CL10 and 5* release schedule

wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
so as I saw 5* storm being released all I could think about was seriously we just had a 5* go into packs so we only have 3 weeks between 5*.  This upset me because they could have released Sabretooth last week and scince he is a mutant had him loosely be apart of the X-men tie in.  If we are getting another X-men movie tie in in 2 weeks they could have release the 4* first then the 5*.  Either way this was poorly done and poorly communicated.  So rather than just ranting I want to place a suggestion on how CL10 could support a new 5* release schedule since the 4* tier is getting so diluted, but the 5* tier is also getting diluted.

so for CL 10 you can add a new token a 5* token.  It would give a player a guaranteed 5* it would be the the store that you get when you sell a nerfed 5*.
next make a 4* feeder for every 5* character.  Stop the special event for feeders it does not feel special it feels like “it’s about time”

Now for this token in PVE CL10 you could earn one for progression after the bigger CP, and another token for placement in top 20, and 2 tokens for top 5.

for could give a token for 1500 points and another token for top 5.

this simple token and change would allow more players to get more classic 5* so in turn they could release more 5* characters.

part 2 release schedule:

so so by adding CL10 and a 5* token you can increase the release schedule for 5*.  The way to do it is you release a 5*, then in 2 weeks release a 4*.  Now instead of going 2 weeks the devs go 3 weeks and release a 5*.  This would put 5 weeks in between 5* releases, but only have one 4* in between.  You could run this schedule for about 6m then drop the 4* from being released.  They could then release a new 5* every 3 weeks instead of every 2.

By adding the new CL and a new 5 token you will give the players the resources to transition into the 5* tier but also grow in the 5* tier.

devs I am frustrated by your lack of communication and your release schedule and you lack of rebalancing characters.  I am also trying to be constructive in solutions.  Please do better and show us through more communication.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bean counters... 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    someone post the gif, you know which one
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    You already have a classic legends store that cost 25% less. That's 25% more tokens and chances at drawing 5*'s right now. And many people refer to classics as an abyss that the classic characters are forever lost in.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    pull classics, BH who you want to finish of the newer, much cheaper CP wise.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled classics only until my 4* roster was finished. The spread of 5 covers is underwhelming and it took close to two years of BH on Bolt to get him close enough to be covered with Medusa feeding the remainder. 

Since pulling latest the 5s get fully covered or much closer to covered. Not to mention I haven’t seen a BH 5 in so long I can’t remember it. 

I cant imagine trying to champ 5s strictly from classics.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    jp1 said:
    I pulled classics only until my 4* roster was finished. The spread of 5 covers is underwhelming and it took close to two years of BH on Bolt to get him close enough to be covered with Medusa feeding the remainder. 

Since pulling latest the 5s get fully covered or much closer to covered. Not to mention I haven’t seen a BH 5 in so long I can’t remember it. 

Likewise. I saved up a fairly respectable hoard, pulled enough Classics to get most of 4*s fully covered/champed and then hoarded for Latest. Classics are great for preparing to transition to  Latest or if you want to stay in the 4* tier. 
  • tiomono
    jp1 said:

Likewise. I saved up a fairly respectable hoard, pulled enough Classics to get most of 4*s fully covered/champed and then hoarded for Latest. Classics are great for preparing to transition to  Latest or if you want to stay in the 4* tier. 
    Or they get you on the road to maxchamping your 4's and duping them 25% faster. Only pulling latest will actually stall your 5* progress in the long run. Sure you will have many 5* champs but very few will ever see even a quarter of their champ rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    You already have a classic legends store that cost 25% less. That's 25% more tokens and chances at drawing 5*'s right now. And many people refer to classics as an abyss that the classic characters are forever lost in.
    25% more opportunities to get a diluted pool is not efficient.  Also once we get to third point where the Devs are only releasing 5* there will be a need to make it easier to cover 5*.  They need a way for players to fill out the 5* tier and just a 15% odds on RNG is not enough.  Creating CL10 with harder nodes would reward players with a 5* for taking on significantly more challenging nodes.  It would also make it harder on players who are taking a 1 cover 5* into CL9 for the essential.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    With 5* characters in Classics being featured in special stores about once or twice per month recently, it is a decent solution. Your odds are back to ~1:7. The drawback is you have to wait. It's still a better option than:

