Highest amount of saved covers?

Supravenbull
Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
What's the highest amount of saved covers you've procured before reaching 13 covers? I'm not counting opening a hoard and saving 30 or 40 2*s before from the queue before champing them. A character you've been actively chasing after but that one cover wont come.

My 5-1-5 GED is now sitting at 7 saved covers with less than a week left in latest. He would be my second 5s champ next to 5trange if I could only be so lucky. Makes me.wish we could still do cover swaps lol. But it made me think, highest saved covers I've had for even a 4s was 5 covers before I pulled a 13th. In latest legends you have 9 possible 5s covers you can pull so getting 7 duplicates before I've even hit 12 on the character seems very unlucky. But at least they're not going to waste.

Anyone else have a saved cover story?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seen it get to 11 or 12 saved covers before it was possible to champ.  2* flipped pretty fast for me, so it’s really apparent when ring starts favoring a character color
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had an ally mate that was at 10 saved covers on a 5* before they got the last cover.  Yea you know the thing that they say mathematically shouldn’t happen.  The same thing happened to him twice.  He pulled the last cover the last day that 5* was in LL.  
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the highest amount of saved covers you've procured before reaching 13 covers? I'm not counting opening a hoard and saving 30 or 40 2*s before from the queue before champing them. A character you've been actively chasing after but that one cover wont come.

My 5-1-5 GED is now sitting at 7 saved covers with less than a week left in latest. He would be my second 5s champ next to 5trange if I could only be so lucky. Makes me.wish we could still do cover swaps lol. But it made me think, highest saved covers I've had for even a 4s was 5 covers before I pulled a 13th. In latest legends you have 9 possible 5s covers you can pull so getting 7 duplicates before I've even hit 12 on the character seems very unlucky. But at least they're not going to waste.

Anyone else have a saved cover story?
    I usually won’t on a 5 but I swapped my saved covers for Okoye to finish her up quite some time ago and now she sits at 450. I imagine she will stay there for quite some time.

Id rather have a usable champ than a bank of covers I may never get to see the rewards from.
  • bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I had 12 saved for OML before I finally just did the swap. Probably should’ve been patient and favorited xforce but 25 4 stars is forever.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    18 on a 4*
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I have Kitty at a 2/4/5 spread, with 7 saved (red) covers. Still waiting for D3 to give me that feeder so I can champ her next to my level 457 JJ. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had 13 on a 4*. Most I've had on a 5* is 2
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    My GED is 5/5/1 with 6 saved so far.....5 days to go.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I had 9 saved for 4* Elektra which I got the 13th cover for yesterday as the daredevil lvl265 champ reward
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had an ally mate that was at 10 saved covers on a 5* before they got the last cover.  Yea you know the thing that they say mathematically shouldn’t happen.  The same thing happened to him twice.  He pulled the last cover the last day that 5* was in LL.  
    If we assume that the character was at 5/5/2 or some permutation, the chance of getting 10 saved covers is (2/3)^10, or about 1.7%.  Square that to get the probability of it happening twice and it is about 0.03%.  That corresponds to a 1 in 3325 chance.
    While that is incredibly unlikely on an individual basis, it isn't surprising that it happened to someone given the size of the player base.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to multiple people.  So it isn't quite a "mathematically shouldn't happen" scenario.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

I couldn't wait any longer, converted 3 saved into that last yellow I needed and champed and respec'ed.  Zero regrets as she gets daily play and improved my PVE clear times vs. Thorkoye, allowing me to place routinely into Top 10 vs. Top 50.  Don't use her for PvP typically.

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    9 saved covers for my 3/5/4 GED
    7 saved for my 5/3/4 Danvers
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I had ten or eleven saved covers for Blonde Widow before finally being able to champ her. I did cash in five covers for the final yellow I needed. She's now at 276 (I think), and actually more useful than I expected her to be :-)