Using Kitty/Grocket/Bishop in pvp shield simulator

Stussi
Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
Hi all,

If i want to keep Kitty/Grocket/Bishop as defensive team, I should never use other 5* championed chars in my team, isn't it?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking for your situation, I think it's a yes. If you use 2 5* + 4*, this will become your new defensive team when you are floating.
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Generally speaking for your situation, I think it's a yes. If you use 2 5* + 4*, this will become your new defensive team when you are floating.
    Ok but what happens if I change my team during the days of the simulator? For example I start playing using Kitty/Grocket/Bishop, then for a couple of fights I use Thor 5*, Okoye, JJ then I play again with Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Which one will be my defensive team at the end?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stussi said:
    Ok but what happens if I change my team during the days of the simulator? For example I start playing using Kitty/Grocket/Bishop, then for a couple of fights I use Thor 5*, Okoye, JJ then I play again with Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Which one will be my defensive team at the end?
    Once you used 3 champed 5s, that's it, you can't go back to Kitty.

There IS some grilling manipulation of MMR possible, but there's no way to make your Kitty team show again on defense.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally I climb with Thor Okoye and 4* Deadpool or America Chavez  then for the final push flip to Gritty/Bishop. After I hit 2000, I rarely see any hits coming in, so I'm assuming they are the team on defense. Not sure if this is influenced by having Grocket about level 350 though. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don't contribute to the problem of finding only Gritty+Bishops out.  That does nothing to help the game.

On the other hand, the more people that float with Troll-ship, (maybe) the more likely they nerf him to a proper balance.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I know that mine shows because whenever I don’t leave it out and I’m over 2k I get drained back to 1.6 or lower.

I have a maxed Grocket and my Kitty is 465 which prob helps.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Stussi said:

There IS some grilling manipulation of MMR possible, but there's no way to make your Kitty team show again on defense.
    I think you can depending on levels...i usually start with 550 dd, thor, 547 bb and then switch to 466 kitty, 370 grocket, 300 bishop and im pretty sure my defense team was gritty bishop
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Stussi said:

I'm not sure that's true. Every season when I hit 2000, I leave my party and they'll usually sink to about 1400.
    Last two seasons I'd do the final hit as Kitty/Grocket/Bishop and I stayed at 1900. Barely if ever get hit.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I get round it by climbing with okoye thor and xpool and then leaving out bishop and co. I know that team stays out because I’ve gone up to 2 weeks at 1500 without a tap.

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    To all the people frustrated with gritty bishop... 
    try BSSM, Vulture, bishop as the counter.... eats a health pack normally, but wins at the top.

i know there are other counters for gritty-B
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to push to 2000 in the season sim, I ran into (as many have) an absolute brick wall of Gritty-Bishop at 1800 - even 3,000 ISO worth of skip tax didn't net me any other options. My Bishop isn't usable yet, so I had to think outside the box.
    I experimented with a counter that worked pretty well for low (less than 290) level Bishops, though it was dicey. 
    Grockett
    Kitty (mine is 325, 2/5/2 - no other usable 5*)
    Gamora

I boosted +2 all AP, +2 blue/purple. The first match I made against Bishop, trying for just a match-3 in blue, praying for no cascades. Assuming I got lucky, that gave me the blue AP to stun Bishop with Gamora without losing a character from a cascade-fueled Overclocked. If I was extra lucky, (which happened about half the time), the extra 1 turn stun landed on Kitty, letting me pound on Bishop for an extra turn with impunity, clearing out strikes in the process. Once Bishop was down I could handle the rest with this team. This combo let me hit 2000 in sim (2003, even!), before being smacked down to 1600 or so within a few hours. This season was definitely the hardest climb to 2000 I've ever experienced.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought as long as your last win was with your Grittshop team, they would stick on defense, except for people retaliating against your wins with other teams.

And my Rogue+Vulture+Gamora team is a pretty darn effective counter. The last two seasons, I've had to use that to get the last ~200 points to 2k. You use healthpacks, and those teams have a pretty easy retal against you, but it works really well.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh.  Ever since Bishop, I went the 75 wins route.  I had it within 2 days with Thorkoye/Sabretooth (undiscovered at 152).  Few health packs needed and Gritty no problem.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Meh.  Ever since Bishop, I went the 75 wins route.  I had it within 2 days with Thorkoye/Sabretooth (undiscovered at 152).  Few health packs needed and Gritty no problem.
    I went 75 as well in the 3rd4th day.  It was actually easier and faster, because i could crack mmr into small rosters and roll through  with simpler matches.  Finished around 1500, got my Sabertooth cover and went back to use Sabertooth for the rest of seasons ovp.  Will do my final climb based on if those shield sim points actually change my season ranking.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to add to the problem. In 5* land I don’t usually see a TON of Gritshop teams in Sim and can usually find something else with a few skips. 

Okoye/Deadpool/Sabretooth was able to easily handle any 5* team. I purposely skipped all teams that had Bishop though as I just don’t need the headache. After 2K I put Gritshop on defense. It’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really need to start skipping, spending iso to skip and so forth.  So many gritshop teams, and it's mainly luck, running against them.  It's so dependant on where your tiles and their tiles are.

Gotta go for 75.... 2000 pts just isn't fathomable for me.