Is it better to sell or level 1* covers?

theomen
theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
Hi all,
At the moment I level my one star covers and then sell them. This is to increase my Shield Rank as quickly as possible.
Today I found myself wondering if I'd get more ISO8 if I sold them all. Does anyone know? What does everyone else do?
Tagged:

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    There is a tipping point where it becomes inefficient to level  TRAIN 1* vs just selling the covers at a certain Shield Rank  but I can't seem to find the thread. No doubt one of our awesome community guys will know.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Farming 1-stars (for XP) is usually done by adding covers until they have 10 or 13 covers in them and then sell/restart. Others will apply covers to one that is max-covered and simply rotate which ability has 5 vs 3 covers on it (for the 13 cover 1-stars; doesn't work on the 10 cover 1-stars for obvious reasons). Both methods will net you XP. Actually leveling the 1-star, unless you plan to use it, is not advised because of the large ISO expense.

Now, ask two different people what they think about the effectiveness of farming 1-stars and you'll get two different answers. At low SHIELD levels it makes some sense and can accelerate your ISO gains through levels ups. But once your SHIELD level is high enough you're better off simply selling any and all 1-star covers you gain for ISO.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time. A 2-star farm will net you plenty of XP for those SHIELD level ups while at the same time gaining you additional resources (HP, CP, Tokens) through champ rewards. Those champ rewards are the true gains, as any farming done at any tier is ultimately an ISO loss in the long run.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Thanks guys, I should have said train rather than level. My Shield rank is 136 if that helps.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    theomen said:
    Thanks guys, I should have said train rather than level. My Shield rank is 136 if that helps.
    I used the same mistaken term also! Don't level, TRAIN!!!!!