Ugin Planeswalker?

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
Anyone else see that Ugin planeswalker listed as available soon? 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yes, interesting that he seems to be in stealth mode.

ugin is not in the planeswalker section of these forum as far as I can see.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just cannot understand why they didn't mention this anywhere. Even a simple "And lots of new Planeswalkers coming soon!" would have us all singing their praises. Don't most companies try to promote their products?!
  • Tremayne
    Options
    D3 is very different than your average company. I wonder if they were unsure if ugin would be ready in time.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps it is a bug and it will disappear soon. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby did say they wanted to add 2 walkers between 3.4 and 3.5 (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77955/3-4-release-notes/p2) so it's nice they actually managed to. Think it's because he's out of office they forgot it.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    No wonder it comes as a surprise when the info is buried in the stands.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ssshhhhh. Maybe it's a mistake. 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ertaii said:
    Not sure they did it on purpose. No announcement at all ? Not available for cash first ? That's not like them.
    Yeah, unless it's going to be a VIP first-access thing as another draw to get people to 1. Get VIP and 2. Buy more crystals (if you don't have enough, already, that is).

Being a Dragon fan I'm quite looking forward to this, either way. :smile:

Also of interest is the card sets for it's Basic, Expert and Master decks. All from Legacy card sets, if I'm not mistaken. The abilities look curious, too, wondering how they grow from Lvl 1. Either really nice or .. well... nice.. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Azerack said:
    ertaii said:
    Not sure they did it on purpose. No announcement at all ? Not available for cash first ? That's not like them.
    Yeah, unless it's going to be a VIP first-access thing as another draw to get people to 1. Get VIP and 2. Buy more crystals (if you don't have enough, already, that is).

Being a Dragon fan I'm quite looking forward to this, either way. :smile:

Also of interest is the card sets for it's Basic, Expert and Master decks. All from Legacy card sets, if I'm not mistaken. The abilities look curious, too, wondering how they grow from Lvl 1. Either really nice or .. well... nice.. 
    Is everyone here that can see it VIP? 
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can see it and I'm definitely NOT VIP (nor will I ever be if it matters to anyone...).
  • cmassive13
    cmassive13 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can also see Ugin (and Tamiyo) with no VIP
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Raistlin said:
    There's Tamiyo also. Check the PW list and check off the Show All button, and she;s in there. 
    White/Blue/Green

Good thing I haven't had a single thing to spend runes on... Between the two I'd take both just for the characters let alone their color/ability sets. :D

Again, interesting she uses only Legacy cards for her deck, too, and nothing Standard (apart from Origins, of course..)
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I can also see Ugin (and Tamiyo) with no VIP
    Supposedly they gave everyone basic VIP for a week. I remember seeing it in the release notes and my game sent a notice today that the VIP is about to expire. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone else suggested they might be the PWs for the next version of Duel Decks which sounds possible. No idea if true, but it'd explain why came in this patch when the rest of Duel Decks was patched...
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Someone else suggested they might be the PWs for the next version of Duel Decks which sounds possible. No idea if true, but it'd explain why came in this patch when the rest of Duel Decks was patched...
    There is not current set involving the 2 PW and I don't think Oktagon is going to create brand new content or even adapt something to that extent. Speaking with a coalition mate he pointed out that Tamiyo and Ugin have absolutely no ties in MTG lore so why they chose these 2 I have no idea. Maybe just a cash grab.
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Because Tamiyo and Ugin are both considered popular among actual paper Magic players, and as three colors and colorless respectively they are powerful additions to your collection that would actually entice players (I’ve been finding less and less use for most of the new walkers released, not even bothering to get most of them). I’ve also seen people on the forums complaining that Tamiyo was never made during SOI while other older walkers got a version. 

Is a cash grab a cash grab if they give you something good that you want?

edit: forgot to mention that both Tamiyo and Ugin are part of the War of the Spark events, the latter contributing quite a bit to it. So plot relevance achieved. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Barnabes said:
    Because Tamiyo and Ugin are both considered popular among actual paper Magic players, and as three colors and colorless respectively they are powerful additions to your collection that would actually entice players (I’ve been finding less and less use for most of the new walkers released, not even bothering to get most of them). I’ve also seen people on the forums complaining that Tamiyo was never made during SOI while other older walkers got a version. 

Is a cash grab a cash grab if they give you something good that you want?

edit: forgot to mention that both Tamiyo and Ugin are part of the War of the Spark events, the latter contributing quite a bit to it. So plot relevance achieved. 
    It's only a cash grab if the walkers are available before the end of the 1st VIP month, otherwise there was no "exclusive content" as advertised, because you have to pay a second time before they decide to actually make the content available 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:

Ugin at least is expected to be duel deck PW. Not sure about tamiyo