Please apply covers to dupes before max champs

Options
y4747
y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
So most veteran players have dupes - usually a max-champ character and another on it's way there, sometimes with less than 13 covers.

As is, for some reason, when i get an extra cover for that character and want to apply it to the uncovered dupe (because why would i want to use it to change powers on a max champ?), the game claims ambiguity and i need to open the roster screen, go find the dupe, open it, and apply the cover from there.

Could you please alter the priority, such that instead of
champ level > (redistribute powers on a max champ=train undercovered dupe)>recruit
it'd be
champ level > train undercovered dupe > recruit ?
there's no reason for power redistribution on a max champ to be an option at all, really.

Comments

• areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes this is annoying as hell. Especially when the game “knows” that it’s for the uncovered dupe (as usually the button next to the cover says “Train” instead of “Add Level” or “Save”). But when you click it, it asks you to redistribute powers on your champ. Why?? It’s yet another little MPQ paper cut.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get to re-use this post again for the 3rd4th5th6th7th8th time:
    I'm not going to type it all out again, so go here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/819667#Comment_819667 for a full write-up on what's happening with the champion covers trying to switch powers and why it happens.
    If this keeps coming up in the forums often enough that I get to re-post the reasons behind the poor algorithm that causes it, maybe it's getting pervasive enough to address and fix...
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    don't be silly, it's only been... years since this issue came up?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    100% agree this should not happen and it is very annoying.
  • jamauss
    jamauss Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This has been an annoyance for a really long time. I don't get why they can't be bothered to fix it. What do they only have like 1 "part time" dev for the game now?