Questions we would like answered thread

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
With so many threads going on about all the current and upcoming changes, I thought we might be able to get our answers faster if we have a thread for it.  Here you can ask any questions you would like the Brigby and such to answer.  Hopefully they visit this thread too and answer.

Communication is essential for our player base to be satisfied and for this game to prosper.

So ask away! :)

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    A question I have is about the VIP avatars and deck slots, do we only have them permanently while we have VIP or are we just paying to "rent" them?  If we are renting them, what happens to our profile and customized VIP decks if we cancel our subscription?
  • SaberEmiya
    SaberEmiya Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Well, I do have a question too. I purchased the Pro plan at first and then I updated the VIP level to Master plan at full price. In this way, I expected to acquire both rewards of the plans or automatically update the plan on next month. However, I lose all the week rewards of the Pro plan instead. I can hardly call it an update!
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    @FindingHeart8 1 answer here: 

"Exclusive Access: Additional Deck Slots
    These are additional deck configurations granted for each Planeswalker based on the plan contracted. The player still has to configure each new deck they want to use. If the service is cancelled, the player will lose access to them."

Taken from: https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?=undefined&s=common-questions&f=what-is-vip-membership&l=en
  • FindingHeart8
    edited May 2019
    @FindingHeart8 1 answer here: 

"Exclusive Access: Additional Deck Slots
    These are additional deck configurations granted for each Planeswalker based on the plan contracted. The player still has to configure each new deck they want to use. If the service is cancelled, the player will lose access to them."

Taken from: https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?=undefined&s=common-questions&f=what-is-vip-membership&l=en
    Thanks for that explanation, I guess I'd assume we lose the VIP avatar pictures as well.  Ironic because I'm pretty sure they existed beforehand and nonVIP avatar pictures, so ultimately I'm paying now for content I had free before (in regards to the avatar pictures, not deck slots)
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited May 2019
    You'll lose only VIP content for avatar too. (VIP cards and titles are clearly marked)

"Exclusive Access: Titles and Avatars
    These are cards that can be used as either or both depending on the selection. The player still has to own the card in order to use them. Exclusive access to these contents is granted only while the player is subscribed. If the service is cancelled, the last  valid configuration is reset."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    I want to know if activity in the mtgpq app has increased or decreased over the past week. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby I think the VIP deck slot upgrade to PW should be permanent. Having it only stay active while the membership is in place is very ridiculous.
  • FindingHeart8
    jimpark said:
    I want to know if activity in the mtgpq app has increased or decreased over the past week. 
    I cant speak for the entire community, but my coalition has already lost several great players.  They quit the game entirely because they don't want to play a pay-to-win game.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    jimpark said:
    I cant speak for the entire community, but my coalition has already lost several great players.  They quit the game entirely because they don't want to play a pay-to-win game.
           That is a very grey area concerning most mobiles. This game does not sell cosmetic only items, does allow people to spend to allow less in game time played to make money; however, there are timed exclusives that are sold which can give advantages over others. Also, the more one spends and from doing so has a larger card pool ends up with more build options. So the fact people sold themselves that this game caters equally to all is a problem in those individuals alone.
           The game has to have a revenue stream. I see no ads, and it was free to download. That is where the free ends. You can buy select cards or pray to rngesus and hope you pull it. The ftp crowd still is unchanged, have to keep grinding and hope to make the best choices with the limits that spending no cash allows. Spending doesn’t guarantee wins, but as stated the more cards you have the higher your chances of wining if you can build a deck right. I’ve seen pauper decks do well, but at the top, most have high percentages of sets; this is not a coincidence. 
    So no idea why people are quitting when a game still allows one to compete. As a ftp can you have it all? Maxed pw’s, extra runes, all the exclusives? Have to be reasonable. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2019
    Stalker said:
    jimpark said:
           That is a very grey area concerning most mobiles. This game does not sell cosmetic only items, does allow people to spend to allow less in game time played to make money; however, there are timed exclusives that are sold which can give advantages over others. Also, the more one spends and from doing so has a larger card pool ends up with more build options. So the fact people sold themselves that this game caters equally to all is a problem in those individuals alone.
           The game has to have a revenue stream. I see no ads, and it was free to download. That is where the free ends. You can buy select cards or pray to rngesus and hope you pull it. The ftp crowd still is unchanged, have to keep grinding and hope to make the best choices with the limits that spending no cash allows. Spending doesn’t guarantee wins, but as stated the more cards you have the higher your chances of wining if you can build a deck right. I’ve seen pauper decks do well, but at the top, most have high percentages of sets; this is not a coincidence. 
    So no idea why people are quitting when a game still allows one to compete. As a ftp can you have it all? Maxed pw’s, extra runes, all the exclusives? Have to be reasonable. 
    Reasonable is the key word. The series of changes that led up to VIP is the problem. And mind you, I would bet a lot of these changes were planned. It is the combination of clearly taking away and putting up outageous tolls in an unstable game environment that upsets many. And these things have been implemented in a very suspicious manner, unfortunately. Things could have definitely been handled differently and better but alas that is not the case. The question then becomes, "Can you trust that things will be different given the history of changes in this game?" Well, there seems to be a lot of contradictory issues; primarily related "valuetown." Thus, our trust has been betrayed on multiple occassions yet we still kept our loyalty. But we were the fools to have believed things could be different is how it feels. 

