1st 5* ready to be champed. Do I do it?

Options
jym010
jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
I am currently a 4* player with all rostered 4*s and 5*s.  Most 4*s are champed with the exception of maybe 10 or so.  That being said, with Mordo giving Strange covers, I have now fully covered him with 3 saved covers.  Should I champ him?  How much will that mess up my MMR?  I typically play PvE but have been playing more PvP lately.  My top 4*s are at around level 290.  I don't have any other 5 stars close to being champed.  What do you guys think?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many GrocKitty teams do you see now? Can you handle them? Would you be able to handle them if they were stronger? Because these days, that is very much the single 5* champ meta, and 5trange doesn't really bring much against them. It's a bummer. I was relatively quick to champ Kitty as my sole 5* champ, and at first, that MMR was pretty varied, but as more and more single 5* players have got her usable, those teams have been pushing much of the rest out.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.  Looks like just maybe a soft cap on him and kitty 2/4/2
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Options
    How many GrocKitty teams do you see now? Can you handle them? Would you be able to handle them if they were stronger? Because these days, that is very much the single 5* champ meta, and 5trange doesn't really bring much against them. It's a bummer. I was relatively quick to champ Kitty as my sole 5* champ, and at first, that MMR was pretty varied, but as more and more single 5* players have got her usable, those teams have been pushing much of the rest out.
      As another player with a single 5* champ, I would have to concur completely.  I thankfully have the champ and her partner that can fairly reliably take out Gritty teams and if that weren't the case, I would probably just stop playing PVP all together.  Strange would be a good character if you only played PVE but I'm afraid PVP would be mostly high level 5* duos, single 5* champs and as you progress higher only Gritty.  And he's got the lowest health of all the 5*s, so you'd be probably spending lots of health packs just to keep him running.

Re soft capping your fives:  I think MMR takes your top 5 characters into account at their boost level.  Since you have most your 4's champed you could technically raise them to 370ish and the only problems for you might be Shield Simulator and the later rounds of alliance boss battles. But don't quote me on that just yet, there might be others afterwards that know the exact number would be safe level to softcap a 5*. Before I champed Okoye, I had both her and Kitty at level 330 and I noticed no difference in either shield Simulator or PVP but alliance boss battles, since they are scaled to your level, got noticeably harder (if that's even a concern of yours).  I'm also in the same situation as you in that I've got every 4*s, except the newest ones, champed or, champable at least, but just lack the ISO to champ them all.