Another Dr. Strange 5* cover in HFH?

SlappyDingle
SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
Am I delusional or is this second 5* Dr. Strange cover they've offered in the HFH store recently? Has the order of 5* cover releases gone random?

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    Nope . Endgame celebration. Everyone suspected a feeder announcement but so far NOTHING
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm tempted to buy this one as my Strange is 2/3/2 and getting specific 5* covers is so flipping hard.  Let me take that back.  Getting ANY 5* cover lately, for me, has been so flipping hard.  My luck has been awful with LTs and CPs.  My tracking has me at 2.8% over the past two months.  Hence my thought of just spending the CPs on this cover.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time a person is a 5* essential, the HFH store offers their cover.  Latest people cost 500 CP, Classics cost 250 CP.

Strange is being run about 2 weeks after his last one, which is the really unusual thing.  (Hello?  Feeder?)

In case people are wondering, it takes about 9 months or so to rotate the Classic 5's through the essentials with the current pool.  So buying a cover you want now could make a lot of sense.

Strange, however, is not quite meta enough to warrant anything besides a 13th cover or getting him feeder-able (maybe).  In my opinion, anyway.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Nabistay said:
    Nop . Endgame celebration. Everyone suspected a feeder announcement but so far NOTHING
    Them continuing to call business as usual a "celebration" is pretty embarrassing at this point. 
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Last time it was a yellow cover and I needed it to make my Strange 450, but I did not have 250 CPs to get it.
    This time it is blue, the only cover I have 5 for, and this time I have the 250 CPs.... *grumble*
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nabistay said:
    Nop . Endgame celebration. Everyone suspected a feeder announcement but so far NOTHING
    Them continuing to call business as usual a "celebration" is pretty embarrassing at this point. 
    Stores and sales are not a celebration.  They did have the one celebratory distraction once a day though and a feeder after months of no feeders..  So progress?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Nabistay said:
    Stores and sales are not a celebration.  They did have the one celebratory distraction once a day though and a feeder after months of no feeders..  So progress?
    They should have condensed the "celebration" into the week where they had double iso.
    Stretching that series of non-events over six weeks is a bad joke.
  • pheregas

They should have condensed the "celebration" into the week where they had double iso.
    Stretching that series of non-events over six weeks is a bad joke.
    Yeah.  Didn't help that their double iso week really only held one PVE in it and no LRs.  I'd complain, but I'm post-iso so whatevs. My heart goes out to the rest of you though.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    pheregas said:
    Nabistay said:
    Yup, but the continuing update of regular event posts in the celebration thread is hilarious, at least.

Or they're trying to pull a jedi mind trick on us. "All this stuff is celebration content. These aren't just normal events or sales you're looking at." 
  • pheregas

Yup, but the continuing update of regular event posts in the celebration thread is hilarious, at least. 
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The best part of this game and what keeps me coming back is the community.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Nabistay said:
    Especially when the Double ISO spigot only trickled for one PVE and two PVPs.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Double ISO has been getting lazier for a while now. LRs are consistently left out. Some times there’s a cursory ‘Oops, we forgot about lightning rounds. Here have a derisory amount of extra iso’ but it seems even that has gone by the wayside. 

I expect what’s happening is that they realise that it’s difficult to party hard for six weeks so we start off slowly then have a bit of a rest in the middle, lest things get too manic, and then wind gently down to the end. We wouldn’t want the player base getting overstimulated by the celebration of the culmination of a decade of MCU events.