Therefore, I ask you are these subsequent changes actual "reasonable?" Theres nothing wrong with wanting money and having these VIP programs, etc. The game has to survive in some fashion. But there is a fine between making earnest money and exploiting to make short term money. In my opinion, they have regrettably leaped and sprinted well past that fine line. And those that left have decided this time it was too far. 

EDIT: There is far more i could say and add. I could also intelligently explain specific instances and such. But i tried to keep it concise, as i have a tendency to ramble. But furthermore, i am tired of trying to help out and wasting my time writing these long posts. So forgive me for not feeling so connected to the game any longer and being exhausted from trying. I hope they do well, otherwise. Good luck. 
  • FindingHeart8
    edited May 2019
    jimpark said:
    Stalker said:
    jimpark said:
    Reasonable is the key word. The series of changes that led up to VIP is the problem. And mind you, I would bet a lot of these changes were planned. It is the combination of clearly taking away and putting up outageous tolls in an unstable game environment that upsets many. And these things have been implemented in a very suspicious manner, unfortunately. Things could have definitely been handled differently and better but alas that is not the case. The question then becomes, "Can you trust that things will be different given the history of changes in this game?" Well, there seems to be a lot of contradictory issues; primarily related "valuetown." Thus, our trust has been betrayed on multiple occassions yet we still kept our loyalty. But we were the fools to have believed things could be different is how it feels. 

Therefore, I ask you are these subsequent changes actual "reasonable?" Theres nothing wrong with wanting money and having these VIP programs, etc. The game has to survive in some fashion. But there is a fine between making earnest money and exploiting to make short term money. In my opinion, they have regrettably leaped and sprinted well past that fine line. And those that left have decided this time it was too far. 

EDIT: There is far more i could say and add. I could also intelligently explain specific instances and such. But i tried to keep it concise, as i have a tendency to ramble. But furthermore, i am tired of trying to help out and wasting my time writing these long posts. So forgive me for not feeling so connected to the game any longer and being exhausted from trying. I hope they do well, otherwise. Good luck. 
    Well spoken @jimpark

@stalker.  I understand the game needs money to survive.  I'm a former f2p player for years that has contributed a sizeable portion not too long ago in appreciation of supporting the game.  But the necessity of money for business operations is not an excuse for suspicious business actions, as well as a lack of transparency and communication with the community.  Hopefully their push for more money comes with an improvement of their procedures, otherwise I can't blame people for quitting.
  • FindingHeart8
    starfall said:
    Are you going to doing anything about loading times in 3.5?

Wait a minute.. is this just an unofficial Q&A thread?
    Well not all of our questions are getting answers on the official Q&A so...