New event! RaW

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
Given the week we've had, time to be positive!  We get a new event this week!  Should be fun!
Tagged:

Comments

• Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Im very excited for some fresh events! 
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Hip Hip!
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will be very surprised if we don't see some bugs in this event. Flabbergasted, I tell you.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Matthew said:
    I will be very surprised if we don't see some bugs in this event. Flabbergasted, I tell you.
    I don't know whats more depressing, the fact that game-breaking bugs are now expected from every new thing that gets implemented or the fact that there has only been 1 event in the history of MTGPQ that was NOT released with massive amounts of bugs (it was the first, the Oath event, if you're curious)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The first NOP had bugs. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    The first NOP had bugs. 
    Oh, you're right it did.  Allow me revise that to the FIRST event was the only one without any issues.
    Nice to see someone else who remembers the good old days
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait can everyone see the new event?  I don't see it yet in my events page
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait can everyone see the new event?  I don't see it yet in my events page
    Opt in isn’t for another 22 minutes. You can see opt in times in the events thread. 
  • Jbluew
    Jbluew Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I thought there were going to be more jewels available in events going forward.  The amount of jewels in this event are a joke!  What happened?
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rewards in this event are the worst I ever saw in any event they made.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Options
    What if I have some kind of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and I really can’t stand having a total of jewels which is not a multiple of 5 ? I quit the game ?
    I had rather not play than getting eye sores and stress panic over that total.

Can you please as an improvement request remove the jewels from this event ? This should be an easy one.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rasalghul said:
    What if I have some kind of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and I really can’t stand having a total of jewels which is not a multiple of 5 ? I quit the game ?
    I had rather not play than getting eye sores and stress panic over that total.

Can you please as an improvement request remove the jewels from this event ? This should be an easy one.
    Yes, remove the jewels and just give us Mythical/Rare Vanguard support credits, instead. ;)
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    So @Brigby when are we going to see those events with increased jewel rewards?
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    The first NOP had bugs. 
    Oh, you're right it did.  Allow me revise that to the FIRST event was the only one without any issues.
    Nice to see someone else who remembers the good old days
    I played during the good old days but I seem to have blacked them out from my memory.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jbluew said:
    I thought there were going to be more jewels available in events going forward.  The amount of jewels in this event are a joke!  What happened?
    I'm sure it's something simply such as they forgot to add a 0 at the end of each of the gem rewards. No doubt they will correct it in a timely manner....
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
     I bet there was a tipo in the sentence : "upcoming events will focus more on [removing] jewel rewards".
    Jbluew said:
    I'm sure it's something simply such as they forgot to add a 0 at the end of each of the gem rewards. No doubt they will correct it in a timely manner....
    Even with an added 0 ... 50 jewels and no crystals for top 5 in platinum would hardly be an enhancement .... 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    Rewards in this event are the worst I ever saw in any event they made.
    Came here to complain about the rewards, too
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    These rewards are garbage, WTK?
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Progression rewards and MJ and a disgrace. 
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    The rewards would probably be fine if we hadn't been promised new events would focus more on jewel rewards.  5 jewels for progression and a max 5 additional jewels for solo performance feels kind of insulting given that promise and the cost of (non-dupe) vanguard packs.  The coalition jewel rewards are pretty good, though anyone who doesn't have a good coalition is probably out of luck.  There's plenty of packs to be gotten and that's nice, but we can't get vanguard supports from packs so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