Is an every-other/4-week release schedule for 4 stars and 5 stars good for the game?

2»

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Bowgentle said:
    The odds for 5s just need a bump if they do start going this route. 

It's already hard enough to complete a five for a competitive player, and shorter latest status is really going to push away a lot of us. 

Champing fives is pretty much all you've got at the five star level if you're someone that doesn't play for top 10 every event. 
    They don't care if they push away players who don't pay.
    They'll start caring if they push away too many paying players.

Well, there are paying players that are being pushed away and potential paying players also.

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Momo988 said:
    Until mobile devs and licensors accept getting paid in fun instead of money, it will stay that way. 
    I just recently quit for the second time in the middle of a season and i was in first place for the stone.  The game is just not fun... can't leisurely read any of the new events because you have to go as fast as you can.   Same game play for 5 years now.   Too much rng (even winning pve is rng based because it  can all go to **** if you get too long of a cascade or no tu tiles able to be matched if you have okoye, etc).  This most recent retirement is because i was chasing a 4 star new release (that I'll never play with because he isn't as fast as my 550s) and found that i can't have a life like hanging out with family that's in town because i have to grind pve.  This kind of qol issues shouldn't occur.  Most of us have jobs so we can't play for 1 to 2 hours consecutively unless it's the evening... that's why i join slice 4.  But joining slice 4 means no family or friends time on Friday or Saturday because i need to be available for pve grind.   I hope they figure out a better way to do this and add new content (that doesn't mean make another pve story that i never get to read anyways because i have to go fast) so that i can enjoy this game again.