Simulator question

Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,317 Chairperson of the Boards
Here's something I've never seen before and I'm hoping someone could explain it for me: Day 1 of PvE Simulator 1st grind over with on Round 1 and only 1 clear on the main Sim. Placement for Round 1 = 26th. Placement on whole event = 11th. 

Does participation work differently than in other events? I've always had the same ranking after Day 1 on other events. 

Interestingly, the are still only 899 participants at the end of Day 3 but there have been 1000 in each of the Rounds. 

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like you got a sparse slice, which always helps, but mostly, once you get to the final sub, all those who were just going for progression rewards or alliance minimums stop and do not bother with a final clear down. 
  • Scofie
    It's the same slice as usual and I would have been one of the first in as I'd just finished final clears of Heart of Darkness. 

I guess I don't understand how the slice allocates and how that relates to subchapters. For example,  the were players above me in the 1st subchapter that weren't above me in the main event?

If there were fewer players in the main slice after Round 1 I'd understand but it's been 1000 each day but fewer overall.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I think something else might be up with this Simulator event. I'm in the currently open CL.8 slice 3 bracket that stands at 928 at the moment, while the current sub 3 bracket is at 829 at the same time. Could be that some people are just not playing after having joined the event and if you don't play and win the opeing node on the main screen you simply never get assigned to a sub bracket. During sub 1 there were other people in the top 10 for the bracket than there were in the sub leader boards, so there seems to something strange happening compared to other PVE events, but my bet is on some form of hokey cokey going on with main and sub assignment during the first sub.

Could be I misunderstood the OP, if so sorry, and I guess there no real way of knowing what's going on, but I saw this weirdness when I joined the event and found it interesting.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d guess it has more to do with when/how the game pings the server than anything more sinister and/or bugged.  The same logic as to why you always check your standings after shielding in PVP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    The sub bracket is different from your main bracket (i know, i said slice earlier, my bad). The bracket for the main event, you enter the second you hit join, once it hits 1k, it flips and a new one starts.  You could get into one that never fills, say alot of players are in CL7 and CL9, so CL8 may get a single bracket flip, and the 2nd one may never fill (just an example).  For Subs, the same thing goes, but their brackets are separate from the main one. If you join a bracket at #997, beat the node to open sub, the sub may already be full, so it will looks like you started very high, but essentially that only helps with sub placement. 

It's late, if i have made an error, please correct me!
  • Scofie
    So I'd flipped into the 2nd main bracket and was still in the 1st sub bracket because I cleared the loaner node faster than some in the 1st main bracket?

That makes sense. It suited me well because I finished T10 for the first time in about 4.5 years.... 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    one of the flips of 3.8 had a split bracket, in that there were two brackets running at the same time, so that may have been having an impact on the numbers you were seeing in the main event window and subs