Deadpool, Life of the party.

Options
TBK
TBK Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
This may be isolated to Cable only, but I was in a pvp match and obviously if using cable you're going to want to use Plasma Barrage on the first person you get as low as possible to maximise damage, an Iron Fist was 300 hp which is good enough to get optimal damage on the enemy team, now what should of happened is IF takes the 300 damage and then the rest is done to the enemy team however DP life of the party procs and takes the full damage. This shouldn't happen as DP life of the party said he'd take the hit if someone was to take more than 1k damage which IF obviously wouldn't have. This bug's going to be annoying for the duration of Weapon Tex Mex because I'll have to target DP first removing any form of strategy.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure this is working as intended.

Even though IF only has 300 hp left, if Cable's damage is >1000 then Deadpool's passive will proc. In other words it doesn't matter how many hp IF has, it only matters how much damage Cable's power is going to do.

As you noted, you either have to target DP first (that's what his passive is meant to do) or stun him or send him airborne etc.

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, DP triggers on the amount of damage the attack would deal, regardless of whether or not the target has that many hp left or not.
    Also, I'm not sure, but I think the game tracks negative hp to determine how long a Downed Character will take to recover. Pretty sure I've seen a given Character come back to positive hp more quickly when just barely taken out than when completely pasted.