Is Ghost not in the boost rotation?

AndiTi
AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
It occurred to me that Ghost was one of my first champed 4*s but I don't recall her ever being boosted. I went back and looked at some of the historic boost charts and I don't see her. Is this an accident or intentional? Is this the only character or are there others left out of the rotation and I just never noticed them?

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I remember her being boosted at least twice. She is a beast when boosted, her match damage alone hurts a lot but her red power is a finisher against every 4-star. 
    By the way does anybody know if Wiccan was ever boosted after his release week?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    My memory is hazy, but I feel fairly certain that Dazzler was released after her. If someone that was released after her is boosted now, then you likely just missed it, possibly due to not having her champed yet. Given the amount of 4s in the game now though, I couldn't tell you when she's due next. It used to be a few months apart at the most when you saw characters be boosted again, now I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Nico boosted again for a year. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    AndiTi said:
    It occurred to me that Ghost was one of my first champed 4*s but I don't recall her ever being boosted. I went back and looked at some of the historic boost charts and I don't see her. Is this an accident or intentional? Is this the only character or are there others left out of the rotation and I just never noticed them?
    I don't have the details, but she was definitely boosted at least once, because I remember champing her prepping for that period. She's a beastly boost.
    Ares76 said:
    By the way does anybody know if Wiccan was ever boosted after his release week?
    Again, I have no details, but he was boosted at least once.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like some more investigation is needed, but I was curious and looked at the Sneak Peeks for Nov ‘18 - May ‘19 and couldn’t find Wiccan in the boosted list once.

I wonder if they are skipping people who are less covered/champed.  There are now 80 4’s, and a 5 character boost list should mean that someone should show up about every 16 weeks, if they were simply rotating everyone. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember seeing Wiccan boosted in PvE.  B)

Ghost was definitely boosted after I champed her.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
       A forum user MPQ_Daywalker had a great resource to find out the boost list and who could possibly be coming up, but sadly the last entry was back in March (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/43012/weekly-buffed-characters-updated-3-23-19/p1 )  However, I think you're right; and the grid on the first page seems to confirm, I only remember her being boosted once; which is a shame because she hits really hard, especially when boosted.  I have Wiccan champed, but honestly I most likely wouldn't use him even if he was boosted but he does present an interesting "challenge" at least to collect AP in every color.  Being boosted would help him tank more colors which would somewhat raise his effectiveness.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I feel like some more investigation is needed, but I was curious and looked at the Sneak Peeks for Nov ‘18 - May ‘19 and couldn’t find Wiccan in the boosted list once.

I wonder if they are skipping people who are less covered/champed.  There are now 80 4’s, and a 5 character boost list should mean that someone should show up about every 16 weeks, if they were simply rotating everyone. 
    Yeah, I did a cursory search for "Ghost" in the Events sub-forum and never found Ghost on the weekly boosted list, although she was featured numerous times in PVE as well as her PVP.   I might have missed something, but it is odd that she wasn't showing up most obviously...
  • AndiTi
    edited May 2019
    Yes, I should have specified I meant the weekly boost rotation. I have seen Ghost featured in a specific event, but not on the weekly rotation.

Good callout on Wiccan. Didn't they come out around the same time?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    AndiTi said:
    Good callout on Wiccan. Didn't they come out around the same time?
    Wiccan was June and Ghost was July.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to follow up....I went back to the Sneak Peeks for the past year.

Ghost was boosted just one time, 8/16/18. 
    Spider-Man (IW) was boosted just once as well, 10/11/18.
    Wiccan and Emma have never been on the boost list.

