Vaults: Latest Legends, Classic Legends, Classic 4-stars

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
The Latest Legends vault should have the current three 5-stars and only the twelve most recently released 4-stars. The cost to pull from this Latest Legends vault would be 25 CP.

The Classic Legends vault should have the remaining 5-stars and all the 4-stars not in the Latest Legends vault. The cost to pull from this Classic Legends vault would remain the same, at 20 CP.

Create a third 4-star vault with only the 4-stars in the Classic Legends vault, but no 5s. The cost to pull from this Vault would be 10 CP.

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great idea and as a long time player, I support this wholeheartedly. It would genuinely make me seriously consider spending 25CP on LL rather than instinctively reaching for the classics at 20CP as I do now. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I 3rd this! Newer players will have a chance to cover characters without having to buy 100+ roster slots first, would make a much more even climb!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's suppose there are 80 4* in the store now and we want to cover R4G. The probability of drawing 1 cover for him requires about 1600CP in Classic Store.

Your suggestion will reduce the CP required to pull 1 R4G cover to 10CP * 68 = 680CP, which is about 57.5% reduction. I can't remember what's the highest "discount" that was given to purchase token but it's 33% discount for a daily pool. My point is: the reduction might be too much for them to swallow. 16CP might be more bearable for them. 16CP*68= 1088CP, which is about 32% reduction.

The other potential problem would be your third store still doesn't solve dilution because more characters will be added to that third store over time. How would you solve third store dilution problem?
  • JSP869
    Let's suppose there are 80 4* in the store now and we want to cover R4G. The probability of drawing 1 cover for him requires about 1600CP in Classic Store.

Your suggestion will reduce the CP required to pull 1 R4G cover to 10CP * 68 = 680CP, which is about 57.5% reduction. I can't remember what's the highest "discount" that was given to purchase token but it's 33% discount for a daily pool. My point is: the reduction might be too much for them to swallow. 16CP might be more bearable for them. 16CP*68= 1088CP, which is about 32% reduction.

The other potential problem would be your third store still doesn't solve dilution because more characters will be added to that third store over time. How would you solve third store dilution problem?
    I was actually thinking about 4* dilution as I wrote this, and I had an idea, but I wanted to post the Vault suggestion on its own.

My solution would be something akin to the Favorite/Bonus Hero system, where you could select a particular 4* but rather than it being free (as the Favorite/Bonus Hero system is) you would pay HP to increase your chances of getting a particular 4*s cover.
    The chance of pulling that particular character's cover could be boosted to something like 15-25% instead of 1:78 (84 - 4 x Limited - 12 Latest), being ~1.28% Damn!!!
    Of course you would only be able to do this for a 4* in the Classic 4-star vault, only for one 4* at a time, and you would have to pay HP again to "favorite" a new/different 4*.
    Something like this might increase HP purchases/sales, and so Demi/D3 might be willing to consider it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Another potential obstacle is how do you handle the perception that players feel that they have been "cheated" or the devs rigged the system even after paying extra HP to get increased odds of that particular 4*? We have seen posts about not getting 5* after 20 or 40 pulls at 1:7 odds? So this scenario is possible.

Just suppose your system has been implemented and you were the dev, how would you give a satisfactory response to those players about these alleged "cheating" or "rigging of system" about paying extra HP to get increased odds, but they are not getting what they expect to get?
  • JSP869
    If it were in my power, I'd make sure something like what you're describing never happens.

Downtown L.A. has a "DASH" bus system where the buses are supposed to run on average every 7 minutes. This means you can and sometimes do get 2 buses back-to-back after waiting 14-15 minutes, because it still averages out to 1  bus per 7 minutes. It's annoying and sometimes inconvenient (very much so) if you're waiting for that particular bus, but 2 buses every 14 minutes is still an average of 1 per 7 minutes. 3 buses after 21 minutes is the same average, but that should never happen.

Likewise, pulling any more than 15-20 Legendary tokens should never not give you at least one 5* cover, and if I'd pulled 25-30 and definitely 40 Legendary tokens without getting a single 5*, I'd be expecting an apology from customer service and 4-5 random 5* covers delivered to my account.

If someone were to pay HP to increase their chances of getting a cover for a particular character to 1:8 (or better) I'd be making sure the code is in place to grant that cover every 8 pulls, or 2 covers every 16 pulls. So maybe you'd go 10 pulls before getting one, then get another cover within 6 pulls. The covers are not given out at random, and so if you've gone 40 pulls without getting a 5* cover, something is wrong with the coding or your account, and the developers, customer service, and managers should be doing everything they can to ensure you're happy with whatever reasonable solution they propose.