Well I tried

Options
Mojo
Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Saved 1600 pinks over last two months since I’ve been back. Spent $50 on M19 packs and still no BSZ.  Congrats to others who got it you can continue playing.  Being in plat tier without it makes game unplayable.  No matter how much thought or prep you put into a deck it doesn’t matter. 

Everyone who who does not have BSZ will come to this same conclusion eventually. 

People can can say they are quitting for other reasons, but I think the mass exodus is due to the helplessness people feel from facing this card.  

Ive been playing games for 45 years.  I like a challenge.  As long as winning at some point is possible and here it is not.  New logo should be BSZ pg.  MTG should be removed from the name because no one is going to gather.  

Comments

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    BSZ was like the cycling card (That I still do not have BTW) combo of a previous generation.  I just had to wait for it to rotate out.  I got REALLY lucky when opening a pinky months ago and out of 21 cards, I got BSZ!   I still only have 2 mythic/mp cards from that set....
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    to get bsz, have to focus in it.
    i have two bsz,
    first bsz in my main account (plat), took 2 month to get it.
    second is in my my alt today (silver), get it today (a bit delay due to dilution by exclusive into the EP).
    both account got it as very latter card in that EP.

since there arent dupe on 400 EP anymore,
    no need to spend real cash anymore, just grind and focus

• Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was super lucky to get it very early on in one of my first elite packs. I don't make blue decks without it, its mandatory. Also it makes my non-blue Pw's feel weak. 

The card should be rare, not masterwork. Then the devs will realise just how broken it is. 

Rarity should not be an excuse for allowing cards to be stupidly overpowered. 
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I worked to get my EP down to two cards BSZ and Hungering Hydra. Now the only one I'm missing is Hungering Hydra. 
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Sorry it turned out that way for you @Mojo:s 

But TBH, I'm in plat and I didn't need BSZ to win. I had 1 loss in TDW without it this weekend. Sometimes it's longer to win but you can do it for sure.  Come see us in TP9, maybe we could help you with your deck. Don't give up! :)
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You really hoped to get that bzs and that can be disappointing. I feel your pain cause I recently failed to get Killer Instinct which will make my games faster in 2 to 4 turns max (not rounds) in standard.

However I disagree with people leaving due to bsz; people left for various reasons other than bsz. Moreover  I disagree that the game is unplayable without bsz.

The way elites are rotated and without consistently is what makes getting cards difficult. The way octagon handles elites is more annoying to players than serve any economic purpose
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i dont have it,i am plat and win most of the games i face it, may be that it has beat you without ever even playing you. it is beatable the ai doesnt play it well it goes off but not as effectively as a human would set it up, but it means gasp( not following the same build every other player makes but the best you can when you dont have every card
  • Magnumson
    Magnumson Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fiirst said:
    i have two bsz,
    second is in my my alt today (silver), get it today (a bit delay due to dilution by exclusive into the EP).

May I ask you about your strategy? How did you get it in two months? So far my strategy is to get 60% of all M19 mythics from premium packs then craft the other 40% or less until I have all mythics that you could get within the specific Elite+ pack. With 1200 pinkies you should get a BSZ for sure then. 

What is your strategy? 

Ankther important question: is there always the same combination of mythics and masterpieces in those three specific M19 Elite+ packs or does the combination change? 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magnumson said:
    fiirst said:
    i have two bsz,

May I ask you about your strategy? How did you get it in two months? So far my strategy is to get 60% of all M19 mythics from premium packs then craft the other 40% or less until I have all mythics that you could get within the specific Elite+ pack. With 1200 pinkies you should get a BSZ for sure then. 

What is your strategy? 

Ankther important question: is there always the same combination of mythics and masterpieces in those three specific M19 Elite+ packs or does the combination change? 

I can't speak to his strategy, but you seem to have the general gist of it down.
    Pull mythics from Premium Packs and crafting until you have all (or almost all) of the mythics from a specific Elite Pack that you want, and then pull the masterpieces.
    All Elite Packs contain the same cards every time they rotate though (with exclusive mythics being added into their set's specific packs once the next set is released), so you can plan ahead a bit.

It is still extremely luck based, though, unless you already have every other card in the pack (which seems to happen a lot if there is a specific card you want)
  • Magnumson
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Magnumson said:
    fiirst said:
    i have two bsz,

What is your strategy? 

I can't speak to his strategy, but you seem to have the general gist of it down.
    Pull mythics from Premium Packs and crafting until you have all (or almost all) of the mythics from a specific Elite Pack that you want, and then pull the masterpieces.
    All Elite Packs contain the same cards every time they rotate though (with exclusive mythics being added into their set's specific packs once the next set is released), so you can plan ahead a bit.

It is still extremely luck based, though, unless you already have every other card in the pack (which seems to happen a lot if there is a specific card you want)
    Makes sense thanks for the insight! You read everywhere that TotP is not for you if you’re not at at least at gold tier. I’m still at silver tier. How about this strategy: pull as many jewels as you can from ToTP and then fire at will on Elite+. I wonder which of the two mentioned strategy works better/faster to pull a BSZ? It just sucks to miss out an event every single day 
  • fiirst
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Magnumson said:
    fiirst said:
    i have two bsz,

What is your strategy? 

