Supports

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
We know support circuit is being reworked, but can we just get a simple cycle of the supports? We've been sitting on the same 16 for two months now.

What support are you waiting for a .06% to get?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX @Brigby

Any type of update on this?  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    We know support circuit is being reworked, but can we just get a simple cycle of the supports? We've been sitting on the same 16 for two months now.

What support are you waiting for a .06% to get?
    3 months, really.  Last rotation was just around March 4.

I'm still waiting for a single Yaro Root, Pocket Radio, Sp//Dr....Some of the newer ones (Kra-Van and BW Batons) seem nice too.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Ever since they announced the rotating 16 system i've wanted better versions of Wong and Vintage Shield (and i have yet to get a Lockheed), and so I have decided to chase these specifically.
    I saved every token i could, waiting to open them when these come around, but of course, of course, all of these were in the last batch, the one that never happened.
     So now i sit on 33 tokens waiting and waiting.... (and fuming) :/
    Would really love to know whats up with supports, i love them, really i do, but right now the whole thing just angers me. :angry:
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    By "reworked" I think they mean shelved indefinitely. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supports, and more recently costumes, have been really mishandled. The funny thing is, I don't really care about either of them. Costumes are... whatever, they don't affect gameplay. But the reason I don't care about supports is that I have a decent one attached to the half dozen characters I use on a daily basis. I don't need any more.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Supports, and more recently costumes, have been really mishandled. The funny thing is, I don't really care about either of them. Costumes are... whatever, they don't affect gameplay. But the reason I don't care about supports is that I have a decent one attached to the half dozen characters I use on a daily basis. I don't need any more.
    This is why I feel that the Dev team, I talked about this in another post (Anything in the pipeline), has failed the player base drastically.  Supports was the big thing of 2018 and now nothing.  Costumes is a joke to say the least.  The VIP costume still has not changed since January 3rd (I think).  We still have not found a way to make costumes “earnable”.  
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    I can't keep saying this enough. The development team spent their last significant time doing something new with supports.
    This game is five months shy of six years old. why would they pour resources into this?
    You can convince yourself that something is going to happen but you'll just be disappointed.
    This is the game we will have for as long as they want to keep the lights on.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the least, rotate them with the PvP seasons, just so there is a Story-side update that coincides with the PvP game.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    By "reworked" I think they mean shelved indefinitely. 

As much as I want to disagree with this, I have to say it feels more and more like this. And not only for Supports, but also look at Fight for Wakanda: being reworked... and the fact it seems like there will never come an answer to the question if Heroic story events are discontinued or being 'reworked'.

Well, and on a side note, there is the thing where the whole Shield Training using recent 4*s was said to be a mistake when Magik wss needed, but then it was repeated for needing 4* Thanos and the issue was promptly ignored.

Communication was never very good, but it really seems to have taken even more a dip recently. Then again, maybe it's just me, idk.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I don't want to be insulting or take potshots at people I don't know, and an internal process I have no insight into.

At a high level, it just feels like there are either not enough programmers, or not enough good ones, or both.  I understand there are different job functions (art guy doesn't create new characters, etc), but somewhere along the line there just isn't enough productivity.  Which is sad for a game that made a ton of money and could continue to do so.

Maybe I'm off and they simply have too much red tape to get through and that's what derails them time after time.  Or the finance guy gives them a thumbs down.  Or some other reasonable explanation.  We'll never know of course.  It happens at all sorts of companies all the time.  I still believe that they have ideas and maybe even plans for things we would be excited about that they'll never come close to implementing. 

And really that's the thing.  They'll never come close to implementing them.  I'm with Colognoisseur in that we just need to be realistic about it at this point.  I still enjoy playing this game, and I hope I'm wrong and something great will happen soon.  But once I stop enjoying it, I'm done.  I won't do myself the disservice of hanging on in hopes of what may be.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are slap bang in the middle of "film event" season, all resources will be taken up by that in the short term so I wouldn't expect any updates anyway at this time, however the second part of the year doesn't have anything apart from Anniversary (and maybe the Marvel comic book thing in August) so perhaps resources/time management will shift to other types of projects. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly. Potentially. Might do. Could get considered.

Probably not Fight for Wakanda though, I think that is shoved in the back of the cupboard somewhere next to the continuation of that Coulson one-off PvE thing we had and is covered in mucho dust.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re:  Fight for Wakanda.....I think it's time we all accept it's not coming back.  We have seen two brand new PVE events this year.  Neither incorporated the ideas of FFW, which arguably were intended to be more puzzle-y and slow down play.  Instead they reduced the Join Forces node clears, one has less trivial nodes....sped up, less bogged down gameplay seems to be the direction they went in.  FFW was unpopular and my guess is they don't consider the work needed to somehow make it work better worthwhile (since you're facing, probably, a number of bugs that could arise given its structure).

Supports.....here also maybe we should consider the evidence.  For a long time the Support release plan was the same.....big vault (120 items) with some HFH deals.  Then Support Circuit started and they followed the same release model for Atlantis (maybe one more?) while the 240 item vaults were running.  Just after SC ended (I think, within a couple days anyway) we saw first the Kra-Van release which simply had it included in an HP store which only had Supports in it.  Then a similar thing happened with the Endgame Supports, although they reduced the prices a little.  There were no HFH deals, no tokens, just simply pay your HP and get a Support immediately.

So the question now is.....are they really going to be going back to the "double RNG" model of Supports again?  Where you saw a vault with Support tokens (of various levels) which you pullled (or not) from in hopes of getting a token, then opened that token to see what you get?  

Maybe one reason the tokens aren't being updated at all is because they aren't even sure they will keep using them, but they aren't closing it off since the PVE vaults contain Support tokens as well as the T25 in PVP season rewards (changing that would require work and taking rewards away is never a good idea).

I hope there is some communication forthcoming.  Or that I'm wrong and some update is going to happen.