Good new/bad news; how should I feel?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Bad news: I spent ~750 cp on "rescue me" tokens.

Good news: I got 14x 5* covers, put 5 champ levels on my roster-leading DD, added IM46 to my 5* champ bench, and have 1 of each color for the execrable rescue.  Sadly, no bonus 5*s.

Good use of cp, or bad use of cp?

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Good use, in my opinion. You got Rescue before she's a required for any nodes, despite how meh she might be, which will help you get some top placement in that event with optimal play and not have to dig into Latest Legend tokens later. You also added more champ levels to DD. Iron Man 46 is a decent champion as well. You're way ahead of the average with the amount of 5* pulls in that vault. 
    The not getting any bonus 5*s is the only thing that sucks with that much CP spend. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently blew through my LT hoard and out of 56 pulls from Latest Legends I got two five stars and not a single bonus hero (4 or 5). I'd say RNG smiled on you today, compared to my rotten luck.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Great pull ratio but I myself wouldn't have spent that much CP on that store. I always value CP much more than LL tokens due to the variety of stores you can use the CP in.   Daredevil is the only saving grace from this store imo, glad it worked out well for you! 
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2019
    Warbringa said:
    Great pull ratio but I myself wouldn't have spent that much CP on that store. I always value CP much more than LL tokens due to the variety of stores you can use the CP in.   Daredevil is the only saving grace from this store imo, glad it worked out well for you! 
    Yes, it was probably a bit foolish to spend so much on this mediocre store.  a 3x pull rate is hard to sneer at, however, and every other 5* champ level is basically a net neutral pull (yes, cp are better than LT, but the marginal advantage is small).  But I figured that pulling to get the new 5* is generally a fine idea, DD levels are straight up good for me, and getting IM46 champed was a good idea if it could be done at a reasonable cost.  I probably should have stopped after the first 400-500 cp, but I think I got something like 9x 5*s in my last 15 pulls, so it's hard to feel too bad.

If only I could have done anywhere near this well in the Kitty/thorkoye store in february. . .
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'm on the fence myself. My Tony is 454 and my Daredevil is 450, so a cover for either of them nets an LT. At the moment though I'm inclined to wait until she hits LLs. My goal is to champ all 5s, and I'm thinking that it ultimately saves me less pulls in the future when Doom & Hela leave Latest if I pull what I can for them while they are still there. I'll see how I feel after I earn all the "Rescue Me" tokens I can from this event though. 
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Wow, impressive 5* pull rate!  I pulled 195 LTs and champed GED and CM (Hela @1/4/4), and had 31x 5*s.  Zero bonus 5*s and only about four/five bonus 4*s.  My bonus draws are way below average so far ...
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Flat out, they need to increase the bonus rate of 5-Stars.

In close to 900 Legionaries pulled, I've gotten FOUR total, and one of those was a damn 6th cover at the time before Saved Covers...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pull rates are funny sometimes. I haven’t seen a BH 5 in a very long time but my overall pull rate has been good. Weirdly RNG seems to heavily prefer giving me a specific 5 out of latest. For instance, I’ve been pulling for Hela since she has entered packs and if every GEDoom I had pulled would have been a Hela she would be champed already. If every CM had been a Hela she would be a few covers short. 

As for the new store...I’m at 5 pulls. Pulled a 5 on third try, it was a DD yellow.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 700 CP in the store before I got my first Rescue cover (yellow).  However, my Daredevil got 3 covers to bring him to 5/4/2.  My Iron Man got 2 covers bringing him to 4/1/2, and one of the 4-stars was LVL 280 for America Chavez, which got my Jessica Jones up to 3/3/3.

I've got nothing to complain about here...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't the bonus hero rate 1 out of 20? You pulled only 14*.  :D
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    750 CP and 14 5*...this isn't a thread, just bragging about how half your pulls were fives. 
  • Vhailorx
    750 CP and 14 5*...this isn't a thread, just bragging about how half your pulls were fives. 
    I mean sure, it was a great pull rate.  But assume you opened 30 LTs and got 15 Wasps, how would you feel?

Rescue seems close to that level.  And IM46 was good on release but is well behind the power curve now.  Lots of 5* covers is great, but it's not like I was showered in meta covers or anything like that.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Bit hyperbolic saying 15 Wasps. 

I'd gladly swap your draws for the lousy rate I've been pulling since Cable. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I mean sure, it was a great pull rate.  But assume you opened 30 LTs and got 15 Wasps, how would you feel?

Rescue seems close to that level.  And IM46 was good on release but is well behind the power curve now.  Lots of 5* covers is great, but it's not like I was showered in meta covers or anything like that.
    It’s not like you didn’t know who was in the store when you pulled. You had an amazing pull rate and should feel bad because you didn’t pull all Daredevils?? I’m confused. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given that 16% of your pulls were DD, then the other 5*s can be considered added extras, plus its a vault you will never get again to have a dry spell on, it's all good news