Other, newer people seem to have been added to the rotation (Nebula 3x, Dazzler 3x, Domino/Bishop/Prowler 2x, etc)

Emma is obviously someone that no one wants to use or see boosted, but the others are OK.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Faced off against a Ghost in the Sabretooth PVP last night with Iron Fist 4 and Luke C4ge as my team and lost handily. I knocked out her two teammates, but couldn't match away her invisibility tiles with my chosen team, and she just cruised to a victory, knocking out all three of my team. Probably kept me from climbing with three more wins with that team, as I had to use the last two health packs I had. I have 18 health packs for this evening to climb the last 12 matches I need for the red cover (as I'm not going to get there on points). 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Faced off against a Ghost in the Sabretooth PVP last night with Iron Fist 4 and Luke C4ge as my team and lost handily. I knocked out her two teammates, but couldn't match away her invisibility tiles with my chosen team, and she just cruised to a victory, knocking out all three of my team. Probably kept me from climbing with three more wins with that team, as I had to use the last two health packs I had. I have 18 health packs for this evening to climb the last 12 matches I need for the red cover (as I'm not going to get there on points). 
    Like other invisibility mavens, Ghost demands priority service — as most other 5* match-damage dealers also do. So on two levels, you gotta get her downed first. The only real alternative is to be prepared for dealing plenty of AOE offense or bring War Machine or Vulture to target the invisibility tiles (isn’t there another character who can do that, too?). Obviously, with good black coverage Vulture can also stay airborne to avoid her match damage. 

Those are effective 4* tactics for Ghost. I don’t know what 3* or 5* players might do beyond the target first and use AOE approaches. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:

Those are effective 4* tactics for Ghost. I don’t know what 3* or 5* players might do beyond the target first and use AOE approaches. 
    Characters that go invisible always take priority for me.  Ghost, BSSM, Gwen or Miles.  Keeping some AoE ready to go is also a must.  Also helps with 5*Panther too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any attack that deals damage to random opponent will be able to deal damage to invisible characters. The same goes to characters who stun enemies randomly. Invisible characters will be affected.  Off the top of my head, I can think of Moon Knight and Spider-Gwen. Quake can destroy tiles up to certain number of chosen colour.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any attack that deals damage to random opponent will be able to deal damage to invisible characters. The same goes to characters who stun enemies randomly. Invisible characters will be affected.  Off the top of my head, I can think of Moon Knight and Spider-Gwen. Quake can destroy tiles up to certain number of chosen colour.
    War Machine Blue is a handy team-up to bring into fights where invisibility may come into play.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Peggy's Blue also works to stun them even if invisible (assuming they are "in back", which they always are as long as they are not the last one standing)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    Like other invisibility mavens, Ghost demands priority service — as most other 5* match-damage dealers also do. So on two levels, you gotta get her downed first. The only real alternative is to be prepared for dealing plenty of AOE offense or bring War Machine or Vulture to target the invisibility tiles (isn’t there another character who can do that, too?). Obviously, with good black coverage Vulture can also stay airborne to avoid her match damage. 

I believe one of the other teammates was a Doctor Strange, whose own AOE/Passive is on my first to deal with so I can use actual moves without taking 2,000 points or more of damage.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    To get back to the actual topic--
    bluewolf said:
    Just to follow up....I went back to the Sneak Peeks for the past year.

Ghost was boosted just one time, 8/16/18. 
    Spider-Man (IW) was boosted just once as well, 10/11/18.
    Wiccan and Emma have never been on the boost list.

Other, newer people seem to have been added to the rotation (Nebula 3x, Dazzler 3x, Domino/Bishop/Prowler 2x, etc)

Emma is obviously someone that no one wants to use or see boosted, but the others are OK.
    @Brigby, is this maybe an oversight?
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    If the devs don't fix this it would be very unfair to the people like me who spent their iso champing Wiccan and Gost instead of Nebula. I hope the decision to skip these characters in the last boost rotations was not intentional but an oversight that will be taken care of soon. 
  • AndiTi
    edited May 2019
    Ares76 said:
    If the devs don't fix this it would be very unfair to the people like me who spent their iso champing Wiccan and Gost instead of Nebula. I hope the decision to skip these characters in the last boost rotations was not intentional but an oversight that will be taken care of soon. 
    100% this. While it's not "promised" by any means, it's a pretty established pattern that we rotate five 4*/week and all non-limited 4* will receive an opportunity on a regular basis to be featured. I think the player base expects variations to occur with new characters, special events, etc and that's fine. But since players have to make choices about where to invest ISO, shouldn't it be known if specific 4* will not be included in the weekly featured boost rotation at all?