Favorite Single Node in game?

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
Of all nodes in the game, which is your favorite? From DDQ to any PVE boss node to any special node I'm forgetting, what's your favorite? And why?

My favorite node is the Behemoth Burrito because it forces me to use 3 specific characters so I have to find a way to win with them. And the level I'm at, I can still win with a fully charged 3* and 2* even with a single cover 4*, unless something goes crazy. It's a nice switch-up from the usual.

I guess my second favorite would be a match-up like boss Thanos since it's much more specific strategically to win.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love boss battles, especially those that incorporate strategy. Apocalypse is maybe my current favorite.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really enjoyed the boss node on the support circuit. It gives a good chance to see what some toons are capable of in 1 on 1. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    I really enjoyed the boss node on the support circuit. It gives a good chance to see what some toons are capable of in 1 on 1. 
    RIP Support Circuit.  

I too found it fun.

I'd really like to try Boss Rush again with the new meta.  At the time, it was crazy difficult.  Now I'm wondering if it might be fun trying to steamroll your way through those three differently-tooled bosses with cumulative AP gain!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It's moreso the node types for me than it is any particular node. Generally I tend to prefer the "hard" nodes in PVE. 

Trivial nodes - Even when I choose not to Thanos them away, these matches rarely last past a few swipes. Not much fun to be had here. 

Essential/Teamup nodes - These are 100% dependent on who the required character is, and who they are fighting. Generally who they're fighting is what I use to determine the team that I'm going to place around a character, and that in turn determines how much fun I have. No one enjoys dragging a poorly covered 4-star or 5-star into an essential node, and hoping the other 2 characters can pick up enough slack. It's also not fun to have the character champed, but they don't really offer any particular skills/powers that help you win the match easier/quicker. It's of course amazing when they happen to choose a character who is just right for certain opponents, but more often than not I consider the essential nodes a drag because they force me to use a character that slows me down. For the teamup nodes my 3* or 4* are generally ringers, but you get the occasional one where your essential characters are all support fighters that have to chip away slowly. I don't remember who the characters were, but I remember a time during Honor Among Thieves where the teamup node took me like 5 minutes because the essential characters were THAT useless against Mindless Ones. 

"Hard" nodes - My favorite really by default, because you get to choose your own team of 3 characters and your opponents aren't all dead after you fire a couple powers. In fact, I'd much prefer these being the nodes that scale to Lv. 515 in CL9, and the 5E being the one that goes up to 400 or so. I prefer them being all or mostly tile movers - when these nodes are all goons, characters like Strange, Cage, Star-Lord, and America make dealing with them several degrees less challenging. I enjoy planning around a particular synergy on the enemy team, like the Venom Bomb node on the last 2 days where Carnage passively gives you attack tiles, which also passively makes Venom's green cheaper, and they are both fed red & green by a symbiote. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think my favorite single node might be the Deadpool wave node in Growth Industries.  It has a high degree of difficulty, but you only need to beat it once for the progression rewards.  There's also multiple viable strategies, at least at my roster-based scaling level.

For the more commonly-run events, probably either the Ultron boss fight (for the puzzle) or the triple Kishu nodes in Enemy of the State (just because I have a champion Quake now and can taunt them after several brutally-frustrating times against them previously).

As for my least favorite nodes, that's easy too: any wave side nodes in any boss event (these are the only wave nodes in MPQ which don't reward event tokens, CP, 4* covers or some combination thereof).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My single favourite node is the Devil Dino Required node in The Hunt. There's no time crunch, so I actually read the (fairly amusing) dialogue, and then I can fool around and try to make sure that Venom, specifically, gets finished off by either a Bite or a Chomp, to go along with Hawkeye's comment in response to Venom going on about eating people.
    More generally, I like the boss nodes and such that require some sort of different play. Kaecilius and Apocalypse are probably my faves in that category.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember enjoying the old 4 wave version of the Big Enchilada back when I was building my roster.  It really felt like an achievement to complete it with a set of three 2* characters.  The structure of going goons/tile movers/goons/tile movers added a bit of strategy and let you punch a bit above your weight.

I usually went for the team of Storm, Thor, and Magneto, who could almost go infinite turn by the end of the match.  Collecting 30 green AP and casting Lightning Storm would collect half the board as AP, which you could feed into Thor's yellow and Magneto's red to help get you back up to 30 green again.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:

I remember enjoying the old 4 wave version of the Big Enchilada back when I was building my roster.  It really felt like an achievement to complete it with a set of three 2* characters.  The structure of going goons/tile movers/goons/tile movers added a bit of strategy and let you punch a bit above your weight.

I usually went for the team of Storm, Thor, and Magneto, who could almost go infinite turn by the end of the match.  Collecting 30 green AP and casting Lightning Storm would collect half the board as AP, which you could feed into Thor's yellow and Magneto's red to help get you back up to 30 green again.

I always used to use Iron Fist, Black Panther and 3* Bullseye. I liked it when you got Contract Killer to activate and spam the board with strike tiles. I always tried to one-shot the last wave with BP's black :smile:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

Thormneto was the team that carried me through 2* land. They're still my fave to pull out for DDQ when I have all three of them champed at the same time.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any Boss node that is designed to be beaten with puzzling, rather than brute force (Kaecillius, Apocalypse, etc...)

The ones that had environment tiles instead of team-up tiles (Winfinite green!)

Most of the Gauntlet's nodes, as they were combos of opponents you never see elsewhere.