Just focus in M19 and All events.

When BSZ hit Vault, I spent all crystal into M19 Premium pack then pull BSZ EP.

But i didnt craft M19 at 7500. it was too pricy. (hence, some of my friend did and he got BSZ sooner than me for 6 weeks!)

P.S. I pulled 7 shots (2800 jewels) for BSZ EP (2 shot for every 3 week BSZ visit). got 3 mythics from Premium pack during the journey.
  • Magnumson
    Options
    fiirst said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Magnumson said:
    fiirst said:
    i have two bsz,

What is your strategy? 

Just focus in M19 and All events.

When BSZ hit Vault, I spent all crystal into M19 Premium pack then pull BSZ EP.

But i didnt craft M19 at 7500. it was too pricy. (hence, some of my friend did and he got BSZ sooner than me for 6 weeks!)

P.S. I pulled 7 shots (2800 jewels) for BSZ EP (2 shot for every 3 week BSZ visit). got 3 mythics from Premium pack during the journey.
    Interesting! But how did you manage to get 1.400 jewels per month if you’ve spent 2.800 jewels total in managed to get it in two months?
  • fiirst
    Options

Interesting! But how did you manage to get 1.400 jewels per month if you’ve spent 2.800 jewels total in managed to get it in two months?
    Jewels mine in plat briefly as below...
    1. 5 Totp Daily event x 20 = 100
    2. 6 Across Ixalan daily event  x 25 = 150
    3. Coalition Event, assuming 100 per week.
    4. Weekly PVE (JTH) assuming 60 per week. (Will be loss in non jth weeks)

For silver, I hit totp not  more than 3 time by accident.I dont suggest to do it anyway.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mojo said:
    Saved 1600 pinks over last two months since I’ve been back. Spent $50 on M19 packs and still no BSZ.  Congrats to others who got it you can continue playing.  Being in plat tier without it makes game unplayable.  No matter how much thought or prep you put into a deck it doesn’t matter. 

Everyone who who does not have BSZ will come to this same conclusion eventually. 

People can can say they are quitting for other reasons, but I think the mass exodus is due to the helplessness people feel from facing this card.  

Ive been playing games for 45 years.  I like a challenge.  As long as winning at some point is possible and here it is not.  New logo should be BSZ pg.  MTG should be removed from the name because no one is going to gather.  

I'm sorry you feel that way. BSZ is not mandatory, it just makes life easier. One of my team mates had a perfect run in the Dragon War event last weekend and he doesn't own BSZ. BSZ CAN be hard to fight against, but Greg usually doesn't play it well and spends 16 mana for maybe 1 or 2 free cards.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    Does BSZ rotate out of Standard after WAR? Or is it just XLN block that goes?

<edit> I checked. If we follow paper, Standard rotation will happen after WAR, and after Core Set 2020, at the end of 2019; with the delay in sets carried over to MTGPQ, that probably means that BSZ will remain in Standard until the start of 2020.

Plenty of time to use BSZ in Standard, and tbh you'll get plenty of use out of it in Legacy as well (MTGPQ does not prioritize Standard over Legacy like paper does).

So, if you're going to spend orbs or jewels, make sure you do so to narrow down your chances of getting BSZ out of that Elite pack (remember you get guaranteed non-duplicates from the 400j Elite packs!) Spending crystals probably won't make much difference either way, as the chances of pulling a Mythic or MP are quite small.
    They had a blog post outlining the rotation back with 3.0 or 3.1 I think, but it will be when the 3rd set from now comes out. When a set releases and brings the standard total up to 9 the oldest 4 get retired and it drops down to 5. XLN, RIX, DOM, M19, GRN, RNA, next set, next set, set triggering rotation.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    stikxs said:
    They had a blog post outlining the rotation back with 3.0 or 3.1 I think, but it will be when the 3rd set from now comes out. When a set releases and brings the standard total up to 9 the oldest 4 get retired and it drops down to 5. XLN, RIX, DOM, M19, GRN, RNA, next set, next set, set triggering rotation.
    Yup! Here is the exact section of that blog post talking about the MtGPQ Standard format:
    We’ve heard the community express some concerns about the Standard format rotating too soon and that it only contains 4 Sets plus Origins. In light of those concerns, we’ve looked into several alternatives, and after much consideration, we’ve decided to adhere to Wizard’s own Standard format with a slight addition.

Standard in MtGPQ will follow tabletop MtG’s own Standard format with the single difference of Origins being always available. Sets will be added to Standard until it reaches 8 non-Origin sets. Once the ninth non-Origins Set is added, the oldest four non-Origins Sets will be moved to Legacy. This increases the time a Set stays in standard by an entire year.

You can find the full blog post here: Guilds of Ravnica Update - New Features