Do you ever take AI Team-ups?

Options
2»

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't used a team-up in years.  Whatever auto-selects comes with me, but I never care otherwise.

90% of my teams have Okoye in them, so spending TU is not recommended.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought of another category that I sometimes keep. Things that change tile colours, like Inhuman Stretchiness, GSBW's purple, even Thunder Strike. They mostly generate green, for some reason. It would be cool to have a few more that created some other, specific colour.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I thought of another category that I sometimes keep. Things that change tile colours, like Inhuman Stretchiness, GSBW's purple, even Thunder Strike. They mostly generate green, for some reason. It
    would be cool to have a few more that created some other, specific colour.
    Off the top of my head:

3* Fist has a cheap Purple power that creates Black tiles
    3* Doom has a medium Blue power that transforms Blue to Black
    3* Mystique has an expensive Blue power that transforms Red/Green/Yellow into Blue and Black
    3* Cyclops has a cheap Yellow than transforms TU into Red
    3* Rags has a cheap Red that creates Blue
    4* Iron Man has a medium Blue that converts Green to Red
    4* Iceman has a medium Purple that converts Red to Blue
    4* Sandman has medium Purple that swaps tiles and converts some to Yellow

There are probably others I've missed. The Doom and Mystique TU's are easy to get from the Meet Rocket and Groot event and I always have a couple of those (along with a Whales from the Deadpool node). Rags is easy to get as well from all the PvE nodes.

KGB
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s always better to get TUs from your alliance. I seem to remember, but can’t find the link, that TUs from your alliance come as though there are 5 covers in the skill (regardless of the actual cover distribution on the character in that person’s roster). If you take TUs from PvE I think they only have two covers as an example. It might be different in PvP but I haven’t got the patience to figure it out. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I recently learned that the game scales your teamups depending on the level of characters on your roster in that tier. I know I don't have this exactly right, but it seems

3* Teamups come in at least Lv. 166 if you have 3-star champs, however I have a GSBW one at 266 for some reason. Maybe beating one in Simulator? 
    4* Teamups come in at least Lv. 270 if you have 4-star champs, however I have a few Lv. 370 Winter Soldiers after taking on some maxed champs in his PVP
    5* Teamups come in at least Lv. 450 if you have 5-star champs. These used to come in at Lv. 255 for me before I champed some 5s, but now that I do I've gotten some that are Lv. 457 and Lv. 454. 

I didn't used to really bother with teamups beforehand, but now that I'm fighting champed 5s in PVP and getting much higher quality ones? Oh you better believe I'm looking for those Asgardian Tactics, Defenstrate, and Piercing Throw TUs to instantly turn the tide of battle in my favor. It allows me access to powers at the 5-star champ level that I won't actually have myself for some time, which allows me to take on some opponents I might shy away from other under circumstances.  
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    KGB said:
    I thought of another category that I sometimes keep. Things that change tile colours, like Inhuman Stretchiness, GSBW's purple, even Thunder Strike. They mostly generate green, for some reason. It
    Off the top of my head:

3* Mystique has an expensive Blue power that transforms Red/Green/Yellow into Blue and Black

There are probably others I've missed. The Doom and Mystique TU's are easy to get from the Meet Rocket and Groot event and I always have a couple of those (along with a Whales from the Deadpool node). Rags is easy to get as well from all the PvE nodes.

KGB
    Yeah, my brain was not working so well yesterday afternoon. MNMags also has one that generates blue with precision and red randomly. Both 3* and 5* StarLord can turn tiles of the enemy's strongest colour into green Charged tiles, and IM46 can turn them into red. Riri turns whatever ends up in the middle after the swaps to red. I'm not always as much of a fan of the ones that have restrictions on what colour they can target, tho, so I don't usually take Infiltration, Technopathic Strike, etc. But 3Fist, MNMags, and Riri, I should have remembered.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Off the top of my head:

KGB
    Yeah, my brain was not working so well yesterday afternoon. MNMags also has one that generates blue with precision and red randomly. Both 3* and 5* StarLord can turn tiles of the enemy's strongest colour into green Charged tiles, and IM46 can turn them into red. Riri turns whatever ends up in the middle after the swaps to red. I'm not always as much of a fan of the ones that have restrictions on what colour they can target, tho, so I don't usually take Infiltration, Technopathic Strike, etc. But 3Fist, MNMags, and Riri, I should have remembered.

Problem with the 4* TU's is they are very hard to get. Essentially you have to request them from alliance members or play a lot of lightning rounds when they are boosted. So I sort of discount the 4* I mentioned since I rarely get them. As for Riri, I deliberately omitted her power from the list since she's doing board shake AND damage too so her power is quite different than just plain tile color changing (though it's obviously the best of all of them because of the extra stuff it does).

3*Fist, Doom and Mystique all convert to Black. That's super handy if you are running God Emperor Doom since those Black tiles really help fuel his Black nuke. If you (or anyone else) is using him you might want to consider investing in a bunch of those TU's.

KGB
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I’ll take whales team ups that drop. Sometimes I’ll get an mbw that stuns for five turns
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    KGB said:
    KGB said:
    Off the top of my head:

KGB

Problem with the 4* TU's is they are very hard to get. Essentially you have to request them from alliance members or play a lot of lightning rounds when they are boosted. So I sort of discount the 4* I mentioned since I rarely get them. As for Riri, I deliberately omitted her power from the list since she's doing board shake AND damage too so her power is quite different than just plain tile color changing (though it's obviously the best of all of them because of the extra stuff it does).

3*Fist, Doom and Mystique all convert to Black. That's super handy if you are running God Emperor Doom since those Black tiles really help fuel his Black nuke. If you (or anyone else) is using him you might want to consider investing in a bunch of those TU's.

KGB
    Good point about the odds of getting 4* teamups. I've only got a handful of covers for GED, and don't regularly run anyone who needs more than a handful of black to get going, so that's not such a big deal for me.