4544545 (Release Schedule)

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe SCL10 has existed all along but you need all six Infinity Stone Supports to see it?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe SCL10 has existed all along but you need all six Infinity Stone Supports to see it?
    I know at least one player who has all 6 (albeit 5 of them are only rank 2 and the other is rank 4).

Maybe they could chime in and tell us if that's true.

KGB
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker

1) some players expecting to champ every single 5* before they leave LT.

Well, we sure don't have a prayer in heck of doing so after they leave.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards

1) some players expecting to champ every single 5* before they leave LT.

Well, we sure don't have a prayer in heck of doing so after they leave.
    I have champed 5 of my 7 5*s from classics. I have lumbercap at 12, 4 more at 11 covers, 5 at 10 covers. Every 5* I pull is progress without the fear of thinking I will never get them covered. I get 25% more pulls which is worth a bit of dillution in my book.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. If the players are satisfied with the effort: rewards required, Support Circuit won't be pulled off in the first place. It might be they were expecting more rewards for that amount of effort required. Again, the devs should have put Supports in standard PvE progression rewards in the first place so that they don't have to create Support Circuit.

2. The number of clears was increased from 4 to 5 in PvEs because the devs increased the rewards in PvE, which was the reason given by them. Back then, some players were not happy with it, and some are still not happy with it even now. I think this is a pretty solid proof about wanting more rewards without increase in effort.

3. Hyperbole like the above about not being able to champ 5* after they leave Latest. It's not that the players can't champ them after they leave latest, it's just that it will take a longer time to champ them.

Anyway, why not wait until the end of the year to see whether they are really moving to more frequent 5*, compared to the last one or two years? If they are, it could be their way of justifying more feeders for 5*. Let's not forget that it's a fact that the devs are facing certain limitations set by the bean counters or upper management.
  • DAZ0273
    1. If the players are satisfied with the effort: rewards required, Support Circuit won't be pulled off in the first place. It might be they were expecting more rewards for that amount of effort required. Again, the devs should have put Supports in standard PvE progression rewards in the first place so that they don't have to create Support Circuit.

2. The number of clears was increased from 4 to 5 in PvEs because the devs increased the rewards in PvE, which was the reason given by them. Back then, some players were not happy with it, and some are still not happy with it even now. I think this is a pretty solid proof about wanting more rewards without increase in effort.

3. Hyperbole like the above about not being able to champ 5* after they leave Latest. It's not that the players can't champ them after they leave latest, it's just that it will take a longer time to champ them.

Anyway, why not wait until the end of the year to see whether they are really moving to more frequent 5*, compared to the last one or two years? If they are, it could be their way of justifying more feeders for 5*. Let's not forget that it's a fact that the devs are facing certain limitations set by the bean counters or upper management.
    1. Perhaps if Support Circuit hadn't been a 24 hour race that overlapped with PvE on a Monday and the start of a working week? Support Circuit had ahem, supporters, especially for the Big Pin nodes but whoever scheduled it was a bit of a masochist.

2. I remember when that happened and by all means one of the older guys can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Dev's had been experimenting with PvE for a few months and these changes were on their end, not player generated. So why would players be happy about format changes they didn't ask for? In fact I seem to remember it was about a 50/50 split with as many players fine with it as they ALREADY did the extra clear but others happy with what they already had. You should really rephrase this comment to remove the strange bias contained in it suggesting that the playerbase wasn't also equally in favour (especially the more hardcore players who were doing no more work for extra stuff!) of the change - instead you are framing it in a completely negative slant which does not reflect the reality of what occured.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Support Circuit only gave actual Support tokens to the top 3 placement people, remember.  The 240 item vault meant you were playing for vault tokens which had a decent chance of giving you no Support draws.

The issue with the 5th clear requirement was that the top prize - the bigger CP chunk - was now moved back further and required more points.  No one was necessarily asking for that, maybe they could have broken up the CP more or something.  It definitely got a lot of complaints from the many progression-only players.  Those players are probably not the ones who are looking for SCL10, exactly.  Another issue, I think, is that the increase in CP wasn't that large exactly.....I think like 7 more per event or something.

Players are probably more accepting of changes that feel substantial to them.  Making increased effort with small upticks in rewards are not often popular changes.   Edit: Which is why I continue to believe that if SCL10 were implemented, it would be massively disappointing as the rewards we get would almost certainly be fraction of the players' imagined rewards.

If you want covers for specific 5 (ex:  Cable), your odds in Latest or a special store (new release or popup) are 5% vs 0.47% in Classics.  So you have over 10X the odds.  Is it impossible to cover them?  No, but that's about 4,480 CP per cover with 32 5's in the store; my guesstimate for CP gain is approximately 212 a week from SCL9 full progression (PVE and PVP); add in champ gains depending on your roster's age/development and some meager CP from placement and maybe you get to 350?  So it's 12 weeks of really high end play to make that many pulls from Classics to maybe get one of everyone, except during that time 2-3 5's will be added and you'll need even more.
  • DAZ0273
    I had forgotten about the CP shift, that really was a nerf, lol!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever it comes up, I feel it's worth chiming in that it's still only 4X clears to full progression if you have the 5e in SCL 8+9, I play to progression that way every story. There are only a few with wonky points. I do 4X (2X wave nodes) each sub every story.