R181 Release Notes (6/24/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R181 build.

R181!
  • Stay sharp-witted as Mysterio misdirects his foes in Marvel Puzzle Quest! 
What's Changed:
  •  Game background, loading screen, and icon have been updated in celebration of Spider-Man: Far From Home

We hope you're enjoying the Spider-Man: Far From Home Celebration, and thank you for being a part of our MPQ community!

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stay sharp-witted...  :open_mouth: . I only know of one character that could fit! 5* Psylocke follows up Fishbowl-Man! She literally makes her brain power sharp!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    R181!
    • Stay sharp-witted as Mysterio misdirects his foes in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
    I’m not going to lie; I wish a clue like this came out pre-Dazzler just to see who had the best one ;)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sharp witted, huh?

Why do you think we should trust anything related to Mysterio?

Who's got a...sharper...mind than Mr. Pointy Head himself?

Image result for marvel impossible man

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The release notes on Android also mention upcoming Spider-Man themed events:
    • Battle at the Basilica
    • All Spider-Man
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby : The release notes in the app store state "BATTLE AT THE BASILICA"

Whats is that?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like those one clear node events like 12 days of Christmas.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/spider-man-swings-into-marvel-games-with-far-from-home-inspired-event?linkId=69475137 In this article it says Battle at the Basilica is a Boss event that starts July 1 which is a Monday, wondering if the date is right
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    A new boss event would be awesome
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yikes, Marvel have done it again, second year in a row like they did with the Infinity War stuff!

Stealth Suit Spidey costume eh, wonder who that will be for? I supposes Infinity War Spidey is probably favourite as he will have some overlap with FFH.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yikes, Marvel have done it again, second year in a row like they did with the Infinity War stuff!

Stealth Suit Spidey costume eh, wonder who that will be for? I supposes Infinity War Spidey is probably favourite as he will have some overlap with FFH.
    If you watch the loading screen it seems like the Stealth Suit is for 3 Spidey.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

If you watch the loading screen it seems like the Stealth Suit is for 3 Spidey.
    Yeah, just seen that, looks like 3* Spidey it is.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Is it wrong that Mysterio's animation is just sort of cracking me up? I hope they made it that bad on purpose in celebration of how hilariously sad he is!

(Cue army of Mysterio lovers throwing fish bowls at me)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love Mysterio specifically because he is such a sad weird character lol
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    xdogg said:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/spider-man-swings-into-marvel-games-with-far-from-home-inspired-event?linkId=69475137 In this article it says Battle at the Basilica is a Boss event that starts July 1 which is a Monday, wondering if the date is right
    Holiday week in the United States with the Fourth of July. Similar to how they've treated other events around the holidays. They know they're going to have a dip in players and adjust expectations/commitments accordingly for that.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    xdogg said:
    Off-topic,  but any thoughts on why the Battle Lines Nick Fury is holding a cup of espresso while also wielding his gun...? By the look on his face he might be about to shoot the barista for producing a poorly executed americano, which seems really mean.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    xdogg said:
    Holiday week in the United States with the Fourth of July. Similar to how they've treated other events around the holidays. They know they're going to have a dip in players and adjust expectations/commitments accordingly for that.
    The MPQ developers' major new FFH tie ins:

1.  We have a cool new boss event centered around FFH.
    2.  We have a cool new 4* Mysterio character.

Assuming they generate content to drive interest and engagement (and eventually spending) - and they do - then making the boss event separate from the new release maximizes players' interest as you will get a lot of players who want to play a new PVE (boss) and a lot of players who want covers for the new 4.

Will there be less people playing?  Maybe.  Surely there will be a lot of people with some days off, which in general seems to me means you might have some more time to play than usual.