NOTICE: PVP Shield Order has been reversed

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Title says it all.  They, for whatever reason, reversed the order of shield length from longest to shortest instead of the way it's been forever (shortest to longest).  

Comments

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!??!?!? What was the point of this... I’m sure this is gonna cause a lot of folks to spend extra HP for no reason.. smh
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Umm thanks for confirming that, I'm filing a ticket with cs.  I was under 3hrs left in Deadpool PVP, why would I need a 24hr shield  :angry:
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are they still color coded? All 3 icons even look different if your colorblind and can't read.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Are they still color coded? All 3 icons even look different if your colorblind and can't read.
    For me it's more about muscle memory.  I'm sure I'm going to just launch up and hit the wrong one.  At the very least it is going to make me pause for a half a second to confirm the correct button in my mind, which is another second that I risk being hit during climbs.

It's kinda like the facepalm I do when I boost AP for the DDQ Crash, then head on in to the 2* node without clearing it.  :/
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the swift response Anthony.  Even if unintentional, this change looks pretty bad, as it has no effect on gameplay except inducing people to waste HP on shields that they don't want.  A fix asap would be great.

Alternately, Demi could make good with us players by ending the scourge that is shield cooldowns (e.g., shield quotas would have the same net effect on scoring while also allowing people to game on their own schedules, rather than constructing their lives around 8 hour timers).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The shields seem to be fixed now, back in their proper order.

Thanks for the quick fix!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Umm thanks for confirming that, I'm filing a ticket with cs.  I was under 3hrs left in Deadpool PVP, why would I need a 24hr shield  :angry:
    CS will be able to assist with any users that bought the incorrect Shield due to the temporary swap.  Please give them some time to get to your ticket but they will credit the difference for those users that were affected. 
    Very reasonable, very appropriate.  This is what proactive decision making looks like