Alliance events -- final stretch duration

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
After the final refresh of side nodes in alliance events, the alliance event is open for only 4 hours longer. This has been the case for as long as I can remember. Why is this?

Not only doesn't it make sense (all other 'refreshes' last for 8 hours), but it also puts western european players at a disadvantage -- because the alliance event times are fixed, this final play window takes place at a very unconvenient time (1am-5am for the UK, 2am-6am for Germany/France/Netherlands).

Most alliances are not done with the event on day 2. If the last window was simply extended to last the full 8 hours, more players could find a moment to play for a final push.

Comments

• IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I was wondering the same thing.

Most of the time this is not a problem because we finish a boss on saturday but this time I missed the last personal progression reward on the second boss because I came up 100k short (needed about 3 more matches in round 7)

Getting up at 2 am on monday morning just isn't an option for me :-)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn’t it based on the event duration being 3.5 days? The extra 4 hours just happens to be the extra 12 hrs minus 1 refresh at 8hrs.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I agree. As a UK player, i always miss the last 4 hours. This run of civil war is the only exception, as i happen to be in Germany for work, and had to wake up early enough to mean that i could make the last 30 minutes.

It all worked out in the end though, as i was able to put the beatdown on iron man just enough times to get my alliance the third winter soldier cover.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie said:
    Isn’t it based on the event duration being 3.5 days? The extra 4 hours just happens to be the extra 12 hrs minus 1 refresh at 8hrs.
    But why should it have to be 3.5 days? What's to stop it being 3.67 days, via the final refresh lasting 8hrs?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I agree. As a UK player, i always miss the last 4 hours. This run of civil war is the only exception, as i happen to be in Germany for work, and had to wake up early enough to mean that i could make the last 30 minutes.

It all worked out in the end though, as i was able to put the beatdown on iron man just enough times to get my alliance the third winter soldier cover.
    Yeah, I doubt it is an issue for a hardcore alliance because they tend to finish the event long before the final day.

But as a more casual alliance, and with part of our players being based in an inconvenient time zone, this can really mean the difference of clearing one more round or not.

I think it would only be fair to make all refreshes 8 hours long.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could def have the event run the extra 5 hours so every window is the full eight hours..  Unlike regular events, it’s the start of the 8hr window that is more important than the end.  I don’t even think it’s an issue with overlaps in other events because it’s not really to your benefit to delay doing the side nodes.  And they always have the start of boss events overlap the finish of the prior pve.