Vanguard Ugin’s passive not discounting

Options
I built a colorless deck and included the Ugin vanguard. Nothing was discounted: Not artifacts, lands, or colorless eldrazi. 

I am dissapoint.

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It does some times but not always. I used it with portals and with itself and the first turn out never got the effect. In the nrxt turns (do not know how many) it started to discount the mana needed. 
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rafalele said:
    It does some times but not always. I used it with portals and with itself and the first turn out never got the effect. In the nrxt turns (do not know how many) it started to discount the mana needed. 
    That's almost weirder than doing nothing at all!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mrixl2520 said:
    rafalele said:
    That's almost weirder than doing nothing at all!
    Yeah, some cards that give discounts seem to be programmed to manually do it at the start of every turn instead of passively (see:  Eye of Ugin for an ironic reference, or the Goblin Chieftan for another)

Usually it also applies the turn you play it, but I'm not surprised they messed that up on a card that literally everyone got.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    I’ve had this happen, too. It’s almost like it needs a subsequent event that encourages it to check that state.