Vip membership and a complete collection of cards

Options
naabaldan
naabaldan Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
I own a complete Set of cards so any Single non duplicate booster results in commons and uncommons as of the ratio of the boosters. If the booster is bound to one rarety it's only that one of course.
Even if your collection is missing cards from selected Sets those boosters drop in value. 

I understand that there are not so many players out there that have a complete collection but  a lot that have a bigger one and Do not fully benefit from what the vip System is giving to US. In other words the more vetran a Player is the less interesting is the vip system until a new set arrives. On the other hand benefits a new Player most of the vip system. This is unbalanced but difficult to handle. 

I like the idea supporting this game and I want to craft masterpieces in the future.

Besides the current issues like being pro but Paid Master what has to be fixed as fast as possible, are the any plans to keep the vip System more valueable for Veteran players like me? 

I do not need boosters from Sets I have every card. Especially when they Contain mostly commons and uncommons. How about providing crystals or a token instead that allows me to buy boosters from the next Set when it arrives?

Comments

• Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dont have a full set but I do have every non MP. I think the non dupes should convert to 3000 orbs rather than 500 since 3000 is what I would consider the "real" value of a non dupe mythic. I emailed support about this and I basically got told to look forward to my 500 orbs. They arent making VIP very exciting for people with large collections.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    what about bringing back across ixalan and rising tensions for VIP? (and other events like it)

it adds content -and- rewards
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @naabaldan - congratulations with a full set! Isn’t this a temporary problem until the next set arrives? Just don’t open the boosters for a few weeks.
  • naabaldan
    Options
    I wonder if this would work 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It should at least for standard boosters, i guess VIP boosters will also adapt to the new set
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boosters given out give cards from the set they have been released for.

We;ve had that a lng time ago when people would hoard boosters in hopes to get cards from a different rotation etc.
  • naabaldan
    Options
    I rember. So it will not work. Gold or a new currency would be a possibility like batches or tokens we can Exchange for New boosters
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Boosters given out give cards from the set they have been released for.

We;ve had that a lng time ago when people would hoard boosters in hopes to get cards from a different rotation etc.
    Fair enough, I just thought that since these boosters (standard and VIP) does not seem to be directly tied to a set that they might behave differently than set-specific boosters.

You are most likely right, but I’ll keep my boosters until the exclusive cards reverts from exclusivity.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure if the "Standard boosters" will always give out the same set, or if it changes when a new set rolls around? So perhaps one can save them up?
  • Bil
    Options
     I hope boosters from VIP membership will actually adapt to the next set because if they don't, its pointless to suscribe if you already have a full collection.
    I personally have several VIP and standard boosters awaiting because i already own all the cards.

However, elite packs are probably linked to the rotation displayed when they were bought.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Options
    Bil said:
     I hope boosters from VIP membership will actually adapt to the next set because if they don't, its pointless to suscribe if you already have a full collection.
    I personally have several VIP and standard boosters awaiting because i already own all the cards.

However, elite packs are probably linked to the rotation displayed when they were bought.
    I hope they update the boosters. I have 2 of the current set boosters waiting since I currently have all the cards. 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At the very least, when the VIP opens any booster pack it should just review ALL card sets and go back one set if all the current set are owned and even then the results, in the case of the OP, should still be all mythical results, not common or uncommon.

For me, now that I have all Allegiance cards, the next set of VIP boosters will be basically less-than-special as all I'll get is the same results as a 80 (*70 with VIP discount) pack would get me... Not thrilling... 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    naabaldan said:

I like the idea supporting this game and I want to craft masterpieces in the future.

Before VIP systems released, crafting MP is awesome (but i prefer spend 400j ratherthan 15k orb for any single MP.

After VIP systems ongoing....I am not sure anyone still waiting to craft those MP?
  • naabaldan
    Options
    I am able to craft about 140 masterpieces for 15000 orbs each, but can only buy 39 elite packs for 400 pinkies each. Ok after the current hod Event it will be 40 ...
    But this does not matter at all while there is no New set available. Until than numbers are growing ... 
  • Tremayne
    Options
    naabaldan said:
    I am able to craft about 140 masterpieces for 15000 orbs each, but can only buy 39 elite packs for 400 pinkies each. Ok after the current hod Event it will be 40 ...
    But this does not matter at all while there is no New set available. Until than numbers are growing ... 
    I hazard that you are in the minority of the player base. Most players do not sit on such a hoard.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    naabaldan said:
    I hazard that you are in the minority of the player base. Most players do not sit on such a hoard.
    The plight of the whale...........
  • Bil
    edited June 2019
    Options
    With such a pile of ressources, we are far beyond the whale ... The real question is ... What's the point of hoarding ressources if you don't spend them and keep investing real money instead ... ^^"
  • Narcoticsagent
    Options
    naabaldan said:
    I have enough orbs to craft 12 MPs and  I thought I was doing good....
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bil said:
    With such a pile of ressources, we are far beyond the whale ... The real question is ... What's the point of hoarding ressources if you don't spend them and keep investing real money instead ... ^^"
    spending in the really really right time