Vivien's invocation [Investigating]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
Must congratulate these people.  They do find ways to keep us all on our toes.  So Vivien's invocation when used no longer causes any damage to the opponent's creatures..  (thanks for another bug)

\\Edited Title - Tombstone
Tagged:

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Attempting to attach a battle log screenshot:

I'm used to seeing something in there triggering damage to the 1st creature (of which the opponent had 3).
  • Zzyzzx
    Holy **** it worked that time.
    Copy from clipboard, remember that.
  • Julie71
    I have a video but not sure how to get it here.  It only did damage to opponent's creature when I had gaea's revenge on board and Vi another it did 32 damage.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Same bug here.

Sometimes it works and makes the damage (not the base power, but full) sometimes not.

Perhaps I am wrong and it is not a bug and they have design this as a new puzzle in the game "Guess how to make it work". This would be the new and exciting way to make us play with fun old events everyday.

I hope that a VIP member report it in order to get a quick and proper answer.
  • Julie71
    rafalele said:
    Same bug here.

Sometimes it works and makes the damage (not the base power, but full) sometimes not.

Perhaps I am wrong and it is not a bug and they have design this as a new puzzle in the game "Guess how to make it work". This would be the new and exciting way to make us play with fun old events everyday.

I hope that a VIP member report it in order to get a quick and proper answer.
    I did let's see if vip status gets me anywhere. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    I have played it with Gaeas Revenge in a Kiora deck and worked always. With Sarkhan 3 and Djinn of wishes not always not alway with Ghalta either.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    For me it so far it works every time I already have the card being summoned on the board and it does the damage of the creature already on the board so if it's a 55 power cyclops it does 55 damage instead of the 1 it would have done previously.

Also it no longer picks one of the first 3 different creatures as stated

It's an admittedly small sample size as 90% on the time i cast it there are not any opp creatures on board
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    *sigh* this happens every single freaking time Oktagon tries to "fix" a card that is working properly except in one specific kind of action.  Now the whole card is broken *slow clap*
  • Dkrone
    Dkrone Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I found another new bug with this card since the 3.4 patch. I have Gaea’s Revenge, Erratic Cyclops, and Razia in my deck. The text says “different creatures” but apparently you can only choose from the next 3 in the deck since my choice was between 3 Razias. This is not how it previously worked.

• Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    VI failed to deal damage for me when bringing out Ghalta on multiple occasions since the update.

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Not sure what the deal is, but I can confirm, too.. Tried several times in TG with VI and I was now getting whatever top three, not top three DIFFERENT and no damage to the AI's creature...  Yet, I swear it was working just the other day?..  

Anyway, +1 for something def. wrong with the spell, now.
  • Zzyzzx
    edited May 2019
    I'll even take this up a notch.
    Seems like Vivien's Invocation is working for some folks, we've seen it.
    I just had a situation where it worked for the opponent.
    And then, mystically, it worked for me and I was running Bolas (obviously it wasn't in my build).
    Samut cast VI, then dropped Ghalta as her 1st and only critter...I kept her field clean.

Then I cast Switcheroo, swapped Ghalta with a zombie token, and Ghalta killed the zombie with what looks like another triggered Vivien's Invocation. Fun times!

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah- VI seems to be working just fine.... IF it is in the opponents hands!!

• ReddMaxx
    ReddMaxx Posts: 54 Match Maker
    What is the status on this card?  This broken alot of my decks.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah just lost a match because VI didn't damage my opponent's creature.  It's still not working
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Everyone, the team is aware of the issues that are currently occurring with Vivien's Invocation, and these issues are being investigated.  
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    FYI this is now broken worse.  It will only cast for me the THIRD time i choose a creature.

So to be clear, cast it once and choose nothing happens, card still full mana.  2nd time, same.  3rd Time it casts.

I've only done this 3 times so there might be something a bit different but either way its seriously messed up now.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    It's even funnier/broken than that!..
    I cast it and summoned Zacama?.. It actually updated the board as Zacama would do! No Zacama of course...

Good grief, @Tombstone ! What the hec is your team doing???
    Don't you have any actual Quality Assurance people helping you test this stuff? 
    Sorry to gripe, but this is just plain ridiculous, now... 
    And, btw, it still doesn't give you a choice of 3 different creatures... 

1st Edit:
    OH, sorry, it only did that the first time..
    Or I guess that's a random thing. Most times it doesn't summon at all. I had three cast in a row and none of them actually summoned the creature I selected... Great! 

2nd Edit:
    Okay, so after 6 casts of the spell it finally worked.. I selected a different creature than Zacama and it showed up and then after that I selected a Zacama and he showed up.