Rage Quit just cost me Nick Fury.

Options
So due to the overall suckiness of the game and alliance burnout, one of my members just rage quit 2 days before season one ends (again). Which dropped us from around #80 to #118.

meme3162874940_zpsm7xizco7.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So, uhh .. just add a new member?

Will his/her point total count towards the season?
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It will. Plenty of people want to be added right now to get Fury too so you should have no issues.
  • Unknown
    Options
    zaymac wrote:
    So due to the overall suckiness of the game

If the game sucks, why do you care?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    zaymac wrote:
    So due to the overall suckiness of the game

If the game sucks, why do you care?

I don't really. I was only sticking around until the end of season one. I just think it's kinda lame to just leave alliance right before an event ends. That's why I chose to stick it out despite PVP being extremely unfun at the moment. But hey, I guess he had his reasons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So you are saying people are still looking to join alliances this late in the season? Hmmm....private message me if you have over 10,000 season one points and are interested in joining an alliance already at 102. We were higher, but we likewise had another member who left (or was sandboxed) after the lazy daken pve.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So you are saying people are still looking to join alliances this late in the season? Hmmm....private message me if you have over 10,000 season one points and are interested in joining an alliance already at 102. We were higher, but we likewise had another member who left (or was sandboxed) after the lazy daken pve.

Psst. There's a whole subforum with people looking for alliances.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Psst. There's a whole subforum with people looking for alliances.

Pssst. I might post there as well, just thought there was a certain symmetry to writing it here in the aftermath of the Furyous storm that has so many member agitated. We are not actively looking for another member, we'll be back in top 100 later today.
  • Unknown
    Options
    **** that sucks. I hope the best for you, but I guess you should count your blessings. If season wasn't extended you may have lost your Top 100 in the last hours of the season (though I hope that member has enough class to stick around for an extra day for the 19 others in the alliance)
  • Unknown
    Options
    No. Just no. That person contributed to your alliance by doing whatever they were doing for previous events, they have zero responsibility to stick around for your benefit if they really feel they need to leave the game. It's kind of disturbing to see this fun little robust game turn into an obligation to complete strangers. And I mean, this is going to happen more often than not. I'm almost shocked that you're shocked about it.

People keep trying to reassert the priorities in this game based on changes D3 has made. The blame is not solely on them. Gamers are supposed to be independent thinkers! We're the ones who will save the day when the zombie apocalypse comes! If some alliance members work together all on the same wavelength then that's great. But quit trying to tell yourself and others that we need to have certain priorities other than having fun on a nifty little game. I'm starting to see more pressure here then there were in my raid groups on WOW, geez.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Viorala wrote:
    No. Just no. That person contributed to your alliance by doing whatever they were doing for previous events, they have zero responsibility to stick around for your benefit if they really feel they need to leave the game. It's kind of disturbing to see this fun little robust game turn into an obligation to complete strangers. And I mean, this is going to happen more often than not. I'm almost shocked that you're shocked about it.

People keep trying to reassert the priorities in this game based on changes D3 has made. The blame is not solely on them. Gamers are supposed to be independent thinkers! We're the ones who will save the day when the zombie apocalypse comes! If some alliance members work together all on the same wavelength then that's great. But quit trying to tell yourself and others that we need to have certain priorities other than having fun on a nifty little game. I'm starting to see more pressure here then there were in my raid groups on WOW, geez.

If worldwarZ (book....not movie...bro downloaded it and gave it to me..still haven't brought myself to watching it...but I assume they gloss over a lot of stuff at best) is any indication I really hope we find a blind samurai on our journey. Our ability to stay up long hours and sleep very little surely will be a benefit and our timid distrust of others will put us on naturally high alert. Also, our microwave burrito farts might confuse the zombies to think we are a pile of zombie flesh and garbage as oppose to a delicious meat sack. Then again, pretty sure the zombies are going to find the ppl raging on Xbox live or using thier phone as a discus
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    First world problems amirite?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Viorala wrote:

If they were quitting the game, they didn't have to quit the alliance. I'd never say someone is obligated to stay and play, but it doesn't cost you anything to stay guilded and let the team kick you after the season or when they find a replacement. It's definitely a tinykitty move.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Viorala wrote:

If they were quitting the game, they didn't have to quit the alliance. I'd never say someone is obligated to stay and play, but it doesn't cost you anything to stay guilded and let the team kick you after the season or when they find a replacement. It's definitely a tinykitty move.
    so you'd rather they stay and then drag you down in all future events? well I guess they could be kicked at that point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not saying you should disappear without saying anything if you're a commander, but it doesn't cost you anything to give people a heads up and let them kick you when they don't need your points anymore.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Viorala wrote:

People quit however they need to. Granted rage quitting is a recipe for regret but who am I to judge. Sometimes people need that final push of rage to break all the ties when they feel tethered to a game they no longer enjoy. It's not for us to say, that's my point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Viorala wrote:

People quit however they need to. Granted rage quitting is a recipe for regret but who am I to judge. Sometimes people need that final push of rage to break all the ties when they feel tethered to a game they no longer enjoy. It's not for us to say, that's my point.

Because of the alliance ramifications, though, I think that there should be some restrictions on players joining/leaving in the last 24 hours or so of a long event. Otherwise, there's so much potential for griefing...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Viorala wrote:

Ah, but it is for me to say. If you do that, you're a fill-in-filtered-explicative-of-choice-here. It's certainly not the greatest wrong done in the world, but if everyone in your alliance hasn't wronged you somehow, then it's pathetically petty.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's certainly anyone's right to quit anytime they want to. But I think he was frustrated that some other members were getting burnt out and going as hard as he felt they should. But instead of just taking the last event off and letting the chips fall, he just rage quit and gave one big tinykitty finger by leaving. It just seems wrong to make your alliance scramble for points by finding a new member in the last 48hrs of a month long event. But Whatevs. It's only Nick Fury.
  • Unknown
    Options
    zaymac wrote:
    It's certainly anyone's right to quit anytime they want to. But I think he was frustrated that some other members were getting burnt out and going as hard as he felt they should. But instead of just taking the last event off and letting the chips fall, he just rage quit and gave one big tinykitty finger by leaving. It just seems wrong to make your alliance scramble for points by finding a new member in the last 48hrs of a month long event. But Whatevs. It's only Nick Fury.

Ok, so you're saying he pulled a **** move specifically constructed for maximum pissed offiness on purpose? That's different than telling people how to conduct their gaming business. Carry on.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    zaymac wrote:
    But Whatevs. It's only Nick Fury.

Exactly... Somehow, life will go on.