Options
starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Underground Champion + Eldrazi Monument don't work together properly

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In what way?  How are they supposed to work together that they do not now?
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it’s that the monument adds prevent damage and to any other blocker they don’t take damage- the undergrowth champion however still gets his -1/-1 when he blocks/takes damage.

Didnt stop me using this combo tho- great fun to revisit one of the old ones :)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    In what way?  How are they supposed to work together that they do not now?
    If you play a game with Underground Champion + Eldrazi Monument, you'll quickly see what the problem is.
    Well, to do that I would need to have Eldrazi Monument now wouldn't I. (and Undergrowth Champion, but luckily I do have that one).  Save the snark for the devs, man.
    Avahad said:
    I think it’s that the monument adds prevent damage and to any other blocker they don’t take damage- the undergrowth champion however still gets his -1/-1 when he blocks/takes damage.

Didnt stop me using this combo tho- great fun to revisit one of the old ones :)

It seems to me like a somewhat complex interaction since Undergrowth Champion already has Prevent Damage, so it makes sense that its effect supersedes the Monument's.  Not saying it is right, but definitely an issue I would expect to happen (which does not show well for the dev team if they did not think of that)