Please stop nerfing defensive characters when boosting them - XPool, Thing, Bishop, etc.

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
XPool is boosted for Heart of Darkness this week. I don't like that. The damage threshold for my level 300 XPool's X-Enforcer goes from 1,626 to 3,515. That means XPool's allies are going to take hit after hit after hit while Xpool just stands around unconcerned. I'm guessing it's even worse for a boosted level 370 XPool.

The same "nerf" happens when you boost other defensive characters like Thing and Bishop.

Yes, it is a nerf. These characters actually become worse when they're boosted because their defensive abilities now require their allies to take substantially larger hits before they'll actually do anything about it.

That said, there is a solution available to me.

While my XPool is still only 300, assuming I'm still playing that long I'm going to eventually need a dupe XPool.
I may as well build a dupe now, level him a little bit for survivability but not actually make him a Champion, then I'll just use the low level dupe whenever he's boosted. 
At least then he won't just stand around watching, scratching his privates (knowing Deadpool), while his allies get beaten to death.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the flip side, if the devs implement your suggestion, PvP will be hell for players whenever this group of characters are boosted (based on level ~270), including 5* players, maybe.

1) eating ~7k of damage of X Force passive cd because you dealt ~1300 damage to his team members;

2) Triggering Boosted Thing's passive protect tiles for dealing ~1300 damage to his team-mates that reduces your match damage to 1.

3) triggering Bishop's passive and eating his boosted red passive turn after turn.

To summarise, you can't deal more than ~1300 damage (more or fewer depending on their levels ) to these so-called group of "nerfed" characters when they are boosted, and at the same time, having to deal with 25k to 60k of HP as 3* or 4* players.