How to get the 10th cover of Ronin for shield training?

Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
currently have ~12000HP, ~12000cp, and 120 latest tokens

Latest
5* capt marvel is not championed but I only need a couple more 4* covers to get the 13th cover.
5* hela only have a couple of covers, and 5* rescue is a lone cover. 

Classic
Only mid-low tier 5*s that are undercovered: ghost rider, doom, black widow, green goblin, dr ock, black suit Spider-Man, wasp and archangel 

How to get the 10th cover of Ronin for shield training? 37 votes

Direct purchase for 120 cp
16%
firethorneLFChikarasonturbomooseScreen MonkeyMrmjchess1MoonKnight 6 votes
Pull latest tokens with bonus hero
16%
Dragon_Nexus[Deleted User]bluewolfKishidaMonsoon3jp1 6 votes
Pull classic tokens with bonus hero
18%
LoosieKGBProjectus2501randomhero1090Scofiespidyjedi84IIAlonditeII 7 votes
Purchase 40x pack infinite pursuit for 11800 HP
5%
YasuruZolom 2 votes
Don’t bother
43%
KolenceChipster22PongieLopan15Tony_FootWEBGASJackDeath666BigBZ32DyingLegendBubba3210DAZ0273Shintok17Pyram7helix72TheWhiteWidowbundles87 16 votes

Comments

• Pongie
    Don’t bother
    Would have been great if storm entered latest before shield training ends. I have to pull latest to get her anyway. 

Also note I recently gotten 2x bonus heroes a couple of days ago from random tokens but I lacked the foresight and had it set to Mordo (need like 15 to finish Dr Strange). Could be many pulls before another bonus hero drop.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would pull Latest with BH until I got it. The Hela covers are worth it if you get them.

OTOH, Black Cat is underwhelming so maybe not worry about it?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Ronin is progression reward in IP PVE.   Maybe you already built that in. 

Id pull classics with ronin BH til you get it. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Would have been great if storm entered latest before shield training ends. I have to pull latest to get her anyway.
    I think she will though?  The SHIELD Training event runs for another 6.5 days, and I'd expect to see Storm on Tuesday.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    You also have a chance to get a Ronin from the Infinite Pursuit tokens (you should get 4 from Shield Training then more from the PvE event itself).

I only had 7 Ronin covers myself. I opened the 4 Infinite Pursuit I got from Shield Training and got nothing. Then I pulled 36 latest before I got 1 BH and 1 Ronin cover so now I have 9 and I'll get the 10th from the PvE event.

In my case I only had 1-2 covers for the 3 latest 5*. I ended up getting 7 5* covers in my 36 pulls of which 5 were Rescue and 1 each of CM/Hela. You could easily get those same garbage Rescue covers (I would have rather than 4* covers) hence my vote for opening classics instead (costs less CP too).

KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Pongie said:
    I think she will though?  The SHIELD Training event runs for another 6.5 days, and I'd expect to see Storm on Tuesday.
    Storm will probably actually enter tokens on Monday.

I'd start there (Latests) and hope for the best.  I've gotten a fair number of bonus heroes lately.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    This is why I hoard heroic tokens.
    Opening them as I get them gives minimal advancement.
    Opening them when I need a specific 4* as a bonus hero has paid off numerous times.

It also saves me from having to use more valuable resources to get them.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    This is why I hoard heroic tokens.
    Opening them as I get them gives minimal advancement.
    Opening them when I need a specific 4* as a bonus hero has paid off numerous times.

It also saves me from having to use more valuable resources to get them.
    This is solid advice.  4*s drop at something like 6.25% from heroics.  And 5% of those will give a bonus cover.  That's only 1 bonus 4* every 300 tokens or so.  But every little bit helps, and heroics pile up quickly if you hoard.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    It's closer to 1 in 70 for a 4* bonus from heroics.
    The 5% bonus can't hit on 2*s so from 20 draws you get about four 3*s and one 4*.
    So when you do hit the bonus it's about a 25% chance it will be on a 4*.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    Pongie said:
    Storm will probably actually enter tokens on Monday.

