Packing my bags to Quit. Here are some reasons.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
edited May 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Here's the list in no particular order..
  • Bugs/freezes
    There are a lot. I mean A LOT. But freezes have gotten so much better than before when it was SWW every event. But still, the shear number is unacceptable. I mean if resolution time was faster than a turtle, maybe - ha!
  • New bugs/freezes with bug/freeze fixes!
    This will always be an issue; overall, turn around time has increased. Despite this, it still lags very far behind anything considered timely.
  • Long wait times for any update/bug fix/issue resolution/etc.
    How long did it take to resolve Sphinx's Decree or get summon/cast objectives to function properly? But, super duper ninja fast fixes on anything that causes a loss of D3 money though - I am not amused.
  • Lack of emergency protocol for severe bugs/freezes/game-breaking issues (i.e. Sphinx's Decree)
  • Lack of card balance (nerfs/buffs/nerf+buffs)
    Priorities seem off, as Pathway Arrows and Hedron Archive have received recent changes and they aren't even significantly useful changes. Nevertheless, most likely due to future use within an event?
  • Lack of event boss health/PW health/node objectives balance
    Using only commons and uncommons on a 200+ health boss is not entertaining. Also, PWs are progressively getting more and more health yet older PWs as well as older cards are not being balance in accordance with this. However, there have been improvements to objectives.
  • Lack of new content relating to events/format/mini-games
    Anything other than plug in PW and bash - draft formats, dice rolling (like MTG life dice) related randomness, just a huge gem board layout and you match gems to get runes within a set amount of time or turns or if you match x gems you get a prize, MTGPQ uno with casting cost?, solitaire, etc. I know bad examples; but, the possibilities are endless.
  • Lack of new content relating to "purchasable extras/premiums" (i.e. PW picture skins, game backgrounds, player level skins outside of card pictures, deck slot skins, etc.)
    Why is this not being monetized? There are tons of card art reprints of the same card, you could sell special profile avatars that give bonus XP, or a 10% increase in mana crystal rewards, etc.
  • Lack of communication about upcoming highly sensitive materials/updates/etc
    This got better with in-game inbox notifications and MTGPQ Bugs/Technical forum. Also, asking for player advice on how to implement Legendary cards, was it? But the LPS and VIP was Sneak Attack status. (tap 1 red) put ridiculous nonsense into play. Guess what? You are going to have to sacrifice it in the end...
  • Lack of player engagement/involvement
    You were doing contests. Things looked good and hopeful; then, evaporated. You should of had players do some design work for the game like build this PW's custom deck, submit a new skin for this PW, etc.
  • Lack of basic knowledge of the MTG game and MTGPQ game
  • Lack of appropriate planning, priority time allotment, and potential collateral damage assessments
    This is on a project/business level. So much misery for the company and the players could have been mitigated; but alas, who doesn't want a little pain? Open up that Black Vise!
  • "Value Town" uhhh?
    I'm sorry who was this for - the business or the players? Suspicious
  • Lack of knowledge of real world market prices for comparable digital products
    Just be reasonable, I only have two kidneys and preferably I want to keep it that way. The Hour of Devastation Mythic + 2 other Mythics for 5 bucks a good deal... hint* hint*
  • Terrible in-game customer service
    They always say they will get back to me.. never have they gotten back to me when they utter these words unless I decide to hit 'em up first. In fact, there have been a few tickets that dissolved into oblivion because I didn't follow up. I am beginning to think that it is part of the customer service manual protocol. Suspicious.
  • Lack of booster pack pity timers
    (This section could be debatable) There have been significant other improvements like rare/mythic only booster prize packs, crafting, increased rewards in certain events, etc. Despite this, there's just a lack of balance between time required to accrue resources vs the pack opening (only referring to prem. packs) feel good. Even if you increased just rare drop rate a bit so that people at least feel good instead of empty could be cool. I just don't feel good opening packs; consequently, you end up not wanting to waste resources or bothering opening a bag of disappointment.
  • Time invested vs rewards payout imbalance
    (This section could be debatable) But, look, just balance the two. I am not asking for a huge payout but the reward should be reflective of the amount of time invested. Honestly, RT was quite generous for the amount of play required - it was worth the time. I am not suggesting all events should provide rewards on the same level but it should feel worth it, especially for those 5 node 3 day excursions. Otherwise, make the events less time consuming.
