Buying JJ is an easy call this time, right?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
After the "waking demons" tokens, my JJ is at 3/9/3.

So buying a red seems like a pretty good idea for me. 

Then I could do a 3:1 swap to champ her.  Or I could keep her under leveled at 5/5/3 or 4/5/4 so that okoye will keep tanking for her. 

I already have thorkoye, thanos, strange, and DD champed, so she wouldn't exactly be a mainstay.  But she could join DD as a regular member of my pvp SIM team, and okoye + JJ is probably a better defensive option than thorkoye.

So:

(1) I should buy the red cover for sure, right?

Then:

(2) should I champ her, or leave her under leveled?

Edit: my Chavez is at 282, so it will be quite some time before I can get a another feeder cover.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    JJ is pretty good but HFH is generally a pretty poor value unless you're desperate.  JJ was recently in a store so no clue when she'll enter again. 

Remember that America Chavez is a feeder for her so you might be close to covers from that.  I would not recommend the 3 for 1 swap, better to have patience and get more champ levels later.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d do it if I had it. Mine is 4/3/4 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would totally do it and not look back.  Patience is nice and all, but how long will it take you to champ her vs actually being able to use her now?  I had a similar dilemma with Okoye and don't regret trading the covers at all to get an Okoye that was usable.  JJ is in that realm, at least for me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    JJ is good enough to not regret it.  She's still in the top 5-7 5's.

There are so many that you'd never do it for......

Also, the HFH offer timeframe is so long now you should probably grab it when it's a color you need.
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2019
    I would totally do it and not look back.  Patience is nice and all, but how long will it take you to champ her vs actually being able to use her now?  I had a similar dilemma with Okoye and don't regret trading the covers at all to get an Okoye that was usable.  JJ is in that realm, at least for me.
    Yeah, the marginal value of adding okoye, kitty, or Thor (and maybe thanos too) to your roster right now is massive.  So spending cp liberally, and even sacrificing some champ levels makes sense.

But JJ is just a little bit behind.  She isn't meta, but is  near the top of most 'everyone else' lists (along with DD). 

So on the one hand, it's a heavy price to pay for someone I won't use every day.  On the other hand, she is is well placed to become a key character if the meta is nerfed, while still having some real value right now.

That seems like a worthy use of resources to me.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:

Mine is 7/1/9.

I'll trade you a red and a blue for 2 of your purples?
  • Vhailorx
    abmoraz said:
    Vhailorx said:

Mine is 7/1/9.

I'll trade you a red and a blue for 2 of your purples?
    I would happily swap two black covers for the colors I need.  It's even wrote since CS swaps were around when JJ released, but had been canceled by the time I got my duplicate black covers.

Sigh.  It's now what, 15 months later and I could finally champ her for the mere cost of burning 2 black covers and 250cp. What fun mpq can be!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Yeah, the marginal value of adding okoye, kitty, or Thor (and maybe thanos too) to your roster right now is massive.  So spending cp liberally, and even sacrificing some champ levels makes sense.

But JJ is just a little bit behind.  She isn't meta, but is  near the top of most 'everyone else' lists (along with DD). 

So on the one hand, it's a heavy price to pay for someone I won't use every day.  On the other hand, she is is well placed to become a key character if the meta is nerfed, while still having some real value right now.

That seems like a worthy use of resources to me.
    If I try to make a top 5, I got Thor / Okoye / Kitty...  and then its probably JJ and DD right after (this is PVP only).

Not meta but so close to it she might as well be in my eyes.

Do it, convert, 3 champ level is really really not a big deal as some people say it is. Those are people with like 20 5*'s champ at high levels that say this kind of stuff.

Waiting months and months vs having a good usable champ right now is an easy choice especially with top tier 5*'s.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with most people above - 250 CP is worth it.  That's 10/12 draws, on average 1.5 5*s (and of course the remainder 4* levels.)  In the long run, that's not a lot of draws, so getting a cover you need is absolutely worth it at the 250 CP cost (500 not so much.)

JJ is a good character - there's nothing wrong with her, per se, she just doesn't self-accelerate like the "Meta" 5*s.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    She kind of does self accelerate: Her traps generate 3 AP in your strongest color when you can find them.