Softlock when exiling Spawnsire of Ulamog from your hand when Eye of Ugin [Investigating]

Options
Machine
Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

Some time ago, when the Return of the God Pharoah event ran, I used an Eldrazi deck with The Elrazi Desolation planeswalker. Two out of the four fights ended up in a softlock (causing me to lose points again), which I couldn't exactly pinpoint. I tried this deck several times in Training Grounds and now I'm able to replicate the issue with 100% certainty.

The issue happens when I exile a Spawnsire of Ulamog from my hand WHEN I'VE ALREADY PUT AN EYE OF UGIN ON THE BOARD. I would exile Spawnsire of Ulamog from my hand when I was about to match one of the activated gems of Eye of Ugin, because that would get another Spawnsire in my hand. When this issue happens, a discrepency exists between the number of cards displayed in hand and the actual number of cards in hand. You can close your hand to go back to the main screen, but it is no longer possible to match gems.

Please fix. This issue is 100% reproducable. Thanks.

//Edited title - Daiane 

Comments

• Machine
    Options
    Can you please investigate this issue? Like I already wrote, it is 100% reproducable.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Machine

Thank you for report! 
    I'll pass to the team for further investigation. 
  • Machine
    Options
    Any update on this?
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just played a match in Training Grounds, put Eye of Ugin on the board, then exiled Spawnsire of Ulamog on my next turn.  I did not have an issue with the game softlocking at that time.  
    You may wish to try it again to see if you can still reproduce the issue.
  • Machine
    Options
    @Enygma6
    Thanks for the heads up! Which PW were you using?