Roster Sort Order

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
Does anyone have the key to how covers are ordered in the roster screen? For all but the 5* tier, I can match the rank as follows:

1) Sort by actual level first
2) Sort by max level second
3) Sort by name third

This works perfectly for every tier except the 5* tier. For example, my 3/0/0 GladiaThor, level 255/300 shows up ahead of my 1/2/1 Daredevil 255/315. Daredevil's max level is higher and his name comes before Thor, yet for reasons I haven't figured out he shows up after Thor in the roster screen.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe because your Thor has an ability at 3, which is higher than Daredevil whose highest is 2.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 390 I have 5/1/3 Hawkeye, 3/4/2 Archangel and 3/3/3 Green Goblin, in that order though at 405 the order is 4/2/4 Black Widow 4/4/2 Ironman 3/2/5 the Hull, just to make things less consistent again. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    The number of covers /13 matter, as well as the highest lvl of those 13 covers. This is true for all tiers not just the 5*. I have about 25 of my 4*s at lvl 168. First the ones with 13 covers, then those with 12... 11... etc.

If two have say 10 covers 442 will rank lower than 541. If both have 442 or 424 then its by name...

Your hawkeye has a 5 so he will come first as all have 9 covers. Then the one with 4 and then 333 the most even spread.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    That does not hold-my 3 cover Thor comes before my 4 cover Daredevil even though they are both the same level.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on my observations, I think the sort key is composed of the following (in order):
    1. the character level
    2. a "cover score" based on how many covers the character has (excluding champ levels)
    3. rarity
    4. character name
    I used to think (2) was the maximum achievable level for the character, but that doesn't really fit when the game is sorting e.g. a champed 4* with a 5* character of the same level.  It also doesn't seem to be a simple count of the covers, since a 2/0/0 character will sort before 1/1/0.
    The cover score also seems to be independent of character rarity, since it also assigns less value to the first covers in a power for 5* characters where each cover is nominally worth the same 15 levels.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish we had some options for sorting. It would also be lovely if they would implement an easy way to see all saved covers so you know where you stand...maybe a little circle on the bottom corner of each in the roster screen which could be toggled.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    It would also be lovely if they would implement an easy way to see all saved covers so you know where you stand...maybe a little circle on the bottom corner of each in the roster screen which could be toggled.
    This would indeed be most triumphant.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    jp1 said:
    I wish we had some options for sorting. It would also be lovely if they would implement an easy way to see all saved covers so you know where you stand...maybe a little circle on the bottom corner of each in the roster screen which could be toggled.
    To keep track of my saved covers in the 4-star-tier I do the following:
    I level everyone up to 209 (Shield Training!). 
    After getting to 13 covers you can start saving them. 
    A char with 0 saved covers will be leveled to 210.
    A char with 1 saved covers will be leveled to 211 and so on. 
    When someone is at level 220 (10 saved covers) it is time to champ him even if he is a mediocre one. But I think 2 LT's and 8 CP is worth the 200,000 iso. You are also getting a chunk XP for your Shield rank.
    This is a great suggestion. Unfortunately my ISO deficit is too high to implement this in any usable fashion any time soon. Most of my remaining 4s (besides Ronin, Savertooth, and Talos) have at least 15-30 covers. I have the top tier champed and now I just grab whoever has the most for champing.

Exceptions are the better new 4s which get champed as they are covered.

Since I ravaged my max champ 3s for ISO I have roughly 20 of them sitting at various levels of saved covers as well.