Support Distribution is worse than ever

2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    You can view an opponents equipped support and its rank/level on the roster screen. What am I missing?
    What you're missing, maybe, is that it takes a minimum of 14 extra taps/clicks to view three characters and their Supports using the roster screen, plus whatever time you need to take to find the 3 characters who are likely spread out among 2-3 tiers and various levels.

It is not a fast or intuitive process and I think they need to find a way to make that easier when/if they implement Supports on defense in PVP.

It does not go well with the intended design of PVP, which seems to be quick matches and hoping to outclimb your competitors.  
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jp1 said:
    You can view an opponents equipped support and its rank/level on the roster screen. What am I missing?
    Would be much better if there was someway we didn't have to go rooting around for it and it was made available in a more simple way.
    Oh. For sure, if they place them in a competitive environment like PVP that would be ideal.

On the topic of supports, it would be great if we could “roster” the multiples rather than sell them for a negligible amount of red iso. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    jp1 said:
    Would be much better if there was someway we didn't have to go rooting around for it and it was made available in a more simple way.
    Oh. For sure, if they place them in a competitive environment like PVP that would be ideal.

On the topic of supports, it would be great if we could “roster” the multiples rather than sell them for a negligible amount of red iso. 
    JP, this was brought up before with Smokey and his dupe Rockett. The dupe character will not carry the support so the question was asked if this was correct or not.  If the answer is no, then why cannot we get dupe supports.  Not saying this is the right thing or not, but the question was never answered either way. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until they clean up the supports interface, they will be largely useless to me. I have 34 supports, none higher than a rank 3, all levelled to max with a million riso left over, and I don't know what any of them do or which heroes have which supports equipped. I assigned a few of the better ones to the characters I use frequently in PvE and forgot about them. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been pretty happy putting the Chewie support on Kitty: it's only a rank 2, but does the job quite well.  When Kitty is paired with R&G, being able to get an attack tile out in the first few turns is really noticeable.
    The most useful effect from the other supports I've got equipped is tile fortification.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I've been pretty happy putting the Chewie support on Kitty: it's only a rank 2, but does the job quite well.  When Kitty is paired with R&G, being able to get an attack tile out in the first few turns is really noticeable.
    The most useful effect from the other supports I've got equipped is tile fortification.
    I have 3* element guns on kitty. A 48.9% chance to fortify a special on every match she makes. Which if she is paired with grocket and a boosted 3 is most matches on the board. 

Any time she fires a power (which she can do often due to low costs) there is a 39.92% chance of placing a strength 147 attack tile.

It also increases her yellow match damage by 84.

Anyone that says supports are useless or pointless are not paying attention. They are however a pain in the rear to aquire.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    I wouldn't say they are totally useless, but given the inability to aquire them other than the basic token (thru RNG) and such a limited pool of draws make them irrelevant. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    jamesh said:
    I have 3* element guns on kitty. A 48.9% chance to fortify a special on every match she makes. Which if she is paired with grocket and a boosted 3 is most matches on the board. 

Any time she fires a power (which she can do often due to low costs) there is a 39.92% chance of placing a strength 147 attack tile.

Anyone that says supports are useless or pointless are not paying attention. They are however a pain in the rear to aquire.
    for the millionth time, since they are a pain to acquire, they are pointless and useless.  continuing to argue like that isn't a valid complaint is a better example of not paying attention.  anyone reading this needs to know that it is *literally* impossible for them to get that same support you have.  and you had to overcome a mountain of luck and rng just to get to it, especially at a 3* level.

if someone started playing today, i could tell them how to play, plan resources, etc, and give them a certain expectation of what covers they would get, and when they would acquire them.  how to win them through progression and placement, champ rewards, etc.  no one can give any guarantees with supports, even before they put them in a limbo/hiatus.  

