Lich Mastery [Investigating]

Options
ArielSira
ArielSira Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
Just lost my first points in ToA. Opponent had Lich Mastery in play, it's destroyed but the effects stay (can't damage opponent and he is forced to discard every turn). 

//Edited Title - Tombstone
Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the report. I'll bring this issue up to the team for investigation.  
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed that this seems to happen when two are cast by the AI. Also, if you have support destruction, it will cast when the AI has no supports left on the board and almost like there is a phantom Lich Mastery still on the board.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    As EvilDead mentioned, there was an issue previously involving two Lich's Mastery Supports being on the board that could lead to this problem. 

@ArielSira
    Do you recall if the opponent had played multiple Lich's Mastery Supports at any point during this match? 
  • ArielSira
    Options
    @Tombstone as far as I remember not at that point in the game, there were no other supports on the field.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @ArielSira

Thanks for the reply. 

Do you happen to recall which Planeswalkers you and your opponent were using during this match, or any creatures that were in play at the time? 
  • ArielSira
    Options
    @Tombstone I was playing Bolas1, the opponent was Lili3. It was the "summon zombies, lose 4 creatures"-node.

I don't remember which creatures were in play at that time but when I noticed what was going on I most likely had any three of Prized Amalgam, Darigaaz, Scrapskin Drake or Relentless Dead out (those are the creatures in that deck).
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @ArielSira

Thank you again for the additional information. I'll relay this to the team for further investigation. 
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can chime in here too (also sent in a ticket over the weekend).

This was the black node in Race to Orazca, sometime Saturday morning.
    I was playing an Angrath denial build.
    My opponent, Ob Nix, had 1 Lich's Master in play that I destroyed a couple turns prior using Demolish.
    I hadn't noticed that he was still invulnerable until he played a 2nd Lich's Mastery a turn or so later.
    At no point in this match did he, Ob Nix, have 2 "physical" Lich's Mastery supports in play.
    Yet, at the end of the subsequent turns, he was discarding 2 cards, which would be normal if both Lich's Mastery supports were still in play.

At some point I had destroyed the 2nd Lich's Mastery, which did 0 damage to Ob Nix, and he was once again only discarding 1 card at the end of turn.
    (The support ticket included several screenshots with my markings showing the problem which I couldn't post here for some reason.)

There was no way to win that match.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still bugged, at least on black node of RtO. 
    I killed two and neither dealt any damage. At the time, each was Greg’s only support. 
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll reach out to the team to inform that the issues with this card are still occurring. 
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Hi everyone, the team is looking into this issue, and they are trying to gather and consolidate as much information as they can regarding these occurrences. Would you all mind submitting support tickets including the following information: 

- Where in the event did you encounter the issue? 
    - Which Planeswalkers have you encountered this issue with? 
    - Which Planeswalker was your opponent using when you encountered this issue? 
    - Do you recall if the opponent had played any other Supports, Spells, or Creatures on the turn when you had encountered this issue? 

Thank you again for taking the time to provide information regarding this issue.