he was almost back to full 14K health. Then it dawns on me, the Rank 3 heal of 43% chance for 2K health is true heal and not burst!

So if you are a Bishop user in PvP this is the support for you. Once he gets down in health rather than using a health pack just put him with Grocket in the easy nodes of PvE and match a few of Grockets strikes and you'll fully heal him. Yes, it takes a couple of minutes time (like playing the prologue for healing used to do for Patch/Daken etc) but if you are short on health packs this is a great way get Bishop back into the game.

KGB

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If that's true I finally know why the devs are not interested in fixing supports. If you can really true heal any character with one support it's very unfair that some players got this one by luck and others didn't. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was that a 3* rocket groot by chance?  Supports aren't supposed to work in PVP.  so it would be surprising if it did.  but 3* rocket Groot does have a true heal component.

In any case please double check that.  We were told supports won't work in PVP or SIM.  and if it is, we should identify which supports are now working in Versus events
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    If that's true I finally know why the devs are not interested in fixing supports. If you can really true heal any character with one support it's very unfair that some players got this one by luck and others didn't. 
    The issue devs have is more that they have tried to make Supports hard to get while not overly-broken-useful, and as a result they have (presumably) not seen the monetization results they are hoping for.  Note the recent survey which was basically asking people, a year in, to provide feedback about Supports as an overall feature.  Searching for a way forward.

@Phumade
    While I also was confused at first by the title of this thread, the OP is suggesting taking Bishop into PVE with the Support he mentioned (which I don't have, although I do have a Pizza Dog that does something similar) to replenish the health Bishop burns up in PVP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Was that a 3* rocket groot by chance?  Supports aren't supposed to work in PVP.  so it would be surprising if it did.  but 3* rocket Groot does have a true heal component.

In any case please double check that.  We were told supports won't work in PVP or SIM.  and if it is, we should identify which supports are now working in Versus events
    I don't think the Support is working in PvP. He is saying that once your Bishop gets injured badly playing PvP you can then put him in PvE with R4G on and the Support heals him there.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know we all were thinking of ways to make Bishop stronger. He’s such garbage! (/sarcasm). 

Honestly, I don’t know how often I’ll use this as I don’t use Bishop all that much (maybe that’ll change). But, I have an unequipped/unleveled rank 3 communicator, about 2 million red iso, and an open support slot on Bishop. Consider it equipped!  Nice find!

Phumade said:

He pretty clearly stated that he healed in PVE trivial nodes, after losing health in PVP.
  • Phumade
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hmm the only problem with using PVE to heal for PVP is that that most comp players are on a fixed schedule to maximize points and placement.  I don't think my placement could afford the resulting loss of PVE points and the resulting drop in placement rewards.

But I suppose that's a pretty good strategy for most people to recover health.  

I would definitely tell all the other guys who play comp tier PVE to do that!!!!!!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes, it was definitely 4* Grocket I was healing with the support (part of GrockMordusa I use to clear PvE) after having him injured in PvP play in the Black Cat event.

I'm only a T20 player in PvE so I don't mind clearing 1 trivial node a bit early for the health pack savings. Probably a lot of players in a similar situation who aren't super PvE competitive (T10) who can use this support to save health packs on Bishop (or any character who regularly tanks in PvP)

KGB
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would think this would work great while a Shield training is open, since you can toss 'em into as many nodes as you want.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Hmm the only problem with using PVE to heal for PVP is that that most comp players are on a fixed schedule to maximize points and placement.  I don't think my placement could afford the resulting loss of PVE points and the resulting drop in placement rewards.

I would definitely tell all the other guys who play comp tier PVE to do that!!!!!!
    You could always use it in the DPD on that last wave node and just not finish it.. you will lose some of the health but it wouldn’t interfere with PvE scoring 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:

Which is why he said use it on easy nodes. He's essentially doing replays for no points on those nodes to heal Bishop to full in between plays. He's just doing tapping again without the points benefit.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phumade said:

Which is why he said use it on easy nodes. He's essentially doing replays for no points on those nodes to heal Bishop to full in between plays. He's just doing tapping again without the points benefit.
    You still lose “optimal” points doing it that way tho.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phumade said:

Can't you just do it in the prologue?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:

Only if you haven't completed it. Those nodes all red check now.
  • Phumade
    Options
    Phumade said:

Most comp tier players have long since exhausted their Prologue healing nodes.  There is along history of people repeating the Venom node.

With all that said, I absolute recommend this to players who aren't comp tier PVE.  the Easy 1 node varies from 100 to 200 points in value.  So what's that in the big scheme of things?  Most PVE scoring is measured in the 10's of thousands.  If this helps you maintain PVP play longer, then its a great option for people who feel frustrated in pop.

I already see lots of JJ Bishop teams floating,  so this can be a great way to re heal your combos if you can handle the loss of points in pve.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    isn't the majority of the game based on luck? Lucky pulls, lucky tile drops... I have a 2 * communicator unfortunately... but i do have a chimichanga that will true heal deadpool :)