Bonus Hero Success Stories

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
It finally happened. I champed Kitty, who I think was 4/2/1 when she left tokens. Since then she was my only favorited 5, and I finally got her covered and champed. Didn't think it was possible. Anyone else have some good luck with bonus heros? 

Comments

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    No good luck for me.  I have only gotten two bonus 5 stars since Bonus Heroes started, so getting 6 Kittys in like 6 months (?) is amazing.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Not for 5* but got 2 Thanos 4* bonus covers this morning plus progression to get him to 209. Really didn’t think that was going to happen 
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    My BH ratio is less than 3% since I started tracking (353 pulls and counting), however, with that 3% I got the 3 Okoye covers I needed to champ her. I can’t complain.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Only got 6 five-star Bonus heroes since the feature started. 3 for Gambit to make him champable. 2 for Okoye to get her to 13 covers and this week I got 1 for Kitty to make her 3/3/3. Four-star BHs made me get all Shield training essentials (the newer ones) to 209 since Dazzler. With Th4nos I was not so lucky but I got one regular cover from heroics and another regular from a Latest Legends yesterday. The chance for that must have been even worse than covering him with bonus heroes. I'm gonna switch to Talos  (2/2/7) now although I'm afraid he will be skipped for R4nin. After the "mistake" with Th4nos I will be focusing on the four-stars that feed 5-stars and are nearing level 300. That is more valuable for me than the grind for one extra-cover in Shield training. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    had 8 covers for magik last shield training. i bh'd her and started pulling heroics. ending up getting 2 4* both with bonuses in about 10 pulls.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    had 8 covers for magik last shield training. i bh'd her and started pulling heroics. ending up getting 2 4* both with bonuses in about 10 pulls.
    I did that with Thanos this time around.

Had 8, got a 9th from progression, didn't want to spend LT/CP, realized I had excess HP (and got some from a lucky Taco), cracked an event 10-pack, got a Thanos and a War Machine each with a bonus Thanos.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    jredd said:
    I did that with Thanos this time around.

Had 8, got a 9th from progression, didn't want to spend LT/CP, realized I had excess HP (and got some from a lucky Taco), cracked an event 10-pack, got a Thanos and a War Machine each with a bonus Thanos.
    Same for me. I had my Thanos at 6 last week about this time. When he was announced as a SHIELD Training requirement, I BHed him, knowing I'd have upwards of a hundred token pulls from numerous events. I collected the ISO from all events and didn't spend it unless it was leveling Thanos from 120ish to 209. Got one Thanos cover from progression and then three additional as a bonus hero. Leveled him to 209 last night and nabbed a Sabretooth cover. He'll be my BH until he reaches 13 covers

I have pretty bad luck getting a bonus 5, but considerable luck with 3 and 4 stars, especially if I'm just chasing one character of each tier.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not there yet but my Dr Strange will be my bonus hero story. I think I only managed to pull like 1-2 covers for him, and another from the daily resupply. He is now 3/1/3 all thanks to bonus heroes. The remaining covers I will be getting from Mordo champion rewards. Just need 29 covers. Yah to bonus heroes and champion rewards update. 

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished Gambit and Thor with BH after they had moved to classics. Gambit getting covered kept me in the game as the Gambit wall was brutal a demoralising (though I immediately became part of the problem until the nerf).
    The three bh covers I already had 5 in for Thor's final cover takes the shine off the success story though. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only 5* champ is GR:RR, and he left latest with 9 covers. I got one organically in Classic, got a bonus I couldn't use, got one off of John Blaze, got a bonus I could use, then organically pulled one from the Masked Vengeance store on my third try to finish him up. I guess I must have had 2 I couldn't use actually, since he is 452? At any rate, it took a year from his release to get him finished. 

My current Bonus Hero operation has been chasing Okoye who I got to 5/2/1 in latest. She's currently at 6/4/1 (Shuri hit me with that unusable black at 280, currently at 283). I'm hoping to end up with another red here soon.

At the 4* level, i parked my BH on Chavez on 1/25/19, and in the last 4 months I've brought her up from 285 to 319 chasing Jessica Jones. Looking at roughly another 5 months to finish JJ if this trend continues, since I need to get her to 360. This has cost me access to Shield Training since Namor's release, but it's whatever.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    After the Okoye/Thor/Kitty store, I had a 5/4/2 Okoye.  Bonus'd Shuri, maybe 3 months later had my champed Okoye :smiley:

Next up, Thor is 5/3/3 and Val is 295.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    I've had some luck with BHs since my 5* transition.

When I spent my minuscule hoard to try and get Hela I ended up getting my final Okoye cover.
    When I was trying to get a Rescue cover (for essentials) I got a BH Thor.
    Haven't been hoarding since Rescue seems rubbish, and got a BH Kitty from my random pulls :) .
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Had some good luck yesterday. Spent 20CP to pull a cover for Jubilee, then the bonus cover gave me another Jubilee, which meant I could champ her and get a LT from the first champion level :-) 4* champ 74 :smiley:
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Tried pulling ~30 or so LT's in hope of getting my 10th Thanos for SHIELD Training. Only managed to get one BH.... a bonus 5* Hela.

Not sure if I should've been happy or annoyed!  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bonus Hero'ed Moon Knight the day he got vaulted and succeeded in champing him a couple of weeks after he left vaults from a 0/2/0 which I was pretty pleased with - I did get one cover from another source (I think out of tokens when he went back into them however could be wrong) but the other 10 were all bonus heroes.

5* wise I have had very little luck - still waiting on a BH Kitty cover in 2019.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have naturally pulled 1 Hela cover, she is my 5* BH now, while chasing GED, she is somehow 1/5/1, almost completely through BH