I'd start there (Latests) and hope for the best.  I've gotten a fair number of bonus heroes lately.
    I guess it would be Monday for people living in the past, yeah.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Direct purchase for 120 cp
    I’ll be purchasing 1 red cover myself, so annoying though as I placed top 20 in SCL9 getting me 2 covers, I already had 5 green though so I’m still 2 short at the moment. I’ll get 1 purple from progression tomorrow but I’ll still need one more cover 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don’t bother
    Don’t bother, it’s one cover for a **** 4*. If it happens it happens but don’t chuck resources or reschedule when you pull to get one cover for a four star you will rarely ever use.

Step away from this new ST training cycle and put the bonus hero on 4* that are actually going to be useful. The rest will drop in time.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Don’t bother
    Don't bother.
    Ronin is a good character, but not so good as many others. Do You really want to chase a 10th cover in order to get 1 Black Cat cover too? You will have another character that in 2 weeks will be substituted by another shining character, so the chase will become an Infinity Pursuit  :D

Simply doesn't worth my time, money and efforts, Done for 4 years, but not anymore.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don’t bother
    I like Ronin a lot but the things that add up for me are a.) I would rather chase Sabretooth, b.) Black Cat brings nothing new to the table, c.) Ignoring this ST means I don't have to level up Kingpin! and d.) I don't feel like jumping through the Devs hoops.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the answer clearly lies where he is covered for you.  I had him at 3/3/5 after Meet RNG rewards, which is one more than the minimum (and now have the saved progression cover from current PVE).

Given how often BH's drop (which seems totally rando to me), it _might_ be cheaper to just flat out buy the missing cover with 120cp.  If you are a Latest puller, that's less than 5 pulls.  For classic, it's 6.  Do you get a BH within 6 covers?  I'm currently on a run of 44 pulls without a BH.  Depending on how you want to justify it, if that 120 cp gets you the cover than leads to the Black Cat cover, you're essentially buying two covers for 60cp each.

But either way, you're just rolling the dice or playing cost vs benefit games.
  • Pongie
    Don’t bother
    I didn’t so I don’t have to worry about it now. If anyone was curious, I was going to wait and see if storm enter latest and then pull to get a cover for essentials and see if ronin dropped. If he didn’t, I probably would have kept pulling latest, all 3 are undercovered anyway. If storm did not enter, then I probably purchase it for 120cp. Technically it’s 2x 4*s for that price so 60cp each. You earn more in a week anyway. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:

Also note I recently gotten 2x bonus heroes a couple of days ago from random tokens but I lacked the foresight and had it set to Mordo (need like 15 to finish Dr Strange). Could be many pulls before another bonus hero drop.
    Storm enters packs on Monday and shield training ends a couple days after that so you can wait.

best bet to get the last couple of covers for Hawkeye is to wait till Monday only have him as your bonus hero 4* and pull away.  You should be able to get Storm for PVE as well as enough covers for shield training so you are killing 2 birds with one stone.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie said:
    I didn’t so I don’t have to worry about it now. If anyone was curious, I was going to wait and see if storm enter latest and then pull to get a cover for essentials and see if ronin dropped. If he didn’t, I probably would have kept pulling latest, all 3 are undercovered anyway. If storm did not enter, then I probably purchase it for 120cp. Technically it’s 2x 4*s for that price so 60cp each. You earn more in a week anyway. 
    Cool! I'm in the same boat as you. Prior pve hit t5 CL8 and moved my Ronin to 9 covers. Only thing that stinks right now is I have a bunch of 4s at 209 due to shield training. I already have Sabretooth at 10 covers and level 175 so that's good.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Buy it from the "Heroes For Hire" store because there's no way D3/Demiurge would pass up a money making opportunity as to have a character that is required for an event, not only that but required to be a certain level, and NOT have that same character available for purchase.  That'd be lunacy.