Some appreciation to the much-maligned Devs

Options
NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
I really do dig the near-constant updating of Simulator. It's a fun event because the devs take the time to update it and keep the nodes fresh. Good work!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shout out to that Thorkoye/Thanos node, I wonder how many non-pvp players wiped out on that?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree it is good work on the enemy variety. It's fun every time unlike the first time when I was not that strong and the Rogue and 5* Gambit team was kicking my butt. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shout out to that Thorkoye/Thanos node, I wonder how many non-pvp players wiped out on that?
    Eh. They're not that bad if Thor isn't starting at half health.
    Malcrof said:
    Exactly! This is why i would love to see a new Gauntlet, see what they can do to us there!
    Yup, couldn't agree more.  The Gauntlet was always about the challenge, not the prizes.  I was never able to finish the 3rd leg, but it was always something that I thought was achievable over time.  But, then they got rid of it.  It's not like those who finished it got a lot of rewards for finishing (what was it, like 1 4* cover and some odds and ends), but it was a way of gauging how your roster was progressing.  I understand why they got rid of Heroics (though, I would argue the boost lists essentially serve the same function, so why not bring them back for variety), but I never understood why the Gauntlet was scrapped :(
    Yeah, the last time they ran Gauntlet, I was still a 3* player, and didn't even have the Featured 4*. I'd like to see how I could do in it now. But it would have been cooler still if I'd been able to watch my Roster gradually doing better in it, rather than getting halfway through, and then suddenly two years later being able to crush it.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eh. They're not that bad if Thor isn't starting at half health.

Correct about his Half Health. Grocket/Gamora wrecked this node as I targeted Okoye first and then stunned Thor and finished him off (or targeted Thanos 2nd if I didn't have 6 Blue yet). I think Thanos got his Green CD placed once (didn't have time to resolve) and placed Infinite Power a couple times but otherwise they never fired a power.

KGB
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    I really do dig the near-constant updating of Simulator. It's a fun event because the devs take the time to update it and keep the nodes fresh. Good work!
    I agree 100%. I love that they use this PVE as one they update all the time.  They could also do this to DP vs MPQ as well since it is the same type of event, non goon.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ***Mod note: A part of this tread was split to accommodate discussion on bringing back the Gauntlet. There are one or two posts that addressed both the OP and the Gauntlet discussion and I decided it best to leave here as I can't duplicate a member's post. I apologize for any confusion.