Freeze on Loop Prevention System popup

Options
I had encountered this issue before the update, but this has happened to two people in my coalition so far for this event.
When the message pops up warning you about the LPS, the match freezes and cannot hit the “GOT IT!” button. 

We we all know about the LPS by this point in time, can the message that pops up be disabled to stop these freezes?
Or perhaps put a fix in for the issue.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not recently, but Brigby seemed to be under the impression that the LPS tutorial was only supposed to be showed once to each player and when we described that the tutorial appeared again and again, he seemed very puzzled, but I do not recall him getting back with an answer.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve not had the tutorial pop up since the ‘fix’ - the bar shows but not the screen that kept freezing the game.

seems odd that some people are still experiencing it 
  • play49er
    play49er Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This just happened to me, so today's maintenance has not fixed it.
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I encountered this issue today as well in the Emergency Ordinances event on the black node.

Having experienced many games in which the LPS (and the corresponding tutorial popup) triggers with few if any of those games producing freezes, these were a few factors (which may or may not represent explanatory aspects of the freeze) that differed both prior to and during the game in question compared to most or all of the other games in which I've encountered the LPS:

1.  Immediately prior to the game, I had signed out of my FB-linked account and then logged back in.

2.  Upon logging in, several of my settings had changed (which I didn't recognize until after the game).  Normally I play with these settings:

-Chat Overlay unchecked (off)
    -Power Saving checked (on)
    -Card Visual Aid either on Step-by-Step or Off (I prefer Off, but this setting does not seem to save correctly from one game to the next, so I frequently have to change it when the description and/or behavior revert to Step-by-Step between games even while Off is checked)

and after logging in again, these settings were active instead during the game in which I encountered the freeze:

-Chat Overlay checked (on)
    -Power Saving unchecked (off)
    -Card Visual Aid on Auto

3.  At the beginning of the game, a Card Visual Aid tutorial popup appeared (which did not at the time result in a freeze or any other impediment to normal gameplay after dismissing it).  This was the first time in as long as I can remember that I have seen that popup arise during a game, and it would not have been present during most of the other games I've played in which the LPS tutorial popup arose.

4.  A teammate mentioned the possibility that supports during the game may have been a factor.  As I could not access the battle log once the freeze occurred, I don't recall precisely what cards the AI had played, but my deck contained Gonti's Aether Heart, which is a card I rarely use in general, and I had cast several copies by the time the freeze occurred.  I had no other supports and no cards which were capable of stealing the AI's supports in my deck, and I had completed 5 games on that node with the same deck before encountering the freeze, so I believe it is unlikely this would be the sole cause cause of the freeze, but perhaps it could have been one of multiple elements involved.
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    This is still happening to me. 
    Stuck right now on 3.2 of the coalition event and can't get past the LCS popup warning....
     :s 
    Super frustrating.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    Options
    HOW ABOUT YOU TINY KITTY FIX YOUR GAME SO THERE ISNT ANY LOOPING. YOU ARE EASILY ONE OF THE WORSE DEVELOPERS OF AN APP EVER. HOW YOU KEEP THE MTG IP ILL NEVER KNOW.
    OKTAGON YOU HAVE RUINED HIS APP.

THIS RAGE MAIL IS BASED ON NODES OF POWER HAVING 6 OUT OF 8 GAMES PLAYED HAVE LOOP SYSTEM COME UP. THIS IS NODES..... THIS IS PRE LOOP GARBAGE.....SICK OF THAT STUPID MAGE LOOP...

AT LEAST THE PREVIOUS DEVELOPER HAD THE BALLS TO ADDRESS ISSUES LIKE BARAL....EVEN IF IT ANGERED PLAYERS BUT IT WAS FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME...YOUR ZERO ACTIONS SHOWS YOUR HERE FOR THE MONEY AND NOTHING ELSR....

THIS IS WHY THE VIP TRASH IS HERE......MONEY MONEY MONEY

ADMIN FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS....COS YOU KNOW IM RIGHT.....KEEP HISING BEHIND YOUR ZERO ACTIONS...... IVE BEEN HERE SINCE THIS GAMES RELEASE AND ITS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD
    ....EVER!
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I had two freezes on Azor's Gateway during this event because of this issue, causing my coalition 40 points...
    Is there any way to turn off this "help" notification that comes up??? The system has been in place for quite some time, and I don't need to see this warning every single time.. How can I turn it off to stop these freezes?