• tiomono
    tiomono said:
    jamesh said:

for the millionth time, since they are a pain to acquire, they are pointless and useless.  continuing to argue like that isn't a valid complaint is a better example of not paying attention.  anyone reading this needs to know that it is *literally* impossible for them to get that same support you have.  and you had to overcome a mountain of luck and rng just to get to it, especially at a 3* level.

if someone started playing today, i could tell them how to play, plan resources, etc, and give them a certain expectation of what covers they would get, and when they would acquire them.  how to win them through progression and placement, champ rewards, etc.  no one can give any guarantees with supports, even before they put them in a limbo/hiatus.  

Where did I say the lack of availability on supports is not a valid complaint. I have that same complaint and even said so in my post. You need to chill out.

I guess I am rngesus then since I have 7 4* supports, 7 3* supports, 20 2* supports, and 6 1* supports. That's 40 total out of 56. Do you know how I got them? Actually spending my hp on chasing them when they have special stores. But sure go on believing that they are impossible to get.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    jamesh said:

Where did I say the lack of availability on supports is not a valid complaint. I have that same complaint and even said so in my post. You need to chill out.

I guess I am rngesus then since I have 7 4* supports, 7 3* supports, 20 2* supports, and 6 1* supports. That's 40 total out of 56. Do you know how I got them? Actually spending my hp on chasing them when they have special stores. But sure go on believing that they are impossible to get.
    yes, that is precisely the point, and one that i also seem to have to repeat.  

go back and look at pretty much every thread discussing supports.  invariably, someone will come to their defense.  lo and behold, they hold a high opinion of supports due to the fact they have a "good" one and the rest of us need to chill out.   if they were so lucky just by chasing them, we should all be as well, right?  

wrong.  i have 36.  but only one 4*.   Of the 8 3* that i have, 4 can only be equipped to villains.  i, too, chased them.  i spent on the 300 item support vaults, getting the daily every day because i am well into HP positive territory.  i played the support circuits.  when they were available to obtain, i tried to obtain them.  

which brings us back to the beginning.  even if i had the best supports, i would still have a problem with their distribution, because it impacts everyone, not just me.  but sure, go on believing that because you got yours, that there isn't a problem.  the numerous threads and posts about it are just whiners and unlucky, so we should just shut up and accept what the game puts out, and be happy with what we got.  Got it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    jamesh said:

yes, that is precisely the point, and one that i also seem to have to repeat.  

go back and look at pretty much every thread discussing supports.  invariably, someone will come to their defense.  lo and behold, they hold a high opinion of supports due to the fact they have a "good" one and the rest of us need to chill out.   if they were so lucky just by chasing them, we should all be as well, right?  

wrong.  i have 36.  but only one 4*.   Of the 8 3* that i have, 4 can only be equipped to villains.  i, too, chased them.  i spent on the 300 item support vaults, getting the daily every day because i am well into HP positive territory.  i played the support circuits.  when they were available to obtain, i tried to obtain them.  

which brings us back to the beginning.  even if i had the best supports, i would still have a problem with their distribution, because it impacts everyone, not just me.  but sure, go on believing that because you got yours, that there isn't a problem.  the numerous threads and posts about it are just whiners and unlucky, so we should just shut up and accept what the game puts out, and be happy with what we got.  Got it.
    You do realize we have the same viewpoint on availability right? But sure you can put words in my mouth to try and make a point. I'm done discussing it.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Indeed, you're arguing the same point, and you're both right. Some of those supports are amazing. I don't currently use them, but that's more from my own quirks... but I can't wait until I do! But I have to wait, and the waiting got worse. I started purchasing supports in the last couple months when they offered the support tokens that yielded a 5* with a much higher frequency (never got one). Now it's even harder to get a 5* because they claimed they made them more accessible by offering them in trashier tokens?

It'd be rarer than a blue moon before I earned a 5* through these lowered rates on the higher end tokens, which makes me not want to expend *any* game resources beyond actual playtime, and now they've stalled that too. I can only hope they're working out a middle ground between the two distribution methods. I didn't mind playing in the weekly linked support events even though they'd never yield a 5*... well, maybe a single 5* every 3 years. May as well be never.