1) paying 250CP for a cover which rotates every 9 month and the cycle will get longer due to future 5* being added into the mix (credit to bluewolf for correcting)
    2) paying 720CP
    3) waiting for feeders to reach the right level for the right colour (if any)
    4) Bonus Heroes

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    A small correction:  the 5E rotation is not 6 months.  The current cycle started in October and will probably finish around July, so that's about 9 months.  Each cycle is longer and therefore will add a greater number of 5's during its cycle, making the next one longer.  So it will be almost a year for the next cycle, then over a year for the one after that.  And so it goes.

The 5E HFH is really no solution at this point unless you happen to need the specific color or are planning to wait around for a year or two, or 3, to finish someone.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Maybe in cl10 we could get a classic token as a progression reward in pve. Maybe the one before 30cp but make the score to reach them slightly higher
  • tiomono
    wymtime said:
    tiomono said:
    25% more opportunities to get a diluted pool is not efficient.  Also once we get to third point where the Devs are only releasing 5* there will be a need to make it easier to cover 5*.  They need a way for players to fill out the 5* tier and just a 15% odds on RNG is not enough.  Creating CL10 with harder nodes would reward players with a 5* for taking on significantly more challenging nodes.  It would also make it harder on players who are taking a 1 cover 5* into CL9 for the essential.
    To me it's not "efficient" to only ever pull from 10% of a tier. Especially when all of the meta characters are in the other 90%.
  • tiomono
    edited June 2019
    I just dont see cl 10 giving top placement a guaranteed 5* let alone the 3? that you are suggesting. That seems like way too big of a reward leap from cl 9. You are even suggesting a guaranteed 2 5*'s for top 20.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    They better do something about the odds if they really do start fastracking 5s. I've already been super frustrated with my pulls since Cable and it's really starting to eat away at my continued interest.

Bad RNG on the only gainful aspect of the game when being a 5* player is not good. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Malcrof said:
    Except what if you don't want to spend resources getting Wasp, Banner, or even mid tier 5* you don't want?  For a collector this isn't an issue but for someone wanting to gain access to only the useful 5* or specific 5*, classics isn't the best route with dilution now hitting 5* tier like it has 4* tier.  The difference of course is dilution in 5* tier is even more of an issue than 4* because the resources to get 5* covers is much more scarce than 4* covers. As said before bonus hero is nice but not a reliable source for getting 5* covers.  I think I have maybe received 3 or 4 5* bonus covers ever and I have opened a lot of tokens.  
  • tiomono
    Warbringa said:
    Malcrof said:
    Except what if you don't want to spend resources getting Wasp, Banner, or even mid tier 5* you don't want?  For a collector this isn't an issue but for someone wanting to gain access to only the useful 5* or specific 5*, classics isn't the best route with dilution now hitting 5* tier like it has 4* tier.  The difference of course is dilution in 5* tier is even more of an issue than 4* because the resources to get 5* covers is much more scarce than 4* covers. As said before bonus hero is nice but not a reliable source for getting 5* covers.  I think I have maybe received 3 or 4 5* bonus covers ever and I have opened a lot of tokens.  
    I remember when standard tokens had a chance of giving 4* characters. Someone reminded me I have a chance to get 4*'s from them, and I laughed because they were so rare. I feel like bonus 5*'s are the same. Sure it can happen but you cannot really rely on it to build a character.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

The main problem I see with the proposals in the original post is that they are only focused on ways that existing 5* players can acquire more 5* characters.

As things stand at the moment transitioning players and 5* players have the same options open to them for acquiring 5* covers.  If these methods become less effective (e.g. due to characters spending less time in the latest legends store) and the new acquisition methods introduced to balance are out of reach to transitioning players, then it simply increases the inequality.