  • Lack of event start/end time cushions
    Time zones, need I say more? Well, 6 hours doesn't work. The minimum should be 15+ hours.
  • Node starting charges, node refresh timer, node max charges Imbalance
    Charges upfront? Remove max charges limit? Increase gap between node starting charges and node max charges? Just make it more comfortable. Let me play at a comfortable pace without having to worry about losing a charge week in and week out. This game should not be the boss of my life schedule; it should be me. Unfortunately, even with an average 22hr (8+8+6hrs) gap from node starting charges and node max charges, I feel annoyed. I am not awake for 22 hrs at a time with nothing better to do with my life during those 22 hours. This problem shouldn't even exist.
  • Implications of masterpiece card "Slaughterpact" not being obtainable in Elite Pack when it is the last Masterpiece available from 400 Mana Jewel Elite Pack.
    Suspicious. Previous elite packs having the same shady practices take root. In fact, I have screenshots of a customer service representative clearly stating "Slaughterpact" was not available from a a Mythic+ 400 Mana Jewel Pack; but only, from the Rare+ Elite pack only. However, "Slaughterpact" was visible from both Mythic+ and Rare+ Elite packs.
  • Implications of suddenly changing Elite pack contents to be mismatched with one of the "viewable cards" sections
    Suspicious. And this was right around when Elite packs became officially non-dupe. This reminds of me RT disappearing as we get VIP packages...
  • Implications of absurd decision to change the 3 card free booster to a 1 card free booster
    Suspicious. Thank goodness this was changed back.
  • Lack of information on what booster pack drop rates really reflect.
    Like a premium 5-card pack having 30% chance for a mythic; well, more like 6% chance x 5 packs = 30%. Suspicious.
  • Loop Prevention System Gen. 1 (18 secs?)
    All I got is "lol." Luckily you avoided that disaster with the help of who? Right, the community you don't lean on but underhandedly "exploit." Sorry, this is complete bias; but, ultimately the feeling your company has left me with.
  • Loop Prevention System Gen. 2 (180 secs?)
    Why is this still here? OH! I get it, the player profile levels fail was the bigger news to cover this issue up so it never gets addressed now? I am get snarky as this goes... eh? Please put it on the AI side not the player side and create a "stop loop" toggle in menu.
  • Loop Prevention System Hint/Notification
    DUDE. I don't need my game to stop after every time the LPS activates. Like, DUDE, seriously.
  • Player profile levels mismatch / stolen EXP rewards
    Well, other people provided the screenshots and I am pretty sure you still haven't provided the rewards for that secondary level increase. Can I borrow 1,000 dollars? Although this money is rightfully yours and you earned it by investing time at a job, I want you to know I wont give it back to you - thanks. Not suspicious at all. This doesn't even affect me but certainly shows me the core values of this business.
  • Power Saving Mode
    On or off my battery dies. diarrhea FAST. How do I know this? I replaced my phone battery with a brand new one. MTGPQ significantly drained my battery faster than Gems of War (different game). Is this just a button with a label with no function? Suspicious.
  • Visual Aid
    Better than nothing; but, did you guys bail on this project? It's not anywhere near complete. A skip button would go a long ways...
  • LONG loading times
    Moving anywhere in this app is slow. I have to watch a movie as I play this game now because it is unbearable for me to wait 30 seconds to get into a game and another 30 seconds to get out of a game. Are we in the 90s? Were Playstation I load times this long?
  • Constant recycling of events
    Its always the 50th time you play the same event that the real fun begins.
  • Sudden disappearance of RT and announcement of VIP pay
    Perfect timing and suspicious. I am going to run out of eyebrows to raise.
//EDIT Added:
  • Lack of "Private" setting for Player Profile
    I am very keen on privacy for a multitude of things. Too bad I never used this feature because there no way to not broadcast my favorite decks or just limit them to only my coalition. Can you please broadcast your drop rates formula? Yeah, thought so.
  • Player Profile decks are just direct copies of existing PW decks
    Did this change yet? Sure wish they had more functionality other than being tied to my existing deck slots.
  • VIP pay
    Code name: Beta Tester... that pays money to beta test. Getting chummy, chump, chump.
There sure are a lot of the same word "suspicious" in my list. You have to wonder... why would I trust this business? Why should I stay? Why should I trust that things will change? Sometimes you have to realize a bad investment and cut your losses.

My bags are packed
I own two phones - my main (has mobile data) and my stay-at-home (only WIFI). Yesterday, I uninstalled MTGPQ and LINE (coalition) from my main phone. Then I proceeded to install Gems of War (only played about 2 weeks but far more stable) on my main phone. Clearly, my priorities have changed.

I did end up installing MTGPQ and LINE on my stay-at-home phone; but obviously, I wont be playing it much or at all. I still have an assortment of 171 unopened packs in my vault, 2207 pinkies, and 1439 mana crystals with nothing worth using it on. I am waiting for the 3.4 drop. I am also waiting to see how the company plans on proceeding with the future of this game and its many issues; particularly, VIP and Rising Tensions. All I can say is that I am ready to jump ship; whether I do or not, I cannot say with 100% certainty. However, I do believe my time with MTGPQ is slowly coming to an end in the near future, unfortunately.

Hopefully, your company can learn from this post. Additionally, I would like to highly recommend your company read a book called "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek. And lastly, I strongly advise you research your competition; namely, "Gems of War" Good luck to you all.

Comments

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I have been told on Slack that VIPs do not get the same buggy mess as the rest of players
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    @jmpark great post 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • [Deleted User]
    Theros said:
    I have been told on Slack that VIPs do not get the same buggy mess as the rest of players
    In that case, please take my money that I don't donate to charities.. my money seems have lost its way in my wallet and has no better destination to go to..

• [Deleted User]
    Added:
    • Lack of "Private" setting for Player Profile
      I am very keen on privacy for a multitude of things. Too bad I never used this feature because there no way to not broadcast my favorite decks or just limit them to only my coalition. Can you please broadcast your drop rates formula? Yeah, thought so.
    • Player Profile decks are just direct copies of existing PW decks
      Did this change yet? Sure wish they had more functionality other than being tied to my existing deck slots.
    • VIP
      Code name: Beta Tester... that pays money to beta test. Getting chummy. chump chump.
  • Magic123
    Magic123 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Good long post with alot of good points, its a shame that the devs don't care, there are alot of cool things they could do to make money if they were creative, which they aren't, really. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    ****, I didn't even pack. The buildings on fire and I leapt out the window.

I "quit" a couple weeks ago, calling it a break. The break is a lie and I'm just done with the game.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    With the lack of content now , I've just gone back to playing Puzzle and Dragons more. I'll play the coalition events , but things are getting stale recently.
  • [Deleted User]

Brakkis said:
    tinykitty, I didn't even pack. The buildings on fire and I leapt out the window.

I "quit" a couple weeks ago, calling it a break. The break is a lie and I'm just done with the game.
    LOL. I can't jump I want to be sure to take these D3Go manufactured bags of salt to treasure for the many dagger wounds on my back.

"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" - Maya Angelou

• HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Thicc diatribe. Good luck with your future endeavors. Definitely feel ya
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    I lost a perfect run again, this time in Race to Orazca due to some targeting bug with Invert. I killed one creature with -3 and the game wouldn't allow me to target his second creature with the +3. It didn't have hexproof. I waited until LPS kicked in, but that also didn't help. Select button also didn't work. I posted somewhere else that this time I will contact support to get what I'm due, because without RT there is no reasonable way for me to get resources. They had better not respond with the default questions.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Haven't really played for a few weeks myself, my other mobile game is in maintenance today so I thought I'd try ToA. First match on green node I run into their bug of tokens not getting counted for Summon. Took all of 2 matches for me to run into an issue.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    stikxs said:
    Haven't really played for a few weeks myself, my other mobile game is in maintenance today so I thought I'd try ToA. First match on green node I run into their bug of tokens not getting counted for Summon. Took all of 2 matches for me to run into an issue.
    To be fair, the update that is supposed to fix this (and a lot of the other) issue hasn't come out yet.  3.4 is running a couple weeks late at this point.

Try again in another couple weeks and see if it works then!  (that's what I'm doing.  Havent touched the app other than to collect the daily rewards all week and it feels fine)
  • Tengu316
    Tengu316 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I'm not quitting, but that's mostly because of my investment in time and money. I have, tho, cut way back on my playing until 3.4 (which I'm staying hopelessly optimistic about). I just get tired of having to redo perfectly good decks to work around this bug or that fix or this fix for that bug. I think the "rework" of the steal mechanic for two very specific cards and no other cards or abilities using steal kinda got to me, then the "Not Now" thing sealed the deal.
  • [Deleted User]
    Machine said:
    I lost a perfect run again, this time in Race to Orazca due to some targeting bug with Invert. I killed one creature with -3 and the game wouldn't allow me to target his second creature with the +3. It didn't have hexproof. I waited until LPS kicked in, but that also didn't help. Select button also didn't work. I posted somewhere else that this time I will contact support to get what I'm due, because without RT there is no reasonable way for me to get resources. They had better not respond with the default questions.
    Did your issue get resolved? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Tengu316 said:
    I'm not quitting, but that's mostly because of my investment in time and money. I have, tho, cut way back on my playing until 3.4 (which I'm staying hopelessly optimistic about). I just get tired of having to redo perfectly good decks to work around this bug or that fix or this fix for that bug. I think the "rework" of the steal mechanic for two very specific cards and no other cards or abilities using steal kinda got to me, then the "Not Now" thing sealed the deal.
    Hopelessly optimistic. Totally feel you. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    jimpark said:
    Did your issue get resolved? 

Unfortunately not. My ticket got escalated but in the end, the message was the same. "Go forget yourself".

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh man, I am really sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, most people have been down that road..