I would like a rank 3 yaro root please

Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
Oh, wait... there is literally no way to get a yaro root support. I noticed someone in PVE who was pretty fast with a much smaller roster had both a rank 3 atlantis and a rank 3 yaro root on Thor/Okoye. So this person is starting with 10 green in many matches, for sure at least 5. Kudos to them for lucking into these amazing supports for this team!

But I would like a chance at it, too.

Thanks.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe now that Endgamebration is over, some of the bigger issues in the game can be looked at?  Like the stagnant Support tokens since early March?

Or are they still thinking about it.....?
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Boost 2 green and you have no move required instant wins! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have both and they are great!!  
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe now that Endgamebration is over, some of the bigger issues in the game can be looked at?  Like the stagnant Support tokens since early March?

They scrapped the Supports events because they wanted to 'improve' upon it... but as always, it's taking them way too long again. 

I don't understand why they didn't leave the event in place in the meantime while they're cooking up improvements.

(... also, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they will be real improvements instead of an 'accidental' super nerf)
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Also, technically speaking all players also got semi borked in terms of Red Iso. The reward for a dupe Support was lowered because 'in the support PVE event we can earn more Red Iso'... but now we're stuck with no Support event and the lowered rewards, and have been stuck with the same set of attainable Supports so dupes get ever more likely*.

* supposing you still open Support tokens, which I don't. Hence only semi borked
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:

* supposing you still open Support tokens, which I don't. Hence only semi borked
    Still full borked.  Even if you open all the tokens from season placement, you have 0 chance at getting arc reactor baton stick, an inner sanctum.

i would welcome chance to buy another 40 pack.  Even at the reduced drop rate, I could at least count on getting a level 1 version of kra van
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    bluewolf said:

They scrapped the Supports events because they wanted to 'improve' upon it... but as always, it's taking them way too long again. 

I don't understand why they didn't leave the event in place in the meantime while they're cooking up improvements.

(... also, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they will be real improvements instead of an 'accidental' super nerf)
    The obvious answer is that stopping the event completely makes them more money than leaving it running.
    The support circuit vaults plus tokens with a smaller rotating set of supports significantly reduced the cost of acquiring supports.  Presumably it was cutting into the bottom line for the 2 day release vaults plus H4H offers they run for new support releases without replacing that revenue.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Things are a bit strange at the moment.

Not only just with Supports Circuit being on hold (the same "on hold" as Fight for Wakanda?) but am I the only one who expected some sort of Costumes bundle for Endgame? I guess it could still happen.

None of the new format Boss/Raid events have been ran again. Sure they need tweaking but that should be possible, right?

I guess we did get a second run of Cosmic Chaos.

Everything "new" seems to get abandoned in reasonably short order.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    The decision to make a 240 item vault, despite the fact that the ratios stayed the same and tokens were pretty easy to get, presented bad optics to players who, I'm sure, mostly avoided what looked like a bad deal and way too much RNG.

That said, the two day vault model wasn't working for them either, or they wouldn't have abandoned that.  (See the way they released Kra-Van and the Endgame Supports.)

Presumably they are trying to find something that players find acceptable while being able to generate some revenue.

It still feels bad and makes the game feel even more stale when they had something different to do and they remove it.

Supports are just a confused mess, yet are one of the only things vets can make consistent progress on.  While not truly game changing at least you could (before) feel like you were doing something day-to-day vs hoarding or pulling and getting the occasional cover you need for the 5's you are working on.

It just feels like the devs are a bit lost and confused about how to keep players engaged.  I find myself feeling more and more checked out as that drags on.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Step one: Release supports and Riso.
      *nowhere near enough Riso to effectively level them.
    Step two: Increase Riso payouts
      *we realize that actual support drops are way too rare and some just actively unaviable
    Step three: Release a ton of supports, but still very few ways to get them.
    Step four: Release new event structure to increase support availability, but reduce Riso compensation for duplicates.
      *Supports actually more easily attained, albeit not all of them and not frequently enough as most of them are still gated behind RNG
    Step five: Discontinuation of support event for "reworking."
      *Supports back to almost unattainable, reduced Riso costs not reinstated to original amounts, so now Riso and supports are less.
    Step six: Reduce support releases to almost nothing.

We really need a Bonus Hero option on Supports.  
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got Rank 4 of both and enjoy them. Not always faster than Grittynos, but solid. They were golden with that featured Sandman.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    You want a reasonable way to attain supports?  Yeah, good luck with that.

:D 
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I have both atlantis and yaro root... but each at only 2 stars.  Cue the